Login |  Register |  FAQ

Heresy Lists vs NetEA Lists?

Post subject: Heresy Lists vs NetEA Lists?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So, with most of my Salamander minis ordered, I've started thinking about what else I want. Minervan Tank Legion is pretty cool, and I think I'd be happy enough with them.

However, I'm quite liking the EpicAU Word Bearers, and would definitely enjoy putting together a force.

The catch is, I'd mostly be using them against either NetAU Biel Tan or my own NetAU Salamanders. So I'm wondering, to what extent would this make for a decent game in a casual environment? The impression I have is that the EpicAU lists are more powerful than the default NetAU ones.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Heresy Lists vs NetEA Lists?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:52 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Not an expert on AU lists, but for want of any other answers and to encourage anyone to correct me: the heresy lists use the same rules, but are not made to be points/balance compatible with 'normal' lists.

If you want to play salamanders vs word bearers, use heresy lists for both, then that's fine. Or use Normal lists for both, then that's fine (don't think word bearers have fully play-tested normal list, but can use codex or chaos marines, just because they don't have a named list doesn't mean you cant play them).

For the purposes of this 'normal' = netEA/EUK/AU lists which in *most* cases are close enough to be compatible.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Would be interested to see how you get along Sable Wyvern.

I'm collecting a pre-heresy World Eater force, using the Epic Heresy AU lists, to go against the standard Epic Armageddon ork list - super casual though, mostly just narrative play with friends (so as long as the rules line up and you don't have units of gretchin wiping out terminators in assault we will manage!)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I really like the heavy mechanised aspect of the EpicAu lists. However, I think I'm probably going to go with Minervan Legion for now. Although, I've made a commitment to myself not to start buying new minis until I've played at least one game of EA and confirmed I actually like it, and I'm not just operating on SM2 nostalgia. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

If you want to try heavy mech marines in 'normal' EA, check out the scoins of iron or skaros lists (should be somewhere in the marines section on here).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
If you want to try heavy mech marines in 'normal' EA, check out the scoins of iron or skaros lists (should be somewhere in the marines section on here).

Interesting. Thanks for the tip, I will hunt them down.