Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

6mm Sci Fi!

Post subject: Re: Vermin of Gorgades
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Speedy recovery!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for all the comments and the well wishes, they mean a lot right now!

Thanks for the suggestions of hazard stripes. I did think that would work, but I will leave them for now, as I am not really feeling confident enough to tackle them right now! and I dont want to ruin what Ive already done!

I still cant get myself in a good place to really want to paint anything too drastic, and any knock back how ever small is going to feel ten times worse right now. But I really really want to be able to get stuck in to my projects again, so thought I'd stick to some small stuff that was already part painted or part made to try and get a feel for a brush!

So I fished out some part done terrain and finished off some wire traps. They were mostly done when I packed up but it was nice to finish them, it felt like I achieved something, even if they were small and quick! sadly the wire them selves are so small I couldn't get them to show up to well in photos, but IMO they do look good when next to some minis!

They are fiddly things to put together, the wire is car mesh cut down to one strand and twisted, which is why it is so small!

This dude was in several parts and only partly painted when I pulled him out the box, so I thought I could finish him up as if he went wrong it was just one model, and not a whole company! I originally designed him as a token or marker in mind, as I don't have a lot of wild orcs so the ones I have I want to make the most of, as they seem to be rarer than other GW plastic orcs.

I will prob add some grass and some such stuff when he is completely dry, to match my boar boys that I did a long ways back.

Luckily I have lost all interest in actually every playing EA, so painting up whole armies no longer worry me. I will mostly just paint smaller lots, and stick to more skirmish style gaming, as I am my only opponent I will worry more about story and having fun then sticking to GWs rules!

I also ordered up a batch of CinC solar empier troops, but as awesome as they are I have not got to work on them yet. But hopefully a few more bits n pieces part done stuff finished I might feel like tackling something new!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey man, don't sell your miniatures. You'll regret it, I can attest to that.

Is there no one near you who can play you, or is it just too difficult to play at the moment?

I have no one near me who plays any 6mm at the moment, so I know what it's like. I also work on the same day the only club in my area runs, so I went for the first time in a year last week.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Which country are you in Rex?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

bertnernie wrote:
Is there no one near you who can play you, or is it just too difficult to play at the moment?

The problem is I know of only one person that has any interest in anything remotely like wargames, and even then they are a super part timer at my work, where it is dominantly golf, football and bullying. So no one to talk to about anything geeky, let alone play games with!

My misses has a vague interest in most of my hobbies, but its more of a passing interest because she has her own hobbies, and is mostly just super supportive of me draining out the bank account and being out from under her feet! So she joins in from time to time, but shes not really a wargame fanatic or player!

The_Real_Chris wrote:
Which country are you in Rex?

I'm in the U.K, down one the south coast, but we are in the middle of attempting to buy a place out in Ireland, mostly because of my health, and also as we would only need to work part time and/or seasonal work out there, and that would only be after a lengthy work free break!

I made myself pull out the paint brush and tried my damndest to make myself paint and enjoy myself, and for an hour or two I did. I tried out some test minis from the CinC stuff I got over the week, and these are fantastic figures. I went for an urban camo scheme (which yes, mostly means drybrush everything grey three times over!) I did try to make the bike have a glow effect but though it looks ok on a table top the photo looks pretty naff, and I dont think I really made it work!

Ive been trying to add another colour in there, but I just cant find one that works with out being stupid! (the yellow/orange the colour wheel gave me looked awesome, but I really dont see bright orange working on urban camo!)

ImageImage

They desperately need to be varnished as I hand undercoated them as the rain just has not let up this weekend but the chip at the slightest breeze rolling past them!

I am hoping to get a couple more painted up in the next few days and then give them a spin against my rats, I picked up a new game this weekend and I'd really like to try it out!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Cool!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There should be people near you in both of those locations. Not necessarily people playing a lot of Epic, but definitely wargames with varied tastes.

The question is if you can get to meet those people.

As to the minis. I think Urban camo is really hard to do. It looks good, but it also doesn't show really good work since both the model and the base look kind of the same.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Aye. The objective of camo is pretty much at odds with the purposes of making a finely painted army. :)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Post subject: Sci Fi log
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So, Ive made myself busy, even if I haven't gotten a lot done, Ive made an effort to do something almost everyday (apart from a couple that I gladly wasted away on a video game and one very awful hangover!)

And I have decided to just keep all my sci fi stuff in this one log and not to make threads for everything. I much prefer to jump between things, even more than before and it helps to keep it all together in one log so I can keep some kind of track.

My new NEW NEW space orc warboss. I ordered some more Troublemaker stuff from SCP and this time was not disappointed. The skinner leaders are fantastic, HUGE and so well detailed! I am more than certain that I will order a lot more in the future and these will be my go to mini for all things space orc! I'd be happy painting 500 of these and I'd still want more! The painting is half complete, but I had started the base and wanted to get them all in place so I could add more flooring tiles, some more junk and the pile of skulls that I have made and had sat in my drawer for months waiting to go on this! I am certainly going to be making an oversized flag for the wolf rider to carry, much like my fantasy one, I just haven't had the patience so far to photoshop the image I want for the flag.

A t est base of the troublemaker gobbos. Im not too happy with these. They are nice sculpts and paint up really well but they are just too fragile. I have had several break at the legs, and some have bent in half during the the first drybrush! one of them has a gun that likes to bend towards the heavens as well. Shame, as I would have ordered a ton more, but I juts hope if they make any more they make them a lot stronger. The broken ones wont go to waste though, I intend to use them as tank crew.

One of the troublemaker 'chopters minus the blades for now. Used half a ton of my foot plate plasti card for the base, but I think it was worth it! Not that it stands out now, but should do once painted!

Just some bog standard boys minus bases, as I dont know if I will go scenic for the whole army.

Some Defskulls PiP for the misses as she wanted some more blue to go with the 1k sons I already made her!

ImageImage

Idea completely stolen from caregadras's gate thread in the terrain section http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... 28&t=28575.
Shameless copy, other than I have added a base, and drilled the magnets into the gate itself. Not painted as they weather has been too rubbish to go outside and spray, and there is no way I am hand painting that thing black, it is huge! Took ages to get it just right, I have slightly different details to the roof and no brick work, but I may work on it more over the winter and add a lot more.

ImageImage
Just a small ruin for the table. I might add a base so I can add a road section to it. I have enough to make some more of these, but hopefully I can grab some more of these in the new year before GW discontinue them or make them LE or something crazy!

I have also made several test road sections but I forgot to photo them, but they are not very exciting as of now. Just textured grey straights, but if I get any time before new year I will start on the markings.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Cool!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really good to see you posting again.

I like the command stand a lot. It looks like you have a plan for that base too.

It's a shame about the gobbos. I was thinking of getting some, but since I don't need them, and they sound frail I might leave it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good stuff. Keep it up!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OMG!!
Go! Rex! Go! Go! Go! That glory!

Orkonia: http://goo.gl/j6Q3v
Hive Cassius: http://goo.gl/vJSxA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

let me know if you end up in ireland, a few epic players in dublin and up in Belfast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Let me know if you make it over to Ireland. I am in Belfast and happy to travel for Epic games.

D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next