Login |  Register |  FAQ

Army List: Orks

Post subject: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

This thread is for posting on anything related to the revision of the Orks Book.

Those whom wish to supervise this list, please state so in your post and compile an editable document of the changes that are posted.

Thank you!

Primarch

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actual rules for Great Gargant shoulder Battle Kannons would be nice

Verum Irae II

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Status Update:

If you choose to "lead" a particular army, just post a message on the respective army thread as to where you are on reading the books for corrections and such.

This is just to get an idea to see where we are all at. :)

Primarch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Llamahead wrote:
Actual rules for Great Gargant shoulder Battle Kannons would be nice

Hi!

Agreed. I would also like some standardization of battlecannon ranges.

It drives me nuts that some are 50cm and others 75cm. They should really all be the same, or just make them some other weapon.

You have any suggestions for those rules?

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi !

Some suggests changes we use in France about ork army (there are all tested ^^)

Special card Freebooterz : cost 50 points but not unique.

Support cards
Braincrusha squadrons : cost 250 points instead of 200. VP up to +3 instead of +2.

Soopa Gun : cost 150 instead of 100. VP up to +2 instead of +1
Deathskull Shootaz : cost 200 instead of 175.
Evil Sunz Spleenrippas Squadron : cost 125 instead of 100. VP up to +2 instead of +1
Evil Sunz Bowelburnas Squadron : cost 100 instead of 50.

Renegade Mekboyz : this card do not enter in the mekboy cards limit of a clan but it not allows to get 5 mekboyz cards for the clan. In add, the ork player must take a less of one each mekboy type (a less of 1 bubble, 1 Destruka Rokkit, 1 dragsta, 1 kustom kanon and 1 lifta-droppa) on the 8 renegade mekboyz. Renegard Mekboy Card is Unique.

Deatskull Clan : may take any support card even if it is clan specific to a different clan but only 2 clan specific cards to the others clans.
Lifta-Droppa against Superheavy : Superheavy which are shoot by lifta droppa can make roll in the superheavy damages board. If the result is "Destruct" then the Superheavy is lift (and can be drop) and destruct. Otherwise, superheavy is not lift, not damaged (even the result in superheavy damage board is "damaged") but can not do anything for the rest of the turn (it can be considered like immobilize).
A superheavy which are under the down of a lifta-droppa target must be a roll inf the superheavy damages board except if its save is better than the save of the lifta-droppa target.

Weirdboy Tower : only one per clan (Bad Moon or Deathskull)

Shokk attack gunz : if the SOG shoot a flyer/floater, the flyer/floater (whitout save) is only destruct if only the SOG roll is a HiT+Double. Otherwise the shoot has no effect and can not fight another model (no deviation, the snotling do not know flying ^^).

Mekboy Repair Cards : if these affects vehicle, these can affect only a squadron (3 to 5 vehicles) even the mob containt more than one support card (for example, the kustom force shield affect only 3 Brainkrushas even the mob containts 6 Brainkrushas).

It is the Gibletgrinda that is 1+ all around, not the Skullhamma (in regard to the models ^^)

These changes are not tested :
Flaks Squadrons : cost 150 with one add dice per Flakwagon instead of 100. VP up to +2 instead of +1

So, if you want, I can be lead the ork army list

Member of NetEpic Translation Committee.

"If you break my tea, I break your ass !" Grakor Urg Margor, the ork big boss who like tea !
(sea http://fbruntz.fr/lpt/regles/regles.html)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

csuia wrote:
Hi !

Some suggests changes we use in France about ork army (there are all tested ^^)

Special card Freebooterz : cost 50 points but not unique.

Support cards
Braincrusha squadrons : cost 250 points instead of 200. VP up to +3 instead of +2.

Soopa Gun : cost 150 instead of 100. VP up to +2 instead of +1
Deathskull Shootaz : cost 200 instead of 175.
Evil Sunz Spleenrippas Squadron : cost 125 instead of 100. VP up to +2 instead of +1

Renegade Mekboyz : this card do not enter in the mekboy cards limit of a clan but it not allows to get 5 mekboyz cards for the clan. In add, the ork player must take a less of one each mekboy type (a less of 1 bubble, 1 Destruka Rokkit, 1 dragsta, 1 kustom kanon and 1 lifta-droppa) on the 8 renegade mekboyz. Renegard Mekboy Card is Unique.

Deatskull Clan : may take any support card even if it is clan specific to a different clan but only 2 clan specific cards to the others clans.
Lifta-Droppa against Superheavy : Superheavy which are shoot by lifta droppa can make roll in the superheavy damages board. If the result is "Destruct" then the Superheavy is lift (and can be drop) and destruct. Otherwise, superheavy is not lift, not damaged (even the result in superheavy damage board is "damaged") but can not do anything for the rest of the turn (it can be considered like immobilize).
A superheavy which are under the down of a lifta-droppa target must be a roll inf the superheavy damages board except if its save is better than the save of the lifta-droppa target.

