Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 44  Next

GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer available)

Post subject: Re: GW Night Spinners no longer available
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I've just been to GW HQ, told the guy behind the counter that it was my last purchase from GW and he sighed and told me he'd been hearing that a lot today

they still have the tiny epic and warmaster armies on display in the miniature hall.... wondered if they'd removed them yet!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Someone should put an offer in on them

@Rex:
I hear what you are saying. Personally I think Epic as a game is going to be dead too. However that doesn't mean 6mm gaming is going away. I'm personally going to pivot playing the EW rule set which for anyone that has bothered to read them is heavily reminiscent of Epic:A. There should be no lack of players and models in the future but my large IG and Marine force will not go to waste there.

As an aside, I'm going to start up a dedicated thread over in the Trades forum specifically trying to match up people with extras and hoardes of materials for a new army (but that are not complete yet) with people lacking the last bits to complete an existing army. I hope that people will take a realistic take on their piles and see what they can part with. I know I have some very rare things I can part with that I hope someone can benefit from and vice versa (my previously mentioned lack of thunder brick pretty much kills my Blood Angels)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OK specific matching thread posted here
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25019

Honestly folks, this is not a generic trade thread. I am really intending it for matching up people that have a force they realistically can't finish (haven't started) with people that need that one last item to actually play now.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
FW Thunderbricks gone now.
Edit: Vaylks too
F-me in the goat ass as I didn't pull the trigger on that order yesterday before I went to bed.

GW US still has Valkyrieis. I just ordered 8 this morning before work. (My couch is really running out of coins......)

I don't know where you live, but if you are able to order from that site then you might still catch some.

-Allen McCarley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Someone should probably rename this thread - "GW & FW are ending Epic production" or similar.

I'll lodge a moderator report asking for this title change.

What bothers me most about this whole thing is the lack of notice. It would have been common courtesy to at least announce that the products were being discontinued, but GW could not even do that. To my mind, that's really the most dispiriting aspect of this tale.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

S'Cipio wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:
F-me in the goat ass as I didn't pull the trigger on that order yesterday before I went to bed.

GW US still has Valkyrieis. I just ordered 8 this morning before work. (My couch is really running out of coins......)

I don't know where you live, but if you are able to order from that site then you might still catch some.

-Allen McCarley

Shipping everything to the US house but my problem is that everything else I own is FW already. =/

thanks though mate!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

FW no longer has vampire raiders or manticores

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
wondering if people on the forum would like to sign a group letter of complaint? (not that it would do any good)

personally I'm disgusted (although not surprised) at what's transpired, I'm washing my hands of GW now, this is really the final straw.... I wonder if they'd bat an eyelid at a couple hundred signatures, or even a couple of hundred letters of complaint.....

I can't write for toffee so perhaps one of our wordier members might like to draft something (if only to get it off your chest!)

I suspect that a few hundred individual letters to FW might have better results than one mass letter with lots of signatures. A few hundred letters like, "I really love your Thunderhawks but I've bought all I need of those right now. Please, could you cast some some Deth Koptas to that standard in 6mm? I'd love to throw oodles of cash at you, and it's just sitting here in my wallet crying out for Deth Koptas..... and Ad-Mech infantry...."

Mind you, I don't expect that effort to accomplish anything either within the current GW business model. I'm just saying if you want to organize an effort I think that would, in the best Pooh manner, have a slightly larger small helping of non-effect. So if you have the time and inclination, may as well write.

I also suspect most of our complaints over the past two days (and I've made a few myself) are directed at people who can't help. The poor harried guy behind the phone at mail order or the desk at GW HQ probably doesn't even get to talk to anyone who makes decisions. (Mind you, I complain anyway.)

-Allen McCarley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
S'Cipio wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:

-Allen McCarley

Shipping everything to the US house but my problem is that everything else I own is FW already. =/

thanks though mate!

No worries.

I know how you feel. I'm still kicking myself in the teeth because I waited for customer-service confirmation on Monday that the models were really gone for good, and missed my chance at Steam Gargants.

(Yes, I can proxie, but it was such a nice model, and I'll know the proxies aren't real. :-( )

-Allen McCarley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:01 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

GW UK still has steam gargants.... I'm happy to be a mule for any US based folks, unfortunately I don't have the cash to cover orders so will need it up front I'm afraid :(

alternatively you can call GW UK, order it and have it delivered to my address, I will happily send it all on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
GW UK still has steam gargants.... I'm happy to be a mule for any US based folks, unfortunately I don't have the cash to cover orders so will need it up front I'm afraid :(

alternatively you can call GW UK, order it and have it delivered to my address, I will happily send it all on

You are truly a scholar and a gentleman.

How might one get you money?

-Allen McCarley

Post subject: Re: GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer availa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

paypal please, they are £27.70 GBP, I am doing a run to GW HQ on thursday if required, so please get orders to me by midday tomorrow so I can make sure they're ready to be collected thursday afternoon

I'll attempt to pack items over the weekend and send either saturday or monday, I'll ship via parcelforce for tracking, but once it leaves the UK I'll consider it delivered

I'd prefer to group orders together for people in the same locale, but I'm aware the US is a big place and even people in the same state may be 3-4 hours drive away from each other....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thought I'd share something amusing that happened just now.
I've proxied a dozen orders in the last 24hours for people all over Europe and I finally went to get something for myself from FW just now and the card company flagged my card as fraud and shut me down. Lost my chance for me to order. :) oh well!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I wish I read about your offer before I placed an order for that Steam Gargant.... Grrr!

Oh well, at least I'll get my Feral Ork army - I just wish I had the option of waiting. But this will be good business for Dark Realms and Exodus Wars as they will undoubtedly be the primary sources for proxies. And other sources will surely fill the gaps.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Agreed. Guard armies are the safest to field / use now as that's the generic SciFi army. Marines are pretty much right out for the general public. Ironically 'Nids being historically one of the tougher armies are probably now the easiest to aliens to use due to Deacons' great work with his critters. I don't know if Eldar will get filled or not. I expect the EW kazari will soon expand to cover more ground now.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 44  Next