Login |  Register |  FAQ

ForgeWolrd Newsletter #119

Post subject: ForgeWolrd Newsletter #119
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

YAAAHHHHH Epic Ork Battlewagons

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS ++++

Hi and welcome to an issue of the Forge World Newsletter that is packed full of good things to look at. All the new models we?ll show you today are being released at the end of May but are available to pre-order right now. Have a good look and enjoy!
Thx,

Ewen Little,
Forge World.
Spotlight Image

New Tau Shas?o Battlesuit identified!
Imperial intelligence agents have identified a new type of Shas?o Battlesuit. First encountered during fierce fighting on Taros, the Tau supreme commander, one Shas?o R?myr, personally took to the field. He appears to have been equipped with the most up-to-date evolution of the Crisis Battlesuit, equipped with systems as yet unavailable to other Battlesuits. The Shas?o R?myr model is armed with a twin-linked plasma rifles and a shield generator and we have experimental rules available to download from the Forge World website until the finalised rules are released in ?Imperial Armour Volume 3: The Taros Campaign?. This new model stands just a little bit taller than a regular XV8 but is a lot bulkier, and quite nasty looking too!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/rmyr.htm

Essential upgrades for Space Marine Terminators.
As soon as we saw the new plastic Space Marine Terminators, we knew we just had to make some extra pieces and upgrades for these excellent new models. This pack of Ultramarine Terminator Shoulder Pads is just the first in a range that will be released over the coming months. The pack contains ten shoulder pads, five proudly displaying the Crux Terminatus and five different shoulder pads carrying the Ultramarines Chapter icon as well as various purity seals and honour badges. My own Terminators are a focal point of my army and the addition of a set of finely detailed shoulder pads this summer will make them that bit more special and of course they will then fight even better!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/ultramtermsp.htm
?
?Sabre-toothed? Tiger Shark?
Until the Taros campaign the Tau had few weapons capable of stopping Imperial Titans and super-heavy tanks. The Tiger Shark seemed to be the ideal vehicle to transform into a for
midable ground attack weapon, as it combined speed and manouverability with the capacity to carry a fearsome array of weapons. This new variant of the Tiger Shark is equipped with two heavy railguns (usually found in the far larger Manta) and a combination seeker missile and markerlight system. Upon its initial deployment against forces of the Imperium on Taros it was discovered that the AX-1-0, as this new variant was codified by the Imperium, also retained its missile racks and drone controlled burst cannon. At the time of writing I have yet to see the experimental rules for the new Tiger Shark AX-1-0, but my Blood Reavers Space Marines have just put in a requisition for a Whirlwind Hyperios.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/rgts.htm

New Tallarn Rough Riders, but no horses to be seen!
Some Tallarn regiment?s Rough Rider squadrons ride large xeno-mounts, called Mukaali. These desert-dwelling herbivores are indigenous to the vast equatorial deserts of Goru-Prime. Many Mukaali have been transported to other desert worlds, including Tallarn itself, because of their superior evolutionary advantages in dry desert conditions when compared to horses. A Mukaali?s main advantage over a horse is its exceptional endurance and load bearing ability. These three new Tallarn Mukaali Rough Rider models make a great alternative to the more usual horse mounted Imperial Guard. You?ll be able to find more background and history on the Tallarn?s use of Mukaali in ?Imperial Armour Volume 3: The Taros Campaign? later this summer.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/tmrrnl.htm
?
And there?s more?
We have a few more smaller new models that are also available to pre-order from today. Firstly we have a great little pack of Epic 40,000 scale Ork Battlewagons. I really like the tiny gunners and the twin-linked Big Shootas on each side of the Battlewagon. Next is the BFG Courier which is used by the Tau to transport equipment and supplies within their Empire. Lastly we have a Space Marine Whirlwind Minefield Marker. Covered in mines, these markers are the exact same size as the Ordnance Templates used by the Whirlwind when firing Castellan missiles and could be handy when you want to lay down several minefields across the battlefield.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/various.htm