Weirdboy Tower : only one per clan (Bad Moon or Deathskull)

Shokk attack gunz : if the SOG shoot a flyer/floater, the flyer/floater (whitout save) is only destruct if only the SOG roll is a HiT+Double. Otherwise the shoot has no effect and can not fight another model (no deviation, the snotling do not know flying ^^).

Mekboy Repair Cards : if these affects vehicle, these can affect only a squadron (3 to 5 vehicles) even the mob containt more than one support card (for example, the kustom force shield affect only 3 Brainkrushas even the mob containts 6 Brainkrushas).

It is the Gibletgrinda that is 1+ all around, not the Skullhamma (in regard to the models ^^)

These changes are not tested :
Flaks Squadrons : cost 150 with one add dice per Flakwagon instead of 100. VP up to +2 instead of +1

So, if you want, I can be lead the ork army list

Hi!

I agree the braincrushas are very effective. I almost always bring them to battle.

Also agree on the evil sunz vehicle downgrade in points. Makes them more attractive.

Could you further explain what you mean regarding the Renegade mekboy formation? Do you mean that it currently counts towards the limit? (or not) and that it should (or not). Let me know.

Deathskull clan. You mean limit cards from other clanz to just two?

Regarding the lifta droppa, this sounds reasonable to roll on their damage table, instead of instant destruction. Is that what you mean?

Wierdboy tower. I agree. These are VERY powerful. Limit to one per clan present.

Good clarification of shokk attack guns and flyers. Never thought of that one. ;)

I believe the clarification for the mekboy cards should be one formation of 3 to 5 vehicles. It may have gotten omitted. But I agree it should be there.

Correct, gibletgrinda +1 armor all around, not the skullhamma (it has its own advantage in speed).

I would very much like you to take over the orks!

Many thanks!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:

Also agree on the evil sunz vehicle downgrade in points. Makes them more attractive.

I have upgrade in points ^^.
Spleenrippa has the same stats in fire that Bonebreaka and the only changes are the CAF and the deathroller. But you use Bonebreaka and Spleenrippa at fire not in CC (1 dice at 75cm/4+/-2 it is a good unit of fire ^^). At 100 points Spleenrippas are to cheap.
Bowelburnas are a very good unit (the fire template is large ^^) and 50 points is to cheap.
So we suggests 150 points to the Spleenrippas Squadron and 100 points to the Bowelburnas Squadron.
We tests these changes and these units are still attractives.

primarch wrote:
Could you further explain what you mean regarding the Renegade mekboy formation? Do you mean that it currently counts towards the limit? (or not) and that it should (or not). Let me know.

Only one Renegade mekboy card per 5000 army points. And in the 8 mekboy vehicles, you must take at less 1 bubble, 1 lifta-droppa, 1 Rokkits, 1 dragsta and 1 kustom kanon. You can take what you want in the mekboy vehicles for the 3 last vehicles.
Actually the rules is : "Also, if a Clan purchases the Renegade Mekboyz Special Card, it may also take up to 5 Mekboy Support Cards." We suggests to remove this rule.
Renegarde mekboy is a still mekboy card (and give you 2 mekboy repairs cards) but do not count in the limit of the number of mekboy cards a clan can have (because RM Card is not a support card and the limit is only in the support cards)
For example, the Bad Moon clan can have only one mekboy card. If you buy RM Card for Bad Moon clan, BM Clan can still have only on mekboy support card not 5.

primarch wrote:
Deathskull clan. You mean limit cards from other clanz to just two?

Yes, I mean limit cards from other clanz to just two.

primarch wrote:
Regarding the lifta droppa, this sounds reasonable to roll on their damage table, instead of instant destruction. Is that what you mean?

And if the result in damage table is "Damaged" or "Nothing" then the superheavy is not damaged but only immobilize (the superheavy can not do anything for the rest of the turn).

"If you break my tea, I break your ass !" Grakor Urg Margor, the ork big boss who like tea !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I have upgrade in points ^^.
Spleenrippa has the same stats in fire that Bonebreaka and the only changes are the CAF and the deathroller. But you use Bonebreaka and Spleenrippa at fire not in CC (1 dice at 75cm/4+/-2 it is a good unit of fire ^^). At 100 points Spleenrippas are to cheap.
Bowelburnas are a very good unit (the fire template is large ^^) and 50 points is to cheap.
So we suggests 150 points to the Spleenrippas Squadron and 100 points to the Bowelburnas Squadron.
We tests these changes and these units are still attractives.

