Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 102  Next

Plastic Infantry & transports sprue, crowdfunding.

Post subject: Re: Plastic Infantry & transports sprue, crowdfunding.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My plan for DiD would be to re-use our Timeline 300 game engine, in order to provide a fast flowing wargame (T300 games get through 25-30 turns in two hours, and in our opinion they're a "brain turned on" sort of two hours) with an emphasis on resource management (digging for coal in T300. Some kind of mega space diamond in DiD).

The rules are already well tested, it'd just need new army lists.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Incidentally, just floating this as a possibility at this stage, we could put out a ~40 page A5 size game rulebook for £5 per rulebook.

Anybody got any interest in being involved in developing a rule set for Defeat In Detail?

I thought I'd read somewhere that the boxes that people could pledge for would contain rules - full starter sets for the Defeat in Detail game. I can't find that on the page now; maybe it's gone, or maybe it was never there.
Perhaps it was somewhere early in this thread, but I'm not going to search through all 31 pages! :P

Even if there wasn't a firm statement however, there certainly is an implication though referring to the boxed sets as 'Starter Sets' throughout the thread, and the comments made about wanting circular bases to be distinctive from other manufacturers. Perhaps I've misunderstood your question, and you're asking about providing the book as a stand alone option for those not buying a boxed set?

Obviously your models have been designed so that they can be compatible with other game systems (Epic, possibly others). For myself, I want to help support your product because your models look good, are very well priced, and because I've long had an itch to recreate my 40k armies in Epic scale; GW's prices, lack of a plastic boxset and lack of support always pushed this project back into the realm of fantasy.

My plan was to support the project, which would give me two starter armies for Epic: Armageddon (having got the rules from the website). The starter set doesn't quite match the army lists in the pdf however - only 6 APCs in the book rather than the 7 needed for a mechanised company; no Nobz to lead an Ork warband (and far too many Gobbers in the pack to represent Gretchin mobs if you've only bought one plastic set, though you could create (a lot) of big gunz batteries :-p). This certainly isn't a major issue; it's not even a minor annoyance.

The implication however was that there would also be defeat in detail rules. I could compare these to Epic: Armageddon and see if they looked better (I've never played it), and allowed me to use the models available from you. I wouldn't need to look at how close your models were to Leman Russ Battle Tanks if they fitted in better to the alternative. The Hulked up Aliens would still probably be painted green and still called Orks, but it didn't have to be mandatory.

Could you let me know whether I have misunderstood, and whether the plan is to include Rules, Dice and/or any other accessories in the boxed game?

As for actually developing it, the summer holidays are coming up which will hopefully provide a lot of free afternoons (many of which should be spent painting up the models I'm getting from you!). What aid were you looking for in developing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Chivs i think the plan was long term to provide a complete boxed game.

This will all depend on how well the initial plastics and accompanying metals sell as the profits from these sales will be plowed back into further development of new models and the boxed game idea. E&C can correct me here if i'm wrong.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd be interested in seeing the Defeat in Detail rules. I don't think I'd play them beyond a test game though, unless they showed up in my local FLGS. So many people only want to play rules that are "supported" by a company, so if a rule book and minis showed up in the store it would be a lot easier to recruit.

Having said that, I could just about justify paying £5 for an interesting rule set I'd likely never play, if it supported the plastic sprue.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi chivs. I'm on my phone at the moment so sorry for the brief reply.

In essence, the plan has always been to provide an online rulebook at the start v,(free for all) but having done some coatings I'm now floating the idea of a physical rulebook a fair bit earlier than I'd previously planned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
My plan for DiD would be to re-use our Timeline 300 game engine, in order to provide a fast flowing wargame (T300 games get through 25-30 turns in two hours, and in our opinion they're a "brain turned on" sort of two hours) with an emphasis on resource management (digging for coal in T300. Some kind of mega space diamond in DiD).

The rules are already well tested, it'd just need new army lists.

Sounds interesting. I've given feedback in the EW forum about their proposed rule set so won't repeat here. The TL300 mechanics answers my main misgiving - it obviously offers a very different gameplay and therefore a reason to switch from the already established game/lists. Sounds a bit like like a long-ago discovered article for E40k (i think a french writer) which introduced tiberium refineries like Command and Conquer meaning your detachments could therefore harvest to regenerate - never played it though it sounded like fun.

Think you might find the free download (at least at first) will be required to generate interest. Print version might be better as a medium term goal and rely on recent wendy developments for sales in the short term...?

BTW Hena's ruleset is quite interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Chivs wrote:
Evil and Chaos wrote:
My plan was to support the project, which would give me two starter armies for Epic: Armageddon (having got the rules from the website). The starter set doesn't quite match the army lists in the pdf however - only 6 APCs in the book rather than the 7 needed for a mechanised company; no Nobz to lead an Ork warband (and far too many Gobbers in the pack to represent Gretchin mobs if you've only bought one plastic set, though you could create (a lot) of big gunz batteries :-p). This certainly isn't a major issue; it's not even a minor annoyance.

Just as a note but the current sprues would support use for guard infantry formations for Minervan Tank Legion, Cadian Shock Troops, Adeptus Ministorum, and Ordo Hereticus lists.

You might want to check out the NetEA Compendium here for details.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No takers on the funder today. :(

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

moredakka wrote:
No takers on the funder today. :(

Yeah, I had hoped we'd make a stretch to £5k before I opened up the next goals, because that would have allowed tucking away several hundred into the "add poses" bag. Oh well, time to look at geting the next goals up I think. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think everyone just had to pay rent/mortgages this week

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm waiting for the bombers!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Oh well, time to look at geting the next goals up I think. :-)

How about some human long-range howitzers and alien silly-powerful rayguns?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You might find people are waiting to see an update on the front page of the campaign that explains what your plans are - at the moment, it looks like there are no concrete plans after £4200.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apologist wrote:
You might find people are waiting to see an update on the front page of the campaign that explains what your plans are - at the moment, it looks like there are no concrete plans after £4200.

Indeed.....Don't lose momentum!

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 102  Next