Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Squat Comments Poster

Post subject: Squat Comments Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Utah, pick a Pacific Island the other half of the year.
First off a real big thank you to Cyber Shadow, and the rest of the Epicomms leadership, for pinning the Consolidated Squat List so it would be easier for those interested to find it.

I am starting this post so you don't have to slog through all three lists to comment on them.

For those interested the 'future Army Lists' slated so far are;

An artillery dependant Squat Army

A SHT dependant Squat Army

However the two new lists are the ones we will be working on for the near future, and wish those interested to comment on them.

We really do want your input, in the old Epic-A forum it was the comments of those outside are group that made Thurgrims list as good as it is.

Thanks ahead of time,

Jaldon and Friends

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A minor thing as I generally like your lists, I think the Noble Bikes should have a weapons shot. The SM1 version had a Las-cannon, IIRC ?  :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Jaldon @ 29 2005 July,06:23)
First off a real big thank you to Cyber Shadow, and the rest of the Epicomms leadership, for pinning the Consolidated Squat List so it would be easier for those interested to find it.

And a real big thanks from my mate Lennie and his Squat army to Jaldon (and friends  :)  :D  :p * ) for givig him an army list to play games with.

Orde :-)

* Damned emoticon limit...

Tau Army List Archive

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote Legion
A minor thing as I generally like your lists, I think the Noble Bikes should have a weapons shot. The SM1 version had a Las-cannon, IIRC ?
End Quote

True enough, our present problem was trying to rationalize a Lascannon not only on a bike, but having enough energy on board to fire one more then once :L

The present thought going around the group is to offer a Trike with a Lascannon, or to give the Bike an Autogun and then say they are the best bikers in the Squat worlds and capable of using it.

Any Thoughts?

Please remember these are playtest list (the two new ones at least), and I often work backwards having the "In House" group playtest ideas a bit before I post them. This way you guys don't end up using something that is way out of whack.

Thanks for the input

Jaldon :oo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like the idea of giving the bikes an autogun. A lascannon on a bike does seem out of place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yep, I think you're correct, Jaldon !   I like the autogun too. I wasn't sold on the Lascannon either, but I think an autogun would do fine ! :;):

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

With the overall thought in mind that the Auto Gun is going to be more difficult to handle on a bike, no matter how skilled the rider, give the following stats a try for the Baron

Auto Gun 30cm AP5+ AT6+

Some in the group are favoring a 'short barreled' version similar to the Ork Warbike

Auto Gun 15cm AP4+ AT6+

In either case do not change the Barons point cost, yet, and give them a try.

Dauntless as a name for the Squat Gorgon, hmmmm starting to like the sound of this one.

Thanks for the input :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dauntless is also the name of the main Imperial BFG light cruiser, one reason against choosing the name!
GW does too much of this annoying 'doubling up' of names in my opinion- I prefer the Norse themed names. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Stormseer, ya had to rain on my party :L  didn't ya :o

Ratz, gotta think up another one, though I do agree on the double up thing GW does, all though I don't find it that annoying.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Jaldon @ 31 2005 July,20:03)
With the overall thought in mind that the Auto Gun is going to be more difficult to handle on a bike, no matter how skilled the rider, give the following stats a try for the Baron

Auto Gun 30cm AP5+ AT6+

By "auto gun" do you mean autocannon?  Autoguns, in 40k fluff, are more like M16s/light assault riflles, where autocannons are more like 25mm/30mm rapid fire light tank guns.

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like the stats, Jaldon and the autogun works for me.  And the autocannon would be too big !  If you go by 40K standards but I don't play 40K !  So no matter what you call it I like the stats ! :;):

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (stormseer @ 31 2005 July,23:40)
Dauntless is also the name of the main Imperial BFG light cruiser, one reason against choosing the name!
GW does too much of this annoying 'doubling up' of names in my opinion- I prefer the Norse themed names. :)

Instead of Dauntless, how about Mastodon, staying with animal/monster names?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!

After long deliberation, and many months of being without one, we have decided to 'step ahead' of GW and give the Squats the Demiurg fleet. (They kept giving us half answers on whether we could use it or not)

This is going to cause some changes to the Squat Lists, I'll have to send them to Cyber Shadow so he can add them, or tell me how to do it. However I will post them here so you guys can get using them straight away.

Change
The Bomb Battle Car now uses the small template and is reduced in cost by -25pts. (This was our replacement for the lack of an Orbital Barrage, but now that they have a fleet...)

