Login |  Register |  FAQ

Konig Tank Regiment Imperial Guard Army List v1.3 [Fan-List]

Post subject: Konig Tank Regiment Imperial Guard Army List v1.3 [Fan-List]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is my very first attempt at creating an army list. Well, not actually "creating", but fusing together the UK Ulani list and Minerva, with a few touches, so kudos to the EpicUK team for their good work.

V1.4 is up !! Added LR Punisher and Wyvern, upped some point costs, and modified Baneblades, Basilisks and bombards with the official IG Update.

Here it goes:

Attachment:
Konig Armoured Reg 1.4.pdf [460.62 KiB]
Downloaded 539 times

Stats ... are Konig pattern so Conquerors are 25cm 5+ RA, Tank Hunters are AT2+ Sniper, Plasma cannons are Slow Fire, etc...

All comments welcome 8)

Updated with the cost and stats changes for Baneblade, Basilisks and Bombards!!!

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

Last edited by lord-bruno on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 am, edited 9 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Konig Tank Regiment Imperial Guard Army List
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That looks great!

A friend is a die hard tread-head, and always plays Ulani, but it always felt like he had a hand tied behind his back. I tried many times to help him come up with a good list out of it but always found it came out as a big static lump, rather than a blitzkrieg army.

Loving the conquerers in core, also love the idea of 6 strong hellhound formations ! However I think the other key improvement you have made is letting the supreme commander be an upgrade to any tank formation - this stops the SC always being the BTS (at least with out adding another even more humongous formation.) Along with the other cheaper formations above it should allow a higher activation army to work and let the army play in the more fluid afrika korps style that it always seemed it was aiming for.

One question - tank riders? The current Ulani ones are rubbish as far as we could tell (Always seemed better to spam griffin upgrades for 50pnts.) but some kind of infantry would be good. perhaps as an upgrade for the salamanders something like the 8th army and their Bren carriers ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Only wish we could test this list, but my friend has moved to the other end of the country now !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Always can vassal. Ping me for the updated modules.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks JZ - I'm about to move from the end of the earth to the middle of nowhere; to a new area where no one plays epic - I might just do that ! :-) Need to get my life in order first though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Blip wrote:
That looks great!

A friend is a die hard tread-head, and always plays Ulani, but it always felt like he had a hand tied behind his back. I tried many times to help him come up with a good list out of it but always found it came out as a big static lump, rather than a blitzkrieg army.

Loving the conquerers in core, also love the idea of 6 strong hellhound formations ! However I think the other key improvement you have made is letting the supreme commander be an upgrade to any tank formation - this stops the SC always being the BTS (at least with out adding another even more humongous formation.) Along with the other cheaper formations above it should allow a higher activation army to work and let the army play in the more fluid afrika korps style that it always seemed it was aiming for.

One question - tank riders? The current Ulani ones are rubbish as far as we could tell (Always seemed better to spam griffin upgrades for 50pnts.) but some kind of infantry would be good. perhaps as an upgrade for the salamanders something like the 8th army and their Bren carriers ?

Ooops I totally forgot to include some infantry there. What about the standard Armored Fist Platoon (Chimeras+Infantry)???? The Salamanders+Infantry sounds great though: Scouts with some staying power.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In the top row, there is still Ulani listed. Guess thats a typo ;)
Perhaps you could also replace the 'o' in Konig with the ö, for proper spelling (König is the german word for King). I always frown when German words are misspelled and used for coolness
(Kreig instead of Krieg is a prime example here)

Another idea: What about specialized tanks which encourage a bit of scratchbuilding? For example dedicated anti infantry formations like the Leman Russ Punisher? Or hull modifications with heavy bolters?
Just some ideas which come to my mind :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Largo_W wrote:
In the top row, there is still Ulani listed. Guess thats a typo ;)

Fixed!!! :o

Largo_W wrote:
Perhaps you could also replace the 'o' in Konig with the ö, for proper spelling (König is the german word for King). I always frown when German words are misspelled and used for coolness
(Kreig instead of Krieg is a prime example here)

Ja ich weiss, ich spreche Deutsch ;D but it is set as Konig in the background (famous armoured regiments) so I don't know...

Largo_W wrote:
Another idea: What about specialized tanks which encourage a bit of scratchbuilding? For example dedicated anti infantry formations like the Leman Russ Punisher? Or hull modifications with heavy bolters?
Just some ideas which come to my mind :)

I always wanted to see the Punisher and the Annihilator in Epic, each one specialized in AP and AT. Is there already a Gatling Punisher cannon in Epic somewhere (statswise).??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lord-bruno wrote:
it is set as Konig in the background (famous armoured regiments) so I don't know...

Yeah as LB notes, the actual planet exists in the lore/fluff as that.

lord-bruno wrote:
I always wanted to see the Punisher and the Annihilator in Epic, each one specialized in AP and AT. Is there already a Gatling Punisher cannon in Epic somewhere (statswise).??

The community stated the Punisher up a few years back but the only list, AFAIK, that currently uses(d) it is my Penal Legion list. See my sig to a compiled PDF of all those "red-headed stepchildren" needing love. :D None of these should be taken as holy writ and are open to debate but were discussed to provide a basic starting point for use (I had taken it upon myself to keep a running log of them in one spot for convenience).

edit:
For the lazy and the fact this document needs updating as many units now have homes =>

Leman Russ Punisher
AV 20cm
A:4+ C:6+ F:2+
Punisher Gatling Cannon 20cm 15cm (restated as 15 but I never updated) 2xAP3+disrupt
2x Heavy Bolter 30cm AP5+
Lascannon 45cm AT5+
Reinforced Armour, Thick Rear Armour

Leman Russ Annihilator
AV 20cm
A:4+ C:6+ F:5+
Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4+
Lascannon 45cm AT5+
Reinforced Armour

Both IIRC were expected to be cheaper than than the standard LR but no prices were suggested.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Perhaps even change the hull weapon on the Punisher? HB hull ftw.
There is also the Vulture Punisher, which sports the same gun, I think. Maybe longer barrels for more range. But I think those are just AP3 and thats it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Always can vassal. Ping me for the updated modules.

Hi Jimmy
how updated are your modules? I have V 1.1.13, and am interested to find out if there has been any progress with it since then.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

v1.2 Apoc and I have been adding missing units for a whiles (Storm Talons, LR Achilles, Storm Ravens, LR Punishers, Knights, Storm Eagle) and started in on a complete reorg for the next (vmod per faction with independent versioning)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A finished version with stats is available.

Just my version of an armoured reg., Ulani style, no experimental units whatsoever AFAIK. Going to playtest it next weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was looking for Punisher Cannon rules when I came across this. Yours does seem a bit OP as even Hellhounds Inferno cannon is only one AP3+ and no disrupt and it is supposed to be the ultimate infantry fighting vehicle IG has. Yours is a lot like my take on the Leman Russ Incinerators Volkite Demi Culverin that initially was 45cm 2xAP3+/AT5+ with disrupt but now I'm using the semi-official nerfed AP4+/AT6+ for the time being. I feel it should have at least AT6+ component like your basic autocannon. The punisher I'm now using in Valkyrie is 45cm 2xAP3+/AT5+, though I'm not sure if they have the same stats in 40k. Marine assault cannon is 30cm AP5+/AT5+, well that's a bit off too I think.