Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

WORLD Championship. 2019. Glasgow, Scotland. 21/9/19

Post subject: Re: WORLD Championship. 2019. Glasgow, Scotland. 21/9/19
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I couldn't make a netea list work with what nids I have painted :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I vote we re-roll the teams and have 'Team Matt' vs the world event.
4 Mat(t)hews vs the rest of you casual-named normals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:10 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'm specifically crossing an ocean to get away from Team Matt and they still outnumber me on my own team.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:22 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Tournament organisers, please can you confirm if WEs count as 1 model or count as DC for locking units inside transports?
(I.e., EUK tournament ruling vs RAW)

With a lot of WE transports in the lists and plenty of other WEs and Thawks this may be a significant difference between meta rule interpretations.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What EUK tournament ruling? RAW and common sense both say counts as 1 model

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RAW is DC = number of models for engagement, otherwise only two stands could get in cc with a warlord and vice versa.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:37 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Not quite. 3.3.1 only makes a distinction of WE's barging twice their starting DC, and being base contacted by twice their starting DC. Beyond that it counts as one unit.

So six Warlords could base-to-base a Gorgon, max. And if you wanted to keep those pesky guardsmen in the Gorgon you would need to base-to-base it with all those six Warlords.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To clarify, a war engine counts as its DC for locking in.
So, for example, a Gorgon, with DC3, requires six units to be in base contact to lock the transported units inside.

Note, six units to lock. So for example if two warhound titans assaulted and base contacted the gorgon, the units would not be locked in.

Also, note that we have adopted WITHIN 5cm for units dismounting (and not WHOLLY WITHIN).

There's quite a lengthy post dealing with this in the Epic rules section. But for clarity 2 times DC to force units to be trapped inside.

If a unit is able to dismount, it can do so in any direction (dismounting is not a counter charge), BUT if it enters a ZOC it must seek base contact. - e.g. a rhino is base contacted by a defiler, the tactical marines (2) in the rhino wish to get out. As the defiler is only one unit, and the rhinos DC*2 =2, they can do so.
The marines must dismount within 5cm of the rhino. The first marine must make base contact with the defiler (it has a ZOC as only in base contact with one unit, the rhino). The second marine can dismount within 5cm of the rhino in any direction.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:46 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

This

Dan 1314 wrote:
To clarify, a war engine counts as its DC for locking in.

and this

Quote:
So for example if two warhound titans assaulted and base contacted the gorgon, the units would not be locked in.

Seem to be at odds with one another. Unless the "war engine" from the first part is the Gorgon, and not the Warhound.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think everyone is in agreement but due to confusion over whether they are refering to the defending WE transport or the attacking WE they think there is disagreement.

For clarity you need e.g. 6 warlord titans to enter base contact with and trap units inside a DC3 gorgon. I dont think anyone disagrees with that. I remember someone saying they used a single warlock titan to base contact two gorgons and trap all units inside both but that is not what the rules say or intend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes I think Dan means "counts as DC for locking [units] in [it]" (i.e. two warhound units is not enough to lock a gorgon).

There are really several parts to the rule that could be ruled on separately:
a) how many units a WE counts as for locking units inside transports
b) how many units a WE transport counts as for locking units inside it
d) how many units a WE counts as for the number of units that can base it
e) how many units a WE counts towards the maximum number of units that can base another unit
f) how many units a WE counts towards removing the ZoC of another WE
Some of which are explicit in the rules or FAQ, others not.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:22 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Thank you dan for the response.
(Dave, read that same was as you, but agree the WE in question is the gorgon in that first part, not the hound.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi folks,

For your viewing pleasure, HERE'S THE DOCUMENT EXPLAINING THE TOURNAMENT SET-UP

Attachment:
EWC_rules_v5.pdf [1.05 MiB]
Downloaded 212 times

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quick report from me

Round one - Germany (Sascha's orks)

This was a cagey game, his planes gave me a lot of trouble and I was worried about his air assaults, he wisely avoided my night spinners with his kults of speed and did a lot of surprisingly effective shooting early doors, I was feeling on the back foot And committed my air assets, I managed to destroy his BTS, a KoS and blitz brigade, but it left me vulnerable to his air assaults, fortunately for me, he chose to land and shoot with his landa mob in a crossfire, I think an air assault would have been more effective, in the end, a lone zap wagon finished off my supcom and we counted points, ending with a flat draw

Round two - Scotland (Steve's Biel-Tan)

Another super cagey game, Steve's void spinners kept eroding my formations from his baseline while his own stuff stayed frustratingly out of reach of my own artillery, in the end it came to a head when his warlock barraged my BTS, killing 5 of the 7 stands, fortunately my avatar saw off his swooping hawks and one of my wraithguard formations secured my blitz, my falcons then took the opportunity to crossfire his warlock, doing two crits and destroying the holofields, he ran it back to his corner and rather than me remembering objectives were a thing, I went after the stricken titan with my other wraithguard, this left him with the simple task of snatching an objective with some marching jetbikes and turning a probable draw into a 2-0 win for him.... Fun cagey game nonetheless, and finally a chance to actually play Steve who is usually on the top table away from riff raff like me....

Round three - Sweden (Marcus's World Eaters)

This was not the most fun experience I have ever had, and it is nothing to do with Marcus who was a pleasure to play throughout, it was a combination of several things:

1. The table was quite open, with lots of fire lanes
2. Marcus had 4 formations of cannon of khorne
3. I placed my objectives close to the centre line of the table, meaning said cannons could hit my baseline from the get-go
4. I had some of the worst dice in living memory...

