Login |  Register |  FAQ

Necron NIHILAKH DYNASTY Army (new Codex list)

Post subject: Necron NIHILAKH DYNASTY Army (new Codex list)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

V0.4 Released Oct.8.2012 :spin

Attachment:
NecronNIHILAKHv0.4.pdf [171.26 KiB]
Downloaded 818 times

cryptek - lose extra FF attack
Immortal - gaurss blaster 30cm range , NIHILAKH
Deathmark- 175 to 200, gun - AP4+, armour 5+
triarch praetorians - 275 to 300
flayed ones - 200 to 225, from 6 to 5
stalker - 20cm move
wraith - moved frist strike to extra attack only
tomb blades- 6 to 5, 350 to 325
anni barge - speed to 30
monolith - partilcal wip - AP3+/AT4+, formation from 200 to 225.
doom sycthe - death ray - loss F.F.A. , twin destuctors to 30cm, changed to fighter/bomber, 200 to 225
spyder - switch scarb swarms stats around, speed to 20, armour to 5+ reinforced, added new unit with them
storm barge - speed to 25
tomb sphynx - ark projector to FA, 500 to 450, changed the crit chart up at bit.
arkitec - armour to 4+, Gravity beams - ignore cover 60cm range, claws +1 attack loss MW, speed 25,

new formation - Endless Watchers - tomb spyders and scarb swarms unit

V.0.3 (118 DL's)

death marks 225 to 175
Ark Warrior Legion - 350 to 325
Doomsday Maniple 300 to 275
ctan - added teleport, and can use portal.
reduced harbringer barge move from 25 to 20, changed name and stats of weapons, renamed Storm Barge.
ark whip to AP4+/AT4+, change secondary to 1 @ 3X AP5+/AT6+, Add minor AA gun.
fixed tomb spyder claws to Assault weapons
add tomb swarms stats
changed upgrades to "may each choose two different upgrades" and remove 0-1 per unit from ctan.
changed tomb sphpyx critical chart 2-4 roll to just say takes 1 point of damage and dont need to roll again.

Added The Tomb Guardians sp rule to list.

This is our World - reworded to make it so that only half of the unit must be within 20cm
of an objective and to allow ctan upgrades to fall back with with the unit. Also tried to
clean up the wording to say that its a fall back to a objective on the necron half of the board
but this doesn't mean to say that the unit being redeployed has to end up on the necron half of
the table.

New unit type - The Arkitec, The concept behind this guy it that since this is a active necron world
you are likely to run into things that are not necessarily designed for battle but will still fight
when there is a threat. The Arkitec is one such unit, its basically the necron equivalent of a massive
walking crane/construction unit. It uses its gravity beams to move large objects, be that building parts or
solid rock cut up by its long tentacle like foriple claws. In battle it uses these to lift up toss tanks
and squads of enemy infantry. Even if it losses control of what its trying to lift up the sudden loss
of gravity and orientation is panic inducing enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V.0.2 (104 DL's)

-changed any old units to original stats except for monolith and characters, renamed
-dropped destroyers and heavy destroyers
-changed doomsday maniple from 4 to 5 units and dropped down to 300
-added teleport to deathmarks and changed to 225
-wraiths down to 200 and 50 in the upgrades
-tomb stalkers now 300
-harbringer barge - changed from size from 0-2 to 0-3, added teleport
-tomb spynx - changes pulse to 30cm range and ark to fixed front ark
-ctan down to 125 and 0-1 per formation
-added army rule - Lesser Worlds
-removed all rules for Necron, portals, tomb complex, and living metal and referenced where they could be found.
-made more clear character upgrades so that they must be assigned to infantry
or a command barge.
-changed all upgrades with multiples to 0-3
-rounded all upgrades to 25 point marks
-added tomb swarms (but forgot to add stats ::) )

-LA

Last edited by Lord Aaron on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Necron NIHILAKH DYNASTY Army (new Codex list)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I read through it..
It looks nice..

First question: Why did you change the profil of Wraiths, Monolith und Heavy destroyers?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

For the most part the changes in the stats are due to significant changes in the new necron codex.

Wraiths - Better save, due to the fact that they have 2 wounds now and 3+/3++ , from just 1 wound and only a 3++. The one lance attack, well Ill give that one to black legion, it was a good idea in my opinion that was a smart way to represent the fact that wraith have rending now, instead of just giving them a MW attack. Walker - wraiths are now (in 40k) basically immune to ANY terrain effects.

Monolith - It did technically get worse in 40k in terms of armour but it got a nice revamp of its weapons. This is taken into effect in the list, including adding the one MW FF attack in the form of THE DOOR!, ALL FEAR THE DOOR! lol, no really, its a weird thing when the most powerful weapon in the (40K) army is a door way... You just die, no save, no invulnerable, no eternal warrior, just dead... even dreadnoughts!(ok I know how unlikely the last one is but its possible). I'll probably have to up the points for the formation by a bit, 25 probably, maybe 50 depending on they show in game.

