9 Tyranid Swarm - 2x Warriors & 6x Hormagaunts/Termagants - 200
10 Harridan Swarm - 2x Harridans - 275
11 Tyranid Swarm - 2x Warriors & 6x Hormagaunts/Termagants - 200

vs AMTL (EpicUK test list)

Warlord - 2x Gatlings, Volcano Cannon & Lasburner) + Legate
Reaver - Control Tower, MRL (Upgunned) & Lasburner
Warhound - VHB & PBG (Upgunned)
Warhound - VHB & PBG (Upgunned)
Warhound - 2x Scout Inferno Guns (Upgunned)
Robots - (8 but LV and limited orders)
Thunderbolts
Thunderbolts

Blitz objectives were set up centally, Nid TnH were place allong the centre line in the centre whilst AMTL were to the Nids left flank and one set in deeper.

Trygons decided to tunnel and were placed for a turn three arrival 15cm infront of the AMTL blitz. Lictors decided to teleport.

Robots garrisoned in cover in the centre, AMTL spread out in two clumps Warlord and Warhound in centre and Reaver with remaining two Warhounds on Nid Left flank.

Nids spread out along the front line from the left flank to just over half way.

Turn 1

AMTL won strat and fired Reaver onto Assault Swarm with Zoanthrope killing both warriors, hormagaunt and three termagants, 3BM and one away from breaking. With having less activations than the Nids the initiative was passed over. On a 4+ the Assault Swarm regrouped and removed all the BM. Continuing the attack on this flank the Thunderbolts screamed in and took a BM from the Zoanthorpe before placing a BM on the Harridans behind.

Nids marched an Assault Swarm forward into cover. Second Thunderbolts screamed in on the left flank and again took a BM from the Zoanthorpe before causing a wound and placing two BM on the Harridans behind.

Nids doubled an Assault Swarm forward behind cover. Warhound with Inferno Cannons doubled forward and caught the Assault Swarm killing two Termagants, a Hormagaunt and a Warrior.

Turn continued with Assault Swarms either doubling or marching and the expendable Gaunts being killed by the Warhounds. Finally the left flank Harridans doubled forward to place a BM on the Inferno Warhound which allowed as the final AMTL activation the Warlord to double and shoot upon them Gatlings hits were saved and Volcano Cannon missed.
Dom, Hiero & remaining Harridans doubled forward placing BMs on two more Warhounds and the Robots.
Planes flew off the board edge and were shot at by the Dom leaving them with 3BM each.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Tyranid Army List v10.1
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:48 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Rallying – all formations rallied and all the killed Gaunts returned (forgot to keep the exact number but I think that it was 10). These were taken by the remaining 4 Assault Swarms which had Synapse and two of these were outside of 30cm and had the extra dice roll.
I was quite shocked as to the fact that I had only lost, after spawning, a Zoanthrope and four Warriors. I had expected to lose in the region of one WE formation and three Assault Swarms.

Turn 2

The Nids were pushing up the table with the Robots, three Warhounds and the Warlord all in potential engage range. Lictors appeared around the Reaver with 1 BM. AMTL won the Strat and advance the Warlord to get a shot at my Hierophant. Cover helped as the Gatlings only causing 1 (?) wound and the Volcano Cannon missed again. (Any IG player will note how regularly this happens with Shadowswords as well.) Slightly battered but still in the game. The Warhound next to the Warlord then retained and engage the Harridans in front of it in FF. Both the Robots and Warlord were in counter charge range of the Harridans and closer so anticipating the worst and trying to do some damage before dying the Warlord and Robots were brought into the combat. Needless to say the Harridans died... In response they killed two Robots.

In reply an Assault Swarm doubled over to a left flank Warhound and placed a BM. The other Harridans looked to avenge their fallen brothers by retaining and engaging the hound. Hound scored a wound. 15 attacks from the Harridans and supporting Assault Swarm yielded one 5+ which stripped a shield. The Warhound won the roll-off and the broken Harridans ran back to the base line.

The Warhounds were then free to move back and break the Lictors and double across the table to shoot at the Hierophant again. This was to no avail as it then activated and charged into base to base with the Warlord. The Warlord got 7 hits one of which got through. The Hierophant managed to wound with its two TK attacks which then both rolled 3 wounds each. The Warlord shook and then some more as three critical were rolled. The Hierophant won the roll-off and both BTS WE retreated from the combat back into cover broken and battered both on 2 DC left.

The Reaver and Aircraft tried to pitch in, but one flight of thunderbolts failed to come on and the Reaver didn’t do any damage.

Aircraft flew off with no BM, all formations rallied except the Lictors which I had left within 30cm of the Reaver and a Warhound, forgetting that they don’t benefit from the Synapse rule.

The Warlord blew up.....
No spawning took place as none had been killed in the turn....

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:04 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Turn 3

The Trygons arrived - now checking the rules we believed that they don’t roll for BM does everyone else agree?

The table looked quite sparse with the Warlord gone, but the AMTL tried to carry on. However, two Warhounds were jumped on and killed and in trying to get a victory goal, BTS, nothing pushed forward far enough. The game quickly petered out to a 5-0 win to the Nids.

This was a truly brutal game for the AMTL and they certainly won’t make the mistake of getting within charge range of a Hierophant again. But as the Nid player I will say that at no time did I feel that I was going to lose. Even when one formation of Harridans were killed and the second broken from the engagement. Things could have been closer if I’d taken the loses that I’d expected, but the appearance of five Trygons at the start of turn 3, 375pts for five DC2 War Engines all with an extra attack broke the AMTL’s resolve.

Spawning was very powerful in this game as all the gaunts were returned to the table and the Nids only ended up losing 2 Harridans, 4 Warriors and a Zoanthrope.

Although the Hierophant won the game with its engagement of the Warlord, I would drop it if I had the models for two further formations of Harridans as these will be much more useful against a regular army.
4 formations of 2 Harridans + Dom + 5 Tygons (BTS arriving turn 3 again) – 14 WE list plus 44 infantry/LV stands nasty as anything.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:38 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks Tim. The Harridan spam list is something I've been meaning to test as well. The Trygons I've tested a bunch, and I've tried the turn 3 tunnel with 6 a couple of times with little success. I usually end up bringing 3-4 on turn 2. If others are finding them a problem in the bigger formations we can up the cost, drop the numbers, put them in the 1/3 WE allowance, etc. I'd like to see a few more games for the Harridans, but those three options apply to them too.

What were your guant losses over the course of the turns? I count 7 in 1, none in 2 and ? and 3.

The Warlord crit was rough. We've seen that happen twice now (hence why Matt's Warlord is called the Indestructible III). Once was to my Annihilators, and the other was to Rob's SM Scout formation in CC (who won...).

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Well rolling 3 sixes from 6 hits was the final nail in the Warlord's coffin really. However I don't think I'll be allowed to do it again.

We will try and get a game in against a more standard army next month for these.

On the gaunt count. Yes, things were going my way so heavily that it was 7, 0, 0 over the three turns although we didn't rally at the end of the third there was next to nothing the AMTL could do. As I stated earlier I expected to lose more formations earlier on, but this time the dice were with me. My opponent plays Nids as well so we might well swop sides next time to see what will happen.