My barrage hit one of his retinues squarely and killed a single stand, both my air assaults bounced after causing minimal casualties, and I was generally outplayed throughout, and my dice took care of any good moves I pulled out.... It ended 3-0 in the end as I managed to keep my BTS alive and rally a broken formation in his half, but the final scoreline really doesn't reflect the utter beating I took....

Despite my best efforts to sabotage my team, Tim, Dave and Mike had all turned out consistently stellar performances and we found ourselves top of the group overnight, we would be facing the poles in the morning for the finals....

Round Four - Poland (Maciek's Codex Marines)

This game was a complete reversal of my experience against the world eaters.... I could seemingly do very little wrong, it started when my night spinners hit a garrisoned formation of Devs with dreadnoughts, they killed a statistically improbable 3 stands, and left them with five blast markers, the Devs then decided to Marshall and move, however one of the dreads blew itself up moving out of the wood they were hiding in and broke the formation. Next Maciek air assaulted my mounted guardians, they were all mounted and he managed to lock all the troops in, barring one, which fortunately had the warlock in, he leapt out and promptly hacked down two stands of terminators while the wave serpents critted the thunderhawk, then to add insult to injury, the two guardians bailing out of the single destroyed wave serpent both rolled 6's for their saves, the chaplain was later finished off by some wraithguard, later in the game, Maciek's land raiders managed 5 hits on my falcons who rolled 5,5,5,6,6 for their saves, then with support from the BTS who had just chopped the legs off the warhound, wiped the land raiders out, while the second air assault formation made short work of the tactical BTS, I ended up with a 4-0 win, purely because of my dice... To his credit Maciek was smiling the entire time and took it with good grace

This win and Mike getting a similar win versus the steel legion meant that we would be facing off against Scotland in the final who had roundly defeated the England South team in their semi final

Round five - Scotland (John's Ferals)

I drew the other Cole brother for this match, and frankly was expecting a rout, seven largely unbreakable macro AA shots terrified me, and I figured taking the battle to him was not going to be good for me, so I hung back.... John decided to place an objective almost centre-table and I immediately grabbed it to be my portal, which threw John into a loop of fear, he spent much of the game with a Dino on overwatch sitting outside engage range.... I decided that I would pinpoint with my spaceship as there were so many war engine targets around, I hit a steam gargant and rolled a lucky 3 hits, which caused a crit and blew it up! The gargant exploded and damaged the next one in line, which also critted and exploded..... This, combined with the portal resigned John to playing for the draw, my night spinners spent 4 turns blasting his small formations to smithereens and my falcons zipped out wide to threaten his flank and BTS, with some good engagements I managed to keep him away from my Blitz, and though a vampire strafed his steam gargant and critted it to give me BTS, John Finally parked a Dino on my portal (3 turns too late) and denied my own objectives, the kill ratio was hugely in my favour (for 2 stands of wraithguard and a falcon formation, I had killed two of his Dino mobs, all of his squig catapult mobs, most of his boarboyz, his steam gargants, warboss and got a third dinosaur down to 2 wounds) so I claimed a winning draw, John was an absolute pleasure to play, smiling and joking the whole time and it was easily my favourite game of the tournament, which was full of great games, win lose or draw

So then thanks to Tim and Dave also drawing their games, It all came down to Mike Vs Dan to decide our fate, and Dan continued his losing streak against Mike with a very narrow 2-0 loss which meant England North just edged it, claiming the trophy and title of World Champions!

I'd like to thank Dan, Steve, and John for organising and being such gracious hosts, Gerry for ferrying carloads of people around and being a complete gent, Tim, Mike and Dave for carrying me, and never complaining once, and Sascha, Steve, Marcus, Maciek and John for 5 of the most memorable and entertaining games of epic I have had the good fortune to play!!

Thanks also to Dave, Liddic and Jon for making the effort and coming over from the USA, and a special Mention to Norto for making the trip from Australia, and being such a top bloke, you guys really made it a global event and I think we're all the richer for your commitment to this game we all love!!

And finally very special thanks to Anna from team Poland who took 1500+ photos over the weekend, that is serious commitment and we are all so grateful that her efforts let us focus on playing without worrying anything would be missed!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you for all the good games guys and the venue was top notch. (It is unlikely that we will be able to beat it)

It was all great fun and it is always fun to meet up the rest of the Epic community. It was especially fun to be able to finally put some faces on the more far away members of it.

kyussinchains wrote:
Quick report from me

Round three - Sweden (Marcus's World Eaters)

This was not the most fun experience I have ever had, and it is nothing to do with Marcus who was a pleasure to play throughout, it was a combination of several things:

1. The table was quite open, with lots of fire lanes
2. Marcus had 4 formations of cannon of khorne
3. I placed my objectives close to the centre line of the table, meaning said cannons could hit my baseline from the get-go
4. I had some of the worst dice in living memory...

My barrage hit one of his retinues squarely and killed a single stand, both my air assaults bounced after causing minimal casualties, and I was generally outplayed throughout, and my dice took care of any good moves I pulled out.... It ended 3-0 in the end as I managed to keep my BTS alive and rally a broken formation in his half, but the final scoreline really doesn't reflect the utter beating I took....

Despite my best efforts to sabotage my team, Tim, Dave and Mike had all turned out consistently stellar performances and we found ourselves top of the group overnight, we would be facing the poles in the morning for the finals....

It really was awful for Simon with absolutely atrocious dice. Even though the dice hated him (and loved my armour saves) he was a champ through and through and bore it splendidly, neither slowing down nor even getting the mood down in the game. Truly a professional tournament player.

//Marcus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next