I agree the changes are very useful for the points value. :)

Quote:
Only one Renegade mekboy card per 5000 army points. And in the 8 mekboy vehicles, you must take at less 1 bubble, 1 lifta-droppa, 1 Rokkits, 1 dragsta and 1 kustom kanon. You can take what you want in the mekboy vehicles for the 3 last vehicles.
Actually the rules is : "Also, if a Clan purchases the Renegade Mekboyz Special Card, it may also take up to 5 Mekboy Support Cards." We suggests to remove this rule.
Renegarde mekboy is a still mekboy card (and give you 2 mekboy repairs cards) but do not count in the limit of the number of mekboy cards a clan can have (because RM Card is not a support card and the limit is only in the support cards)
For example, the Bad Moon clan can have only one mekboy card. If you buy RM Card for Bad Moon clan, BM Clan can still have only on mekboy support card not 5.

Ah! Now I understand. You wish to limit the card per 5000 and specify the vehicles in it (to avoid abuse by choosing all of them of the same type or just certain types and not others). Also it gives you a bonus two mekboy cards, but it does not change the number of "base" cards the clan would get. Correct?

Quote:
Yes, I mean limit cards from other clanz to just two.

Understood. :)

Quote:
And if the result in damage table is "Damaged" or "Nothing" then the superheavy is not damaged but only immobilize (the superheavy can not do anything for the rest of the turn).

Understood. Clever and flavorful. :)

Thanks!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
Quote:

Ah! Now I understand. You wish to limit the card per 5000 and specify the vehicles in it (to avoid abuse by choosing all of them of the same type or just certain types and not others). Also it gives you a bonus two mekboy cards, but it does not change the number of "base" cards the clan would get. Correct?

Yes ^^

Quote:
and specify the vehicles in it (to avoid abuse by choosing all of them of the same type or just certain types and not others)

exactness
You have 8 vehicles :
You must have 1 bubble, 1 lifta-droppa, 1 dragsta, 1 rokkit, 1 kustom kannon and you can choose free the 3 others between bubble, lifta-droppa, dragsta, rokkit, kustom kannon. For example, you can have bubble, 4 lifta-droppa, 1 dragsta, 1 rokkit, 1 kustom kannon or bubble, 1 lifta-droppa, 2 dragsta, 1 rokkit, 2 kustom kannon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

csuia wrote:
primarch wrote:
Quote:

Yes ^^

Quote:
and specify the vehicles in it (to avoid abuse by choosing all of them of the same type or just certain types and not others)

exactness
You have 8 vehicles :
You must have 1 bubble, 1 lifta-droppa, 1 dragsta, 1 rokkit, 1 kustom kannon and you can choose free the 3 others between bubble, lifta-droppa, dragsta, rokkit, kustom kannon. For example, you can have bubble, 4 lifta-droppa, 1 dragsta, 1 rokkit, 1 kustom kannon or bubble, 1 lifta-droppa, 2 dragsta, 1 rokkit, 2 kustom kannon.

Hi!

Looks like we got a lot done in short order! :)

Remember to keep all these things in an editable document that we can use later. I have asked all the army leaders to keep track of all recommendation, corrections and changes this way so we don't have to re-read all the posts in a thread.

I'll pull them all together into one document at some point down the road.

Thanks!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Since I've finally painted up a Gargant, I've started looking at weaponry.

I noticed that the Deth Cannon is listed as being for a Slasher. Is this right? It looks more like the kind of weapon a Great Gargant would have. If it is right, why is it that the Great Gargant cannot take it?

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Since I've finally painted up a Gargant, I've started looking at weaponry.

I noticed that the Deth Cannon is listed as being for a Slasher. Is this right? It looks more like the kind of weapon a Great Gargant would have. If it is right, why is it that the Great Gargant cannot take it?

Hi!

This is due that the "deth kanon" was once of the arms that came with the slasher gargant and was not intended for the great gargant (the weapon fits in the old slasher model arm socket not the great gargant one).

It's purely a model and its part compatibility issue.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, right, no probs. Thanks for clearing this up!

Maybe it should be allowed for Great Gargants now though since some players have the non-weapons specific new-style Gargants?

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Ah, right, no probs. Thanks for clearing this up!

Maybe it should be allowed for Great Gargants now though since some players have the non-weapons specific new-style Gargants?

Hi!

Sure, it would be "orky" to loot. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I found myself disagreeing with the above rule about not being allowed to take more than one Weirdboy Battletower. So I ignored you lot and took two of 'em last night.

Here's how that went:

One of them got shot down pretty quickly.

Then...

Attachments:
File comment: Weirdboy sucks up more raw energy than Miley Cyrus at a record producers' conference.
Weirdboy Situation 1.jpg
Weirdboy Situation 1.jpg [ 122.25 KiB | Viewed 5030 times ]
File comment: Recreating the big bang theory.
Weirdboy Situation 2.jpg
Weirdboy Situation 2.jpg [ 120.8 KiB | Viewed 5030 times ]
File comment: I'm a mushroom cloud layin' motherlover, motherlover!
Weirdboy Situation 3.jpg
Weirdboy Situation 3.jpg [ 118.22 KiB | Viewed 5030 times ]

Net Epic Evolution Rules