Login |  Register |  FAQ

Titan Legion Painting Log, it begins!

Post subject: Titan Legion Painting Log, it begins!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Titan Legion Painting Log, it begins!

I did a very rare bit of painting recently to get a 3rd Warlord 3 colours legal for my Britcon tournament list. There'll be many dozens of hours work to go on it still but it's a start. Mine is an equal opportunity titan legion, open to titans of any size (for the moment till I get the truescale ones done).

Attachment:
IMG_20170812_143626-1169x1039-1110x987-972x864.jpg
IMG_20170812_143626-1169x1039-1110x987-972x864.jpg [ 185.55 KiB | Viewed 3286 times ]

I'd like to keep at the painting and gradually get the legion done over the rest of the year. I'm busy and a very slow painter but there are only 4 models in the 3k list and it'd be great to get them done.

I'm trying to think of ideas for how to model the battle titan AA weapon from the Epic-UK list. Stat wise it's identical to a Hydra turret and it's carapace only and can rotate and fire all round rather than having the usual arcs. I don't want to just stick a Hydra turret on there as it'd look naff and the AM use better more high tech weaponry. My best idea so far is to use the gun from a FW AM Myrmidon Destructor (the model is on a 40mm base to get an idea is scale). Will this look good and fit in aesthetically on top of 'truescale' Reavers and Warlords? Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Titan Legion Painting Log, it begins!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:39 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The scale-creep makes me laugh. 30 years ago we have Titans closer to 3mm than 6, then we got stuff a little bigger but not quite 6 and now we have stuff that looks more 8mm.

What about using these for AA?

https://hlsmodels.com/collections/exodu ... ag-battery

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

They look serviceable to me. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 am 
Hey! I made those!

But only because Tom Webb and Christian Salling told me to. And showed me how.

They also moved my hands for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

not to cock up this soon to be awesome painting thread, but always loved that weapon system Todd. I even put three on some hydra chassis. Really wished you'd of made that Phalanx CIWS attachment for the Monocerus you teased.

Glyn,

that's those new not-lucius titans, right? that thing is intimidating!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
The scale-creep makes me laugh. 30 years ago we have Titans closer to 3mm than 6, then we got stuff a little bigger but not quite 6 and now we have stuff that looks more 8mm.

What about using these for AA?

I think the model is just regular 6mm just big. There are doors on the model scaled apropriately for 6mm models. The size increase does look rather comical seeing them both side by side I agree :) It's probably not as much of a relative increase as between the original boxy Thunderhawk and the FW model though (a side by side comparison on them would be even more comical!).

Thanks, ah yes, I remember that turret. Hmm it's a good generic AA turret, but it looks a bit more guard like tech than AM tech to me, not quite what I'm looking for.

jimmyzimms wrote:
that's those new not-lucius titans, right? that thing is intimidating!

Yep, mostly. It's the Nuclear Shrimp model from Cyprus. I didn't like the look of the weapons or the head so I swapped them with those from different truescale titan models I have. It's still a bit WIP - when I finish cleaning the excess metal off the plasma canister bits they're going to added on top of the carapce plus I need to sort of some smaller defence turrets for it as again I don't like the look of the ones that came with it. I'll probably trade the ones that came with it away at some point if anyone wants them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Virtually no new painting (I’ve been distracted cleaning up and building some tyranids) but I played a game at home this evening for the first time in several years, which was nice :)

Here’s some photos. I lost both my Reavers in the first half (one to a reactor meltdown) and was left with just two activations left – two joint BTS Warlords on the Blitz objective on either side of the table. The sheer weight of orky support fire eventually took its toll and took out the Warlord on the last activation of turn 4 making it a 3-0 victory to Darren. Fun game!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No new painting but I'm thinking of switching back to working on the titans again soon. It'd be nice to finish up getting the first of the Mars Warlords put together.

Ryan (old timers on the forum might remember him posting as Man of Kent on the forums years ago) came over for dinner last night and tried to persuade me to let him paint up one of my truescale Warlords, but I want to keep that for myself.

There's some nice new titan artwork that's inspiring me a bit (I'd love to see a truescale epic model of that Imperator):

We've seen it before from a different angle and I guess the model will be mostly what the eventual Adeptus Titanicus Imperator will look when/if they make one (though it'll likely be too big for us 6mm truescale collectors to use).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I'd love to see a truescale epic model of that Imperator

Rumble.