Login |  Register |  FAQ

Army Cards, Open for interpretation?

Post subject: Army Cards, Open for interpretation?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How do you read Army Cards? How do you tell special, unique, special/unique, regular, and limited cards apart?

I see some have race in parenthesis but I don't know what that means. Is there an index to decipher these cards? Specifically having trouble with the full sized cards.

I'm setting up army combinations for Iron Warriors/Dark Angels/Orks/Eldar.

Thanks

Pat

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Army Cards, Open for interpretation?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you are talking about the 2nd edition Epic cards, then for most races it is simple. Generally speaking, all cards have a color behind the wording. This color will be the same for all cards that belong to the same faction.

All cards that are 7cm wide and 10cm long AND say "Special" at the top of the card are Special formations.

All cards that are 7cm wide and 10cm long and do NOT say "Special" at the top are Company formations. Some races call then Clan (Ork), or Host (Eldar), or other names, but they are all Company formations.

All cards that are 5cm wide and 7cm long are Support formations.

For all other restrictions on using a particular formation / card you have to actually read the card and / or the rulebook for that particular faction.

If the cards you are looking at do not fit the dimensions above, then you are looking at cards for a different sub-system of Epic. Or Tyranid cards. Those are hexagonal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks MI.

I'm talking about the cards that are netepic downloads. For instance is an Inquisitor unique and how would I know that?

Is a gargant big mob unique and how would I know that?

Is an Eldar scout card unique and how would I know that?

Thank you for your time.

Pat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, that is slightly different. Possibly anyway. The only downloadable cards for NetEpic that I am aware of are from the section called "NetEpic 4.1 Army Cards" on the EPICenter website. Being from 4.1 means, to me, that they are two editions old (5th, then Gold) and thus obsolete. As I have never bothered downloading those, someone more knowledgeable will have to field the rest of your question.

If those are not the cards you are referring to, please point me to the ones you are talking about as I'd be interested in looking at them myself. Thanks.

Still, to the best of my knowledge, there are almost no actual "Unique" cards in NetEpic Gold. Certainly not the three you listed above. Again, the best idea would be to read through the pdf for that faction, specifically the "Army building" section near the beginning for any overall Special Rules, and then the section specifically about the model(s) in question. For example, the Inquisitor is described on page 20 of the "adeptus astares' pdf for Gold. It's description there does not say anything about it being limited to 1 per x number of points in the battle, and thus it is only limited by the number of Special cards you are allowed to select (max of 1 Special per Company). An example of this limit would be the Dominatrix from the Tyranid pdf. On page 6 of the Tyranid pdf it limits Dominatrix to 1 per 3000 points in a battle.

To the best of my knowledge, the only cards ever produced by GW that were considered Unique were the ones that represented Commissar Yarrick, Ghazghkull Thraka, and a few Space Wolf characters. These cards may be present in NetEpic somewhere, but I don't recall seeing them lately. I'm assuming by Unique you mean that only one may be fielded per battle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MI,

Those are indeed the cards in question. (4.1).
You've solved my issue , Thank you!! :)

Pat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Glad I could be of help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

There is a gent on the facebook group making updated cards for net epic gold, which should be done soon.

I'll post a notice when they are available.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Primarch,

That would be great!

Pat