Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next

Malika's workshop (models for Vanguard Miniatures)

Post subject: Re: Malika's workshop (models for Vanguard Miniatures)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Seeing Traitor Novans using German alike stuff would be nice, though I would like any traitorish/chaos things to be easily removable. I mean spikes and stuff, so i can cut them and transfor the vehicle into it untraitor form.

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Guys as a company i'm trying to lay the ground work for a complete proxy range there's no point me covering some models and not others just because similar designs are available elsewhere. The look/style of my models must be recognisable as "meant to be" this or that without actually being this or that so similar but not copies. My interest is in the 40k universe hence my desire to create 40k style models i'm not saying i'll never branch out to do other things but at present i've got more than enough holes in my various ranges to keep us going for years. I really want to create as complete a proxy range as possible for all races once this has been achieved we could branch out to new ventures.

Another thing to note is that the new models being created are driven by sales of the most popular miniatures in my range, winter troops, novan elites and skinnerz are my best sellers so i'm looking at filling out these armies to provide as extensive a range of models as possible. The cybershadows are a strong second for sales with obviously my very small eloi range way down the charts these two factions will start to see more new models this coming year as well as a few as yet uncreated factions.

Time and money chaps are the issues i'd love to bring out a bunch of new stuff every month but there's only so many resources to go around so we have to provide a steady trickle instead.

As for more WWII inspired designs well that is possible but can you proove to me that there is a customer base big enough to support such a range it's not really viable to create a range of models for a few customers. I do like the idea of doing some walker tanks and i've got a few WWII inspired adaptions of my truck to do so there's that.

Anyway just thought i'd give you my perspective on what i'm doing and need to do here there's so many things to get done and so many other directions I could go but again it's all about time and money i'm a one man company in a niche market there's only so much I can accomplish from where I stand at present. Branching out into larger scales would generate a greater turn over which would allow me to speed things up this is something i've considered hence my question about the 15mm onslaught range which is seeing expansion as we speak. This is an option which needs serious consideration as a means of growing the company but will obviously divert resources away from the 6mm side of things for a period.

Thanks for your interest and input it's always useful to receive feedback and suggestions from the community so please do keep that up.

Regards john

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for explanation. I understand that it wont be worth it to make a model just for a few customers. Unfortunately everything is about the money. Although this place is to discuss about new designs and inspirations so it is great that you can have contact with customers.
There is also another thing. I know you want an all proxy tange so vehicles have to look eecognizable, but maybe sometimes it would be nice to great something different. But it all depends on the money :/

I am looking forward to seeing new desings in your range and I hope you will be able to acomplish your goal.

"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know money and sells. But when you are the one that make 40k inspired anglo british designs. When you see 6mm or 15mm WW2 games (GHQ, FOW), most of the miniatures are Germans and i think the manufacturer make the most money with germans. The only manufacturer is age of tyrants that make infantry but no tanks. It is like the chicken and egg problem. No german designs, no sellers.

I prefer in not inspired designs like plasmablast. The Leman Russ and proxys or very inspired other designs are not for me in high demand for me. Marhaf Legion Tanks are very fresh designs and locking more scifi for me. Spike and co for germans are okay, but why not make the designs more smooth?

I know i write from my angle. But that are wishes from me and i think you can love it or hate it. But Suggestions in this thread are welcome and not to write that what the most guys write

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mictator wrote:
The Leman Russ and proxys or very inspired other designs are not for me in high demand for me. Marhaf Legion Tanks are very fresh designs and locking more scifi for me. Spike and co for germans are okay, but why not make the designs more smooth?

Well, with respect, rather than complaining that no one else is doing it why don't you download some basic 3D design software and make some concepts happen?

It's not that hard to do and there are a few very good free programs out there.

If you are right, and they're cool enough, then I'm sure you could get a manufacturer interested in making them a reality.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Time and Skill is the problem. It is not so easy for me to make it self. When i can make it self, i dont need this thread and can make all the Designs for myself. Time is the other problem. My work consumed 90% of all my time.

When Vanguard didn't make it, that is no problem for me and i buy time for time his works too. When he sell it many customers, applause.

To make it easy, the Designs are nice but not thrilling for me. No problem he make it very good and in two-five years is another manufacturer who make it. In 6mm is patience the best companion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sayrewolf wrote:
pati wrote:
Handsome tank, it's a shame that only 35255+ other count as russ minis are available in the market these days.. Altough a lot of stuff is missing /doesn't exist, there are "popular" concepts, covered by many manufacturers.. Still, a nice one.

Bet you can't find five decent examples. Variants of the same thing don't count.

I don't know if five can be found, but nobody would need them anyway as long as trollz are available.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My awful english. I want to write in two -five years make another manufacturer ww2 german scifi. Not that the people think another troll is here too.

I see good designs here and hope that is more 6mm on the way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

For my part I thought trollz received a C and D from GW to stop selling copies of their models so I can't understand how they are still openly selling the stuff it's all over facebook and they seem to be adding new stuff regularly.

