Login |  Register |  FAQ

"Iron within" Vs "Wind beneath my Wings"!

Post subject: "Iron within" Vs "Wind beneath my Wings"!
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Iron Warriors throw down against Siam Hann!
Caz and I actually had these game a few weeks ago but I have only just got around to getting it typed up. This batrep was done to assist PFE100 with the Siam Hann list.

IRON WARRIORS
1. Defiler Assault Pack - 425
2. Defiler Assault Pack - 425
3. Decimator - 225
4. Artillery Battery - 375
Stalker
5. Dreadnaught - 250
Dread Claw
6. Iron Warrior Company - 440
4x rhinos,
Warsmith (suppcom)
stalker
7. Obliterator Cult - 350
8. Chosen -125
9. Helltalon Bombers - 225
10. Devastation Class Cruiser - 150 points

SIAM HANN
1. Wild Rider Clan- 425
Farseer, Chieftain, +3 bikes, 2 x Vyper
2. Wild Rider Clan- 275
Farseer, 2 x Vyper
3. Shinning Spears 1- 350
2 x Exarchs
4. Shinning Spears 2- 325
1 x Exarch
5. Swords of Vaul- 250
3 Falcons, 2 Fire Storms
6. Swords of Vaul- 250
3 Falcons, 2 Fire Storms
7. Scorpion-250
8. Avatar- 0
9. Phoenix Bombers- 325
10. Vampire Hunter 1- 275
11. Vampire Hunter 2- 275

Turn 1
SH win Strat roll
SH- Scorpion doubles forward firing on the basilisks destroying 2 and breaking the formation.
SH- Vampire Hunter 1 retains attacking Defilers 1 killing two for 3 BM.
IW- Activate their space ship and destroy a firestorm from Swords of Vaul 2 and a shinning spear for Shinning spear 1 with the orbital bombardment and do 1 DC damage to the scorpion with the pin point attack. The IW dreads drop pod towards the centre of the table on the right flank of the IW lines.
SH- Vampire Hunter 2 attacks Defilers 2 destroying 2 of them for 3 BM.
IW- Chosen double forward towards the centre of the table.
SH- Small wild rider clan doubles forward and fire on Defilers 1 with a Vyper and breaks the formation.
IW- Defiler 2 marshal which clears their 3 BM.
SH- Sword of Vaul 2 marshal moving forward and clear their 2 BM.
SH- Phoenix Bombers retain launching an attack on the dreadies for 2 BM.
IW- Obliterators advance and fire on the small wild rider clan killing two jet bikes for 3 BM. The Vypers absorbed many of the hits on their 4+ Sv and or Inv Sav.
IW- Dreadies retain sustaining on the small wild riders and manage to completely miss everything for 1 BM.
SH- Shinning Spear 2 marshal and move up clearing their 2 BM.
IW- The SC retinue advances
SH- large Wild Riders double forward
IW- Helltalons attack the Sword of Vaul 2, after weaving their way through the flack for 1 BM they managed to kill a falcon for 2 BM.
SH- Swords of Vaul 1 double forward shooting the dreads in a crossfire which breaks the formation.
Flyers
Both Vampire Hunters fly off the IW board edge for 1 BM each. The phoenix Bombers take their chances flying over the obliterators who promptly shoot one of them down for 2 BM. The Hell talons fly off over enemy lines and take another BM.
Rally
Small Wild riders rally with SC re-roll, Basilisks pass with SC re-roll, Defiler 1 fail, Dreadies pass. Scorpion pass

Turn 2
IW win strat roll
IW- Defiler 2 single move and fire at scorpion scoring 2 hits doing 1 DC for 2 BM which breaks the war engine which falls back.
IW- Chosen retain advancing firing on the small Wild rider clan only managing one hit which was saved. IW player is now waving arms around gesturing.
SH- Shinning Spears 2 engage the chosen calling intermingled with the obliterators and Defilers 1. IW score 1 hit which is saved, SH score 6 of which 5 saves were made by the chosen! SH win by 6 which wipes out the chosen and breaks the obliterators, and the defilers remain broken.
IW- Decimator advances and shoots at Shinning Spears 2 killing a stand with the macro shot for 2 BM.
SH- Vampire Hunter 1- fails to activate.
IW- Basilisks sustain on scorp kills doing a BM due to being broken which finishes off the eldar super heavy.
SH- Vampire Hunter 2- Fails to activate, SC reroll…failed!
IW- Dreads sustain on Swords of Vaul 1 however fail to hit any of the frail eldar vehicles.
SH- Phoenix Bombers activate and attack Defiler 2 scoring 3 normal hits which are all saved by the inv sav! 1 BM.
IW- Talons fail to activate
SH- small Wild rider double and fire on the Basilisks
IW- The SC retinue advances and fires on the small wild rider units scoring four hits. The two vipers were the only units in range and shrugged of all four hits for 1 BM!
SH- Swords of Vaul 1 fail to activate but fire on the dreads hitting twice and killing both to break the formation.
SH-Large Wild rider formation doubles forward shooting at the basilisks to break them with weight of BMs.
SH- Shinning spears 1 move engage Defiler 2 with support from the large wild rider formation killing 3 for no return damage and breaking the defilers.
SH- Swords of Vaul 2 double up and shoot at the decimator putting 1 BM on it.
Rally
Obliterators, Defilers 1, Dreads and Basilisks all pass while the Defiler 1 and the Decimator both Fail.
Shinning Spears 1 and 2 as well as Swords of Vaul 2 all pass while Swords of Vaul 1 and Small wild riders both fail.

