Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jimthewookie, Atcho, Moridin and Locknar battles

Post subject: Re: Jimthewookie, Atcho, Moridin and Locknar battles
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm sure if you asked my opponent he will have some choice words about the knights!

I've already had my say in the EC thread but overall I didn't feel the list was unbalanced. I'll have to run it a few more times to really get a feel for it however.

Battle Reports Thread

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, I read those comments - thanks again for taking the time. i'm especially curious about how those hell scourges would fare again, and how the list does against an 11-12 activation opponent.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Captpiett the knights are powerful yes and they have been pushed up the order of my must kill list for future reference, but i dont think they are over powered per se. Mori got lucky with some rolls and PDP rolled really poorly for 2 sets of saves against them.

only thing for me is I'm not a big fan of 3 saves on a unit short of a full titan but thats a bigger issue!

cheers

The VII involved in battle reports, probably fighting Atcho, Locknar or moridin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey gents sorry for the long time between drinks, I have a bit of a back log of write ups to do, Atcho keeps giving me grief about it so here’s a little battle report from our group. Up for today’s read forum member Locknar’s Death Guard up against my VIIth Legion.

The list used for the Death Guard:
I seem to have misplaced locknar’s list, I’ll run it down and add it in

The list used by the Imperial Fists
https://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choo ... 1~505~12x1

Some pics of deployment:
western retinue, defiler pack and plague tower
Heresy jet bikes proxy blight drones
contagion engines and plague reaper
central tacticals and centrurions on over watch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 1: Imperial Fist Initiative. Death Guard deployment zone is northern table edge.

IF central tacticals lead out sustaining fire on the contagion engines, scoring no hits but putting on a blast marker. The plague tower advances shooting the western tacticals for 5 hits which after some appalling armour save rolling ends with 3 tacticals and a thudd killed. Assuming their end is nigh the west tacticals sustain on the defiler pack scoring 1 hit, which locknar fails to save.

Death guard blight drones on the west double and fire on the west tacticals, all hits saved.

The IF whilwinds sustain on the east death guard retinue scoring 3 hits killing 1. Death guard contagion engines advance towards the centre to clear their line of fire and come under fire from the IF centurions from overwatch, 4 hits result in 2 kills breaking the engines who retreat back behind the forest
some unkind words are said about wook’s mum, which is rough frankly.

IF devastators advance triggering overwatch fire from eastern retinue killing a devastator the devastators reply scoring no hits…..yeah….. Blight drones advance firing on the devastators again with all hits saved.
The relic fellblade advances firing on its ancient corrupted equivalent the plague reaper doing one DC of damage.

The defiler pack advances taking cover behind the western forest opposite the tacticals.

The imperial fists predators double towards the centre town firing on the plague tower scoring 5 hits with 4 saves, the unsaved rolled up critical scoring an extra DC and killing 3 of the passengers, the happy dancing is unsightly and so will not be described.

The Plague reaper doubles shooting at the centurions missing completely, attempting to return the favour the IF land raiders double and fire on the plague reaper scoring 2 hits with both saved, to end the turn the death guard call in hell blades who strafe the devastators killing 2, the devastators break and retreat.
Turn 1 ends, hell blades disengage and are shot at by the IF hunter who misses completely, the IF devastators fail to rally.

battle field at the end

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 2 IF initiative IF termis teleport behind contagion engines

The newly teleported termis engage the contagion engines wiping them out and consolidating. The fists retain with the fellblade sustaining on the plague reaper which take a further DC goes critical and explodes……the heckling Princess Desiree potato (finger pointing in pic one) commences a relentless “too soon” barrage that will last the rest of the game against locknar.

The death guard looking for pay pack go engage with the defiler pack against the western tacticals fail to activate and break themselves on blast markers………PDP upped it a gear at this point, atcho starts a death guard cheer squad to compensate.

The fist predators sustain on the plague tower causing 7 hits, 6 of which were saved. The whirlwinds retain and sustain on the western blight drones causing 3 hits all of which were saved. The plague tower fails to activate and regroups instead removing 5 blast markers.