So what's going on there can I get away with creating and selling IP protected designs, if they can why not anyone else.

Have GW given up pursueing IP infringing companies?

Anyway i'll be continuing to create and produce new designs for my range and hope to still be around to serve the community for years to come. I have loads of plans for the coming year it just remains to be seen how many of them I can afford to fund.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lord-bruno wrote:
I don't know if five can be found, but nobody would need them anyway as long as trollz are available.

mictator wrote:
Not that the people think another troll is here too

When he said "trollz" he meant Czech shop Trolls under the bridge, where you can buy 6mm Leman Russes, not a person with bad behaviour ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's been a long time since I was involved professionally with IP but GW need to maintain a presence in the market to actively defend against any potential infringement. Although they could argue that their core business is adequate to provide this. They also need to argue that any potential infringement is detrimental to their business (this includes any significant loss to market share and confusion with potential buyers).

The Epic proxies market is niche and compared to GW's core business significantly small not to have any impact on market share. Any customers will be actively looking for proxies and will therefore be taking an informed choice to buy so there will unlikely be any confusion between branding and originator of design.

That being said Trollz will need to tread carefully if they continue to expand on further GW designs.

VG miniatures are "inspired by" and this is what I prefer as this leads to potential growth in miniatures not the years of stagnation we had while GW was active with its Epic ranges.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah. Okay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

McJakub wrote:
Seeing Traitor Novans using German alike stuff would be nice, though I would like any traitorish/chaos things to be easily removable. I mean spikes and stuff, so i can cut them and transfor the vehicle into it untraitor form.

That's kind of the plan. :) I was working on some Traitor versions of the Novan Regulars' vehicles, but they don't feel fully right to me anymore. I will probably crawl back to the drawing table to redo those and then design some new ones that are more influenced by WWII German designs, which is kinda the vibe I always got from that traitor army that worships that god of war, something with a pact of blood or something?

mictator wrote:
I'm a little bit disappointed from the Designs from the most manufacturers here in the forum. I know many guys here from the country who are want the anglo-british designs. Their are all looking very WW1 british tanks. A Leman Russ or proxies to buy is no problem to buy and not on high demand for me.

Hmm, fair enough. However, the Apocalypse tank I designed was more influenced by Soviet design rather than WWII British tanks. There will be a light tank added to the range as well, will probably look more at Soviet tanks for that one as well.

mictator wrote:
Aircraft, why not Focke Wulf, Messerschmitt etc.

It's funny you should mention German WWII aircraft. I've been wanting to do some more variants for the Skinnerz' aircraft based on German WII fighters/bombers. As for the Novan Regulars' fighters, they are indeed more British based. My aircraft designs for the Novans will be a lot blockier, more akin to the Javelin fighter I've already done.

McJakub wrote:
I know your feeling. I also really like German designs and would love to see dieselpunkish German vehicles. There are a lot of great concept arts and endless possibilties.

One little dream I have is to do a range of walker tanks, but for the Novans as well as their traitor counterparts. They'd be very much influenced by the walker tanks from games like DUST and Gear Krieg, but of course maintaining part of the aesthetic I've already included in my tanks for the Novans.

McJakub wrote:
Thanks for explanation. I understand that it wont be worth it to make a model just for a few customers. Unfortunately everything is about the money.

The financial part is sadly enough something we can't live without. If models don't sell enough they'd be too expensive to produce. The company would then run at a loss which would prevent other stuff from being made. There are of course grey areas in this, but the 6mm market isn't that big, so you're somewhat limited in what you can do. Unless we all manage to greatly expand the 6mm gaming community of course...

McJakub wrote:
Although this place is to discuss about new designs and inspirations so it is great that you can have contact with customers.

That's why we're sharing our work in progress in places like this. :)

McJakub wrote:
There is also another thing. I know you want an all proxy range so vehicles have to look recognizable, but maybe sometimes it would be nice to great something different.

There are some plans and ideas to expand, but it is of course a big risk to take, especially in a market that's already quite niche. So any new ventures are determined by how well/bad the previous stuff has been doing, yay...capitalism!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bitsblitz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

malika2 wrote:
mictator wrote:
I'm a little bit disappointed from the Designs from the most manufacturers here in the forum. I know many guys here from the country who are want the anglo-british designs. Their are all looking very WW1 british tanks. A Leman Russ or proxies to buy is no problem to buy and not on high demand for me.

Hmm, fair enough. However, the Apocalypse tank I designed was more influenced by Soviet design rather than WWII British tanks. There will be a light tank added to the range as well, will probably look more at Soviet tanks for that one as well.

He was probably thinking about the existing models like Churchillians and Spitfire, totally not inspierd by Brits ;D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh they are definitely inspired by the Brits, and the naming convention of most of the Novans range is based on British military vehicles. I do like to include a few Soviet influences in there, for starters a light tank to support the Apocalypse Tank and after that more stuff, especially if Vanguard Miniatures will also expand beyond purely proxies for existing units.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bitsblitz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next