Final call for Vienna and Baltimore!
This Sunday, Shep and I will be in Vienna representing Forge World at the Vienna Gaming Day being organised and run by Games Workshop Germany. We are taking a display cabinet full of painted models to display and have sent over a large pile of our models that will be on sale all day. I?m hardly back in Nottingham before I scream back over to the USA again, this time for Games Day Baltimore. I won?t be alone though; Tony and Warwick are coming along to talk about and show off sections from the forthcoming ?Imperial Armour Volume 3: The Taros Campaign?. Tony will of course be hosting one of his very popular (and funny) Forge World Seminars again this year so try not to miss that if you can. Dean, Tris and I will be meeting up with Steve and John, two of our US Outriders, and together we will be running a huge Forge World sales stand. If you want a little bit more information on either of these events you can find links from the Forge World events page and we look forward to seeing lots of you there.

All available to pre-order right now?
Shas?o R?myr, the Tiger Shark AX-1-0, Tallarn Mukaali Rough Riders and all the other new models we have shown you today are available to pre-order on the Forge World online store right now. All the models are released from the 30th of May and orders will be sent out in the same order that we receive them.

Forge World
Willow Road
Lenton Lane
Nottingham, ?NG7 2WS

Phone: 0115 916 8177
Fax: 0115 916 8044
Web site: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk
E-mail: forgeworld@games-workshop
.co.uk

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

and for those who can't be bothered to click...

Almost Always Right...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Whew, good old FW sure deliver! I liked those Tallarn horsies, and the battlesuit is great; not to mention the TShark. But those battlewagons are incredible, and that Tau transporter might just make me buy a Tau army... :D

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mmmmh.... Battlewagons... :D :D :D  Me likes!

Cheers! :)

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Here I go off to buy some.... :;):

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fantastic stuff, well done FW.... :;):

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is it just me, or do those battlewagons seem pretty 'big'?

Im mainly looking at them from the point of view of E:A, but would they class as Battlefortresses? At ?5 each they seem pricey for anything else, and they look like they might be big enough? Very nice figs too...

That Battlesuit character does look appealing...and I dont even play Tau! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes !!   I'm going to buy'm and use'm as Battle Forts.  But I'll have to see'm next to my other Orkses !  :D  I'm going to wait and see if F/W releases any other Epic stuff in the coming months and then make a bigger order to save on postage.  May have to get a few more F/W Tau to round out my forces, too !  Plus I'm ordering all the new E:A Eldar soon too !
:;):  I'm going to have to stop eating to afford all this ... :o  :{

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Yes, they do seem big. L4 you read my mind!

I want them for battle forts as well. :D

I usually wait for several more things to be released before ordering, but we'll see. :;):

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Hmm nice models! Hopefully someone can post a size comparison with other battlefortress models at some stage.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, "P" ... you and I do think alike on occasion ! :;): ?I was looking over the E:A rules again. Battlewagonz, Gunwagonz, Battle Fortressez, Gun Forts ... did I miss any ? ??? ? :;): ?Trying to keep it simple ...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

They'd also make good command type vehicles too.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I think we're just going have Battlewagons = APCs (the original SM1 plastic, wheeled B/Ws and E:A B/Ws), Guntruks = Tanks, and all the big stuff (ie. Giblet Grinders, Skullhammers, etc.)  = Battlefortressez ! :;):  I guess !  ??? B/Ws carry 2 stands, Gun/T - 1, B/Forts - 4. I may have to think about this ... again trying to keep it simple ... ???

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I suppose your no closer today than 2 years back in writing up those rules of yours.. eh? :;):

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A little but not much ... we do like the E:A unit stats, so we may generally use those and double ranges. So there be 2 ranges. The basic one on the stat line and then a longer range, for most weapons (not infantry though, small arms stay 15cm only heavy weapons have 2 ranges).  We will probably retain the SM1 speeds for the most part.  Have been reading the E:A rules and brainstorming how to meld the good ones into our modified SM1 + SM2/E40K hybrid system ...  So I guess we are a little closer ...   :D

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

well, IIRC (but it's easy to check), the FW "battlewagon" for Wh40K is a warengine and use structure point; given that it's the same model, i think that it's just a terminology difference between SG and FW. We can safely assume that those are meant tio be used as battlefortress in Epic.

Athmos