Login |  Register |  FAQ

New DkoK Army List

Post subject: New DkoK Army List
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a question about Dkok.

Basically I’m building a model selection that would allow me to build either a Barran Siege Masters list or a Death Korps of Krieg list (as I feel the Industrial Infantry from Dark Realm Miniatures are perfect for either) and I am trying to come up with an effective DkoK list.

Barran are fine as there a few examples around for me to see what a popular / effective examples, but with the Krieg it’s not as straight forward (esp. with the recent update)

It seems that the current trend is more toward Rough Riders (which has an awesome Charge of the Light Brigade feel to it) but I wonder how effective it is? (or is it about as effective as the infamous said charge?)
Two ideas (using the models I have):-

WARLORD – 850
Infantry + Gorgons – 500
Infantry + Gorgons – 500
Rough Rider (Scouts) – 150
Heavy AA + Transports – 150
Heavy AA + Transports – 150
Infantry (Blitz Guard)– 300
Engineers (sneaky Blitz grab) – 250

OR

Marauders – 150
Marauders – 150
Marauders – 150
Thunderbolts - 150
Thunderbolts - 150
Thunderbolts - 150
Infantry + Gorgons (Mortar upgrade) – 500
Infantry + Gorgons (Mortar upgrade) – 500
Death Strike Bunker – 225
Engineer – 250
Rough Rider (Death Riders) - 275

(and on a slightly unrelated note, what are people using for their Gorgons? I have two of the old school Land Raiders, cutting them in half just behind the side hatch and literally sticking them together. The right shape but I am a bit worried they aren’t big enough…)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New DkoK Army List
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

scale is fungable already so don't sweat it too much on the model. This is even MORE true if you happen to be someone that bases vehicles as well. As long as it's not silly stupid small I doubt anyone is going to freak out.

Both of these models seem to fit the general feel of a gorgan (or at least an equivalent big heavy APC vibe) in such a way as to not destroy the immersion and modeling satisfaction.
http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/no ... -squadron/
http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/no ... -squadron/

The wellington also does well as a stand in for the Crassus assault transport incidentally. You may want to choose one of the two models above therefore and use them for either unit (when playing your collection as DKoK it is a Gorgon/Heavy Mech List it's a Crassus)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As to your lists I'll note that the 2n one has more than one BTS formation which puts you at a disadvantage somewhat for that VP. Now granted, killing an entire DKoK infantry formation isn't exactly easy either! ;D That much air power is cool but I'm not so sure you'll have the activations on the ground to capture enough but it's interesting. It might well catch an opponent off guard. Give it a whirl!

I'm fairly certain I've never seen a warlord in DKoK before but I'm sure you need at least another hard INF formation in there. Might work better at 4k I have the feeling you're going to be fighting to win (though with that I think you can easily/gamey play for a draw)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks!

I have seen those from Vanguard and have already been thinking about trying to get some (I went with the two land raider idea as I have a few spare from a mass ebay spree ;D )

The two lists are because I haven't seen any run with either, and every tactic I have read for dealing with titans is avoid the smaller and kill everything else... and as you say its not that easy to do to a DkoK Infantry Company! .... and I just like the idea of a GIANT killing machine with loads of 'not clones honest' soldiers pouring ahead of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah they're certainly not typical builds and therefore to be interesting to see what happens with them! :D Give them a whirl!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
It seems that the current trend is more toward Rough Riders (which has an awesome Charge of the Light Brigade feel to it) but I wonder how effective it is? (or is it about as effective as the infamous said charge?)

The Death Riders look fantastic and are terrific fun to use, but since it's also extremely fragile the usual army I build towards is a core of 2 large infantry formations and 1 Death Rider formation. That gives your army some resilience and takes the heat of the DR while they get into position for a charge.