Turn 3
The Avatar pops in ready to have a cup of tea with the obliterators
SH win strategy roll.
SH-Avatar charges the oblitators destroying one of them for no wounds back. Avatar wins the roll of breaking the obliterators who flee across the table half.
SH- Shinning Spears 2 retain launching an clipping engagement with the Avatar in fire support on the Retinue with the Defiler 1and the basilisks intermingled. The aspects score 5 hits killing 3, only the defilers in range manage 2 hits back which both are saved. Eldar win the roll off by 1 breaking all 3 IW formations.
SH- Large Wild riders retain again engaging the decimator scoring 8 hits which only one gets through the armour but crits destroying the Decimator. The decimator scored 1 hit which was saved with the inv sav.
IW- Dreads sustain on the small wild rider formation killing 1 and breaking the formation.
SH- Phoenix bombers go onto CAP.
IW- Talons engage swords of Vaul 2, CAP from the Phoenix bombers fails to shoot down any air craft however the surviving fire storm from SV2 kills one. The remaining bomber fails to kill any of the falcons.
SH- Swords of Vaul 2 move to control the IW blitz.
SH- Shinning spears 1 move back to control centre objectives.
SH- Swords of Vaul 1 marshal.
SH- Vampire Hunter 1 attacks obliterators killing 1.
SH- Vampire Hunter 2 attacks the remaining Obliterator killing the last one and deny the IW the chance to cross the table half.
After Rally
Siam Hann win 4-0

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: "Iron within" Vs "Wind beneath my Wings"!
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some of the pictures are a bit grainy... sorry about that.
But all in all the Siam Hann played are a strong list. We noted that the wild rider formations were very resilainat however their was some very lucky above average rolls which saw both wild rider formations shrugging hits. We will continue to keep an eye on this over coming games. The combination of 3 heavy hitting air formations with the mobile Siam Hann ground force is a powerful combination. I am not sure how the SH will go against large WE so I guess we will look at batreping that next time.

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:30 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for the report, this is one of the strongest versions of the list IMO.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:46 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Loving the batrep guys :)
Any other Iron Warrior game reports coming up? The list is pretty much ready for approval.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

One questionalways bothers me with the IW. Why is it few people take more than one Iron Warrior company? The lists always look like Defiler/Artillery armies. Is it just the Companies are naff or that there's just too much of everything else that's better?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:56 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Mic Fair wrote:
Some of the pictures are a bit grainy... sorry about that.
But all in all the Siam Hann played are a strong list. We noted that the wild rider formations were very resilainat however their was some very lucky above average rolls which saw both wild rider formations shrugging hits. We will continue to keep an eye on this over coming games. The combination of 3 heavy hitting air formations with the mobile Siam Hann ground force is a powerful combination. I am not sure how the SH will go against large WE so I guess we will look at batreping that next time.

Cheers

Mic

Excellent report! Both side were well played!

I can say that the SH does surprisingly well against large war engines. Got crushed against them using a reaver heavy war griffins list. Also tried the Ork Big Mob against them twice. The Gargants faired better as they are very engagement oriented but got horribly out maneuvered and herded around so it was still a bad loss by points, reguardless of having killed:dead being 2:1.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@Tim, the only thing this build was missing was scouts but othewise I agree that it's a strong build.

@Oynx, I am happy to give Caz a few more games to help test the iron warriors.

@Dobbsy, I agree that build seems pretty common. Although the IW list seems pretty diverse for choice so I am sure Caz will offer some different builds in our next game or two.

@Antension, thanks mate. Regarding SH taking on WE heavy lists I reckon your right. My thinking is that SH should be able to isolate and at least break WE fairly easily, but there is only one way to know for sure ;) I think shinning spears excel in the SH list and engaging WE and it would have to be considered as one of their primary functions.

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:36 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Mic Fair wrote:
@Antension, thanks mate. Regarding SH taking on WE heavy lists I reckon your right. My thinking is that SH should be able to isolate and at least break WE fairly easily, but there is only one way to know for sure ;) I think shinning spears excel in the SH list and engaging WE and it would have to be considered as one of their primary functions.
Mic

Yeah that's exactly what happened. The cheap scouts hamper progress denying objectives and/or seperating the war engines which are then easily broken and sometimes straight up destroyed with the spears. The falcon formations strip shields easily. The jetbikes can swing around and assault from angles that prevent Lazer burner or melta cannons from being used too. Soo painful!