Heavy Destroyers - hmm, These ones are definitely up in the air(along with regular destroyers). I might take them out of the list entirely, with all the other additions to the list I honesty don't know if they will still have a place. But I don't know yet, its still early. It might be the "easy" way out but like I said its still early, I just finished the list less then 12 hours ago and haven't even made a list yet!

Flayed ones - and before you ask, cus they are scary!, the idea being that some(very very few in this case) men would rather run then fight robots with flesh and blood dripping off them

What do you think of the two Army SP rules?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What means "Fall back"? Become broken?
The SP rules are like the "old" necron SP rules.. a other way for phase out and a easier way to get overwatch.. the armour save for broken units is a good think. Fits the "we are robots" thing nice..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ya, fall back , should say becomes broken.

The sp rules are suppost to represent the fact that there is no where left to fall back to, so they fall back to the staging lines. I didn't want this list to be like the current necron list that favors teleporting portals in and engaging out of/in to them. Im trying to make it less relyent on portals basically. I know some people will say that, that's how necrons do things, and that's fine and all but there's more then one way to flay a cat... Lol. The over watch bonus was added to reinforce the fact that opponents will want to ocuppy necron objective zones to hamper their rallying and regrouping. So having formations on guard sort a speak will help prevent this a bit.

And I can't comment on the old necron rules cus I never saw them.

Thanks for the feed back, keep it coming!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

awesome work, its an excellent starting point.

units to wich you have changed stats should have different name (eg: nihilak monolith) so there are no different unit with the same name in necron lists.
I´ll do a complete analysis on special rules and unit stats in another post, because i think there should be a thread discussing those things to have cohesion between lists

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good idea asdepicas, I was thinking the same thing, but for some reason putting canopek in from of every thing didnt seem like a good idea at the time!, but nihilakh , dispite being ni prenouncable, sounds good too lol!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
With such a short range i actually think that the Portal of Exile should be a CC MW attack.

Tetrarch raetorians should have Teleport as they are describet to perform the same trick as Eldar Swooping Hawks (= Deep Strike in Wh40k).

Last edited by BlackLegion on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

i think that core army should be called sautekh due to it being the center of the new 40k codex.

also as i´ve said tomb complex doesnt seem necessary, but could be a good addition to your own dinasty. be careful with adding 2 complexes as it could be quite overpowering the army.
the rule that teleports the units to the complexes seems interesting, would have to test it, because seems little diference as normal necrons can use the portal to come back

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Portal of exile - Ya its got almost no range in reality, but if I made it a CC MW I dont think Any one in there right mind would use it unless the nihilakh monolith CC attacks where upped to 5+. hmm, Its one of those things where I want to see it do some thing but if I run it as you sujested it might not be worth even giving an acutal attack and maybe just upping the base FF to 4+ maybe. hmmm.... I will continplate this further... Is there any thing wrong with simply making the MW FF attack only 10cm? or is it against some cosmic holy rule of rules that i dont know of?

Sautekh- ya, I dont think the final nihilakh version army list(how ever many long times away that will be) will be the standard list, it will have things cut from the list and non standard necron rules. but I thought B.L. was taking care of that list though? I dont mind colaberating with him or any one else interested in a new style necron list but this list will be the nihilakh list, with its own things.

Tomb complex- ya, I think since Im trying to push away from the portal heavy list only having 0-1 tomb complex might be a good idea.

O and this list dosnt use portals to come back per say, it uses the necron half of the boards objectives as sort of redeployment area's. Portals are still there for units to go in and out of, but generaly speaking most if not all of the units will remain on the baord at all times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
FF attacks are made with 15cm range. It is a rule not a weapon's feature.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ya, but its 15 cus all units small arms says its 15, why cant we make it only 10? for that attack?, too much exsplaining or what?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

in my opinion portal of exile is fine as is, its not a CC attack in 40k, its short range is what makes it a FF attack and not a weapon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:45 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Lord Aaron wrote:
Ya, but its 15 cus all units small arms says its 15, why cant we make it only 10? for that attack?, too much exsplaining or what?

1.12.5 Resolve Attacks wrote:
All units have two assault values: a close combat value and a
firefight value. Units that are in base-to-base contact with the
enemy use the close combat value, while units that are not in
base contact but are within 15cm and have a line of fire to the
enemy can use their firefight value.

The range of Firefight is set in the basic game rules. The range of (15cm) is in parantheses because it is not a range per se, but counts for suppression inside that distance. THat is to say, the 'range' is a reminder, not a variable feature of the weapon like true ranged weapons.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

Last edited by Spectrar Ghost on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

asdepicas wrote:
in my opinion portal of exile is fine as is, its not a CC attack in 40k, its short range is what makes it a FF attack and not a weapon

For example: Tactical Marines have CC4+ because they are equipped with a Meltagun, Plasmagun or Flamer. Not ONLY because the Sergeant can have a Powerfist.
And a powerful 6" weapon in Wh40k is pretty much a CC weapon in Epic.