Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 44  Next

GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer available)

Post subject: Re: GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer availa
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

novemberrain wrote:
I have to say the stuff I just got from FW has be some of the crispest / best cast I have had from them in ages...

Mine too

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

If they had to re-mold things to fill orders for this fire sale then the spiteful part of me is smiling.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:31 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

actually I think they're really clearing *everything* out, pulling all the boxes of stuff stashed for a rainy day out and whatnot, it would probably explain why stuff keeps going out of stock, then coming back in.... they are really cleaning everything out and trying to make as much as they can on it.....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Last edited by kyussinchains on Mon May 06, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They definitely told me they were making new molds for some of the BFG stuff about 2 months ago - seems a bit of a waste now.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:36 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think the plebs answering the phone really have no idea, GW, and by extension FW, seem to treat their staff with almost the same level of contempt as they do their customers..... I would LOVE the BFG stuff to come back in stock, I've actually been close to tears in the past couple of days at times when I think how much I would have loved to collect BFG and WM, sure there are alternatives, but GW got its hooks into me at too early and impressionable an age, and frankly it's just not the same :*(

hell, when I called them earlier in the week to check stock levels of the warlord, the dude in customer service told me he would 'put money' on it all coming back shortly..... I should have taken that bet.....

then when I went in to collect some stuff, the guy asked what it was, I told him a panic buy of epic stuff and he gave me such a smug 'I couldn't give less of a shit' look when I dared to question GW's motives for killing off all of their games with any integrity and appeal to actual wargamers.....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There doesn't seem to be much point in FW now though. Some one over on warseer made mention that white dwarf has also begun to admit the existence of FW ( I refuse to buy white dwarf any more as, well, its a load of arse)

They just seem to be making monsters for warhammer, and shoulder pads for 40k. With GW selling their finecast they don't really need an outlet to continue selling resin now either.

I could see the epic and SG clear out as the first step as making FW part of GW and no longer being a separate entirety.

Which may explain the nice casts. Maybe they are burning through and making up as much stock as they can including making up new casts to wear down the molds and resins. Empty and ready for the inquisition to burn down FW and then GW can deny all knowledge of it, along with the rest of SG!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

EpicBattleBaggz wrote:
Pretty peeved at this point... :tut

Not even a "HEY GUYS, we here at GW hate you and we're giving you exactly 4 weeks to order your stuff and then...HAHahahahaa....pray that we might release a "special" box set of something resembling the game you once loved every two years in the form of Dreadfleet and charge you a ridiculous amount of money for something we will NEVER support...suckers! Hahahahaha!"

I loathe you GW and GW shareholders....I loathe you. I'm glad I just recently bought the Warmaster book for nothing....Thanks GW turds... :gah

Your post mirrors my sentiments.

I am surprised there is no backlash on the gaming forums around the web. I have often found that we as a gamers (AND customers) are too forgiving.

GW gave no notice, no warning, no chance to complete collections.

When I found out a few days ago I tried to place a few large orders. However some of them from GW was not 100% filled. They yanked out Warmaster Empire Halberdiers for example. Even though it was in stock on the webpage when I orderered and for a full day before it was out of stock.

What kind of company does this customers - let them spend so much money and then discontinue a product.

Imagine I bought a car and then it arrived with no wheel simply due to the fact they chose to discontinue the model before it was shipped to me...

GW's business practices disgust me. Sure I could walk away, but it shouldn't be like that. I played their games since Rogue Trader was first released. Unfortunately the company is a far cry from what they once was.

At the very least a month and a promise to fill all orders would have been nice. This ninja stuff they are doing without even an official notice on the website is appalling...
I

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Draccan wrote:

I am surprised there is no backlash on the gaming forums around the web. I have often found that we as a gamers (AND customers) are too forgiving.

Ah, the subtleties of brainwashing. Frankly, the reactions around here, while in a sense perfectly understandable, are also quite sobering. A hobby is never and can never be a single company. If that is what you (you, as in the generic reader of his text) have thought, then that is wrong. The good thing is that when all the hurt goes away, there will be something better to replace it. Or rather a lot of different things.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't know. There's plenty of kvetching over at Warseer. Much of it is directed towards GW for killing the collector range (another casualty of the metal purge) but plenty for the way SG got thrown under the bus. Mind you, not all of it was from SG players either. There's much trepidation from the 40k SOB players feeling they might be on the chopping block next for instance.

Anyways I think there's a mixture of resignation to the fact of GW in the current management incarnation, lack of knowledge for SG, and general nitch of nitch all occurring but my general impression out there was one of "well that sucks"

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, warseer seems to be up in arms over the missing SOB and even some of the collectors IG minis. I do feel bad for the people that have stopped buying white dwarf, then payed ebay prices for the SOB codex! It seemed quite quiet about it on dakka though. I have always thought that dakka had a higher class of modeling skill and guides but also attractive far more trolling and arguments, but when I checked the other day their SG section was pretty sparse!

Its been mentioned on pendrakens forums but its not very much to read, a quick mention about it and a brief discussion on whether it may or may not increase traffic to the fantasy part of the site before the thread dries up!

I suppose it hits people here worse, as this forum seems like one of the most dedicated forum to any hobby I have ever seen! But then, this side of the net, people have not needed GW to enjoy epic for a long time now!

I think that if GW had still run its own forums/facebook then this would have been the move that killed them off, I can only imagine the rage that would have been dealt on official sites!!

Still, perhaps it was time that 6mm sci fi gaming was removed from GW and into the wide world..after all, if they kept it, they would only ruin it, and its in the start of what could be a very golden age of 6mm!

AB, Troublemaker, EW, DRM, microworld, Baccus, irregular.... Perhaps this could be start of something...EPIC :D

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah I get the feel for the general Warmaster community was a yawn. It seems to an outsider that they've long ago moved out of the general GW sphere of influence, fantasy being really IP neutral (unlike Astartes). I always thought dakkka as a 40k haven. Yeah there's a bit of SG but it seemed like tumbleweeds around that corner. The less we talk about B&C, the better IMHO.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well that’s a shock… I’ve got drop pods on the way from GW!

Last week I had them in my panic order but got an email saying they were on backorder. I canceled them from the order so I would at least get everything else on my list. Later I wondered about it and put in another order with drop pods and a couple of items I didn’t really need, for the free shipping. If the drop pods on backorder held up the whole order forever, that’d be okay with me. Well, I got an email saying that the order has shipped.

Going temporarily out of stock (as long as the webstore still lets you add it to your cart) does not necessarily mean that it’s permanently gone. With that, I think my collection is complete as long as I’m not dumb enough to start another army without having finished any others.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:08 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

carlisimo109 wrote:
...With that, I think my collection is complete as long as I’m not dumb enough to start another army without having finished any others.

*Looks at EW shopping cart.*

I wish I had that resolve.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
carlisimo109 wrote:
...With that, I think my collection is complete as long as I’m not dumb enough to start another army without having finished any others.

*Looks at EW shopping cart.*

I wish I had that resolve.

I didn't exactly say I had it, either =].

But I won't need anything from GW for any future armies, which means I can wait - and I'd BETTER wait because I should be spending this money on my stupid, overgrown backyard or something like that. Meanwhile I will dream of Ordinatii that I totally do not need and STOP IT STOP IT

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi guys,

Can I get confirmation, if possible, that the plastic infantry (i.e. on sprues) is also a part of this product withdrawal?

Tee

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 44  Next