Add
Stronghold Battleship
Type/Speed/Armor/CC/FF
SC/na/na/na/na
Weapons/Range/Firepower
Orbital Barage/na/8xBPMW
notes: Slow and Steady

Bastion Cruiser
Type/Speed/Armor/CC/FF
SC/na/na/na/na
Weapons/Range/Firepower
Orbital Barrage/na/3xBPMW
Pin Point Attack/na/MW2+TKD3

To all three Army Lists add in the WE 1/3 points catagory the following

Navy
1xStronhold Class Battleship for 300 points OR 1xBastion Class Cruiser for 150 points

Auto Gun Question:
It is not the Imperial Autogun, which has no seperation between it's two halves, it is a Squat Auto Gun Heavy Weapon, made up by us for the Squats, and it is seperated into two halves :L

Enjoy :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Khazak?s Stronghold

At one time Khazak?s Stronghold was the single largest Stronghold in the Squat Confederacy, but it?s location on the fringes, near Ork controlled space, insured that this wasn?t going to remain so for very long. Long, long ago, when Khazak?s Stronghold was at the pinnacle of it?s size and wealth, Waaagh Grizback swept into it?s domains. None had for seen the Waaaghs coming, so when it struck the warriors of Khazak?s Stronghold were forced to stand alone against the massive Ork invasion as the Confederacy gathered it?s forces. Despite their bravery Khazak?s warriors were forced off of one system after another.

Just as it seemed that Khazak?s Stronghold itself was destined to perish under the weight of the Waaagh before help could arrive, Lord Ephadiaus Grudge Bearer declared that he would retreat no further. As the Squats abandoned the rocky planet of Greaka Lord Ephadiaus, and the 3,000 warriors of his hand picked bodyguard (Known in Squat lore as ?The Spartans?, itself ?said to have come from some lost ancient text), ?hunkered down to await the Orks in the Hold of Ghermopolay. Soon Ork attack, after Ork attack, slammed against the Hold, and each time the green tide rolled back leaving hundreds of dead behind.

Disturbed by his commanders inability to subdue Ghermopolay Warlord Grizback himself came to Greaka, but his plans faired no better, and all of them ended in a bloody repulse. Angered by his own failures, and realizing that his authority was quickly fading, Warlord Grizback started pulling more of his forces off other fronts and bringing them to Greaka. He was determined to overwhelm Ghermopolay?s defenders through sheer numbers, and still Lord Ephadiaus and his 3,000 Spartans held. Soon entire offensives were being called off, their forces diverted to Greaka, this was all the breathing space the Confederacy needed and soon they were hammering the Orks back on all fronts. Still Warlord Grizback pulled more forces to Greaka, and accepting the lost ground so he could have his vengeance upon Lord Ephadiaus.

Too soon all communication with Ghermopolay?s defenders was lost, with the final message sent, ?Go tell the Confederacy the 3,000 Spartans are still holding their ground.? Despite their best efforts it wasn?t until near the end of the war that Greaka was retaken and the fate of Lord Ephadiaus Grudge Bearer and his 3,000 Spartans was discovered.

Entering the Hold of Ghermopolay the liberators were forced to push their way through passages clogged with Ork bodies, yet not a single body found was that of a Spartan. In galleries the Ork dead were piled like a wall before stone defenses, and then littered the floor beyond it, still no single body that lay upon the floor was that of a Spartan. In great halls stood fortified walls with corpses piled up to the top, and then spilling over beyond it like a great wave smashing against a sea wall, spilling over the top, and then frozen in time. Yet again no Spartan lay among the dead. Then in the Holds great hall they found a fortified mound surrounded by thousands of Ork bodies, and atop it lay Lord Ephadiaus Grudge Bearer and his 3,000 Spartans. Next to Lord Ephadiaus?s corpse lay his Book of Grudges, it?s last entry, made less then a week before the Confederacy launched it?s attack on Greaka, stated, ?We stood as we fell, never yielding a fellow warrior, nor the ground that we held, to the foe.? (It is in honor of Lord Ephadiaus and his 3,000 Spartans, that the Squats named their APC, but Khazak?s Warriors prefer to revere their honored hero through their actions, rather then with a painted box of steel.)

The Confederacy?s counter-offensive petered out soon after Greaka was retaken leaving over half of Khazak?s Stronghold former domain in Ork hands, along with over 80% of the heavy workshops and factories. This has forced them to depend more on the much smaller vehicles mass produced in their smaller workshops and factories, then on the larger vehicles they can only produce in very limited numbers at the few heavy workshops they have left. Over time they have been able to rebuild some of this lost capacity, but the output is still far below the numbers needed for the Stronghold. However, with typical Squat skill and ingenuity, the smaller vehicles they produce more then make up for the lost large vehicle capacity.

The same holds true for the Stronghold?s Army, which does field a limited number of super heavy vehicles, but by in large depends on it?s Striker Tanks, and Gorgon APCs to make up the difference. Most Squats scoff at the idea of using such vehicles in war, and feel that Khazak?s Stronghold would be better served making up the shortfall by buying what they needed from another Stronghold. All Squats have long memories, and it is said that those of Khazak?s Stronghold are a bit longer because of the ravages of Waaagh Grizback, and their reply is based upon their experiences in that war. ?As the 3,000 Spartans we stand as we are, with what we have, and always as one.?

Jaldon :oo ?and Friends

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

re:the bikes
perhaps give them a weapon similar to whatever the standard IG infantry use? why - the models.  The bikers each hold, in their left hand, what looks like a "sawn-off" lasgun (i.e. bigger than a laspistol).  But there is no weapon on the bike itself.
Unless you mean the trikes, which appear to have a multi-melta mounted on a turret

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next