The western Tacticals sustain on the blight drones killing one. The eastern blight drones advance sustaining against the terminators causing 6 hits all of which are saved, the death guard retain with the centre retinue firing on the termis again all hits saved again.

The centre fists tactical sustains on the blight drones killing 2 drones and breaking the unit. Assault retinue out of the plague tower doubles into the forest in front of west tacticals summoning 2 daemons on the way.
The IF landraiders double firing on east blight drones with no hits.
Death guard western retinue goes on overwatch. The imperial fists centurions sustain on the east blight drones wiping out the unit. Death guard hellblades strafe the predators killing 1

Turn Ends, hellblades disengage with no fire, western blight drones fail to rally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 3: IF Initiative, sorry no pics in this turn for some reason, not sure why!

Landraiders advance firing on the plague tower causing 4 hits with 1 DC getting through, the IF retain with the whirlwinds sustaining on the assault retinue killing 3 marines.

The Death Guard defilers fail to activate again, regrouping and removing 2 blast markers. The western tacticals sustain on the assault retinue killing a daemon and breaking the unit.

The plague tower advances firing on the predators killing one and breaking the unit with disruption. The death guard determined to go down fighting retain and sustain with the western retinue on the landraiders but the 3 hits are saved.

The fist terminators sustain on the east retinue killing a havoc. The death guard hellblades strafe the broken predators killing 1. The Fellblade doubles firing on the east retinue killing a havoc. The east retinue sustains on the fellblade hitting once but saved.

The remaining rallied fist devastators march and contest blitz.

END GAME
IF 4 nil
Occupy 2 enemy objectives
Occupy 3 own objectives
No unbroken enemy in own half
Blitz

Locknar and i talked after and the sense was it shouldn't have been as big a hit as it was for the death guard, he had some terrible activation roles at some key points that the fists just used to hammer him.

Hope you enjoyed all, more bat reps to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the report! Great job!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great report, some really nice conversions in the pictures as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

great report chaps :)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:09 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

great looking miniatures in those shots, very nice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

your very welcome glad you enjoyed it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am enjoying this thread and some great Batreps! Keep them coming ;)

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quick Batrep for a game our group had other day, between Moridin (Red Corsairs) & PDP (Codex Astartes).
Its photo light............... because Im lazy!

Moridin - (RC) Red Corsairs, 3.4 http://traitor-legion.appspot.com/chooser.html?list=CHAOS_corsairs_NETEA&force=Incompertus~532~503~13x1~20x4~92x1~24x1~503~90x1~20x4~25x1~502~90x1~50x4~13x1~510~51x4~18x1~510~19x4~18x1~519~520~523~524~90x1~54x8~500~12x2

PDP - (SM) Codex Astartes, TP 2014 http://traitor-legion.appspot.com/chooser.html?list=SM_codex_NETEA&force=Incompertus~544~18x1~543~543~534~538~24x4~538~25x4~553~532~16x1~532~549

RC won strategy roll.

In a bizarre tit-for-tat, Both players stacked most of their objectives as close as they could to each other around the central town, providing a 3 objective focal point that would surely draw in most of the opposing armies to contest... (And it did...).

DEPLOYMENT;

Moridin went with the - "Im still not sure what most this corsairs stuff really does, so not sure where to put most of it" strategy for his deployment, although the knights garrisoned on over-watch on his left had a great field of fire from the outset.

PDP went with his classic strategy. "Tactico-el-blob-o". And had decided that his Blitz (on his extreme right) was not worth protecting at this early stage of the game. He lines everything up in a blob, smushes them into anything that's in front of him, then makes a mad dash at the end with whats left for objectives... Not elegant or sophisticated, but so much fun to watch for a friendly game.. so so so much carnage.

This was going to be over very quick.

DEPLOYMENT

My Epic Army threads;
* Ad Mech (Skitarii, Cataphractii, Titan, IG Cadian)
* Marine (Xth Legion Iron Hands) TBA - soon!
* Necron (Scarab Conflict)
Batrep thread;
* Batreps (My armies being slaughtered by whomever & other battles.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next