Login |  Register |  FAQ

Eldar, chaos lists up!

Post subject: Eldar, chaos lists up!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:44 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Okay, I know I just said to reduce some mob sizes, but breaking up Big Gunz is not a good way to do it.

They are a fairly fragile formation, and lack the mob up bonuses that most ork units receive.  Because of that, they need every advantage they can get to counteract BMs.  I highly recommend not fielding them any smaller than a Big formation and putting the maximum number of nobz with them.

BTW, a lot of people miss the fact that larger mobz can have more of the restricted upgrades.  I noticed none of your Big or Uge mobz had more than 1.  They are allowed double or triple the number, so for a 0-1 restricted upgrade you can have 0-2 in a Big mob or 0-3 in a Uge mob.

In this case, a Big gunzmob could have up to 2 nobz.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Damn that rule. The number of *flippin'* times I've forgotten about that is unbelieveable! I sat looking at the list wondering how to get two Nobz into the Gunzmob for ages with just a blank look on my face! Argh! I suppose it's just a thing you get used to after a while... ????

Thanks Neal. I was worried about splitting them too, but thought it might be ok. :cool: ?Ok, Putting the two Mekboy Gunzmobs back together saves me the points to get a second Nobz in there, and leaves 25 points left. This I could either put into another Stormboy for the SBWarhorde (taking it to 9 - could be useful), or another Killakan or Big Gunz in their respective formations. No other changes to list, so won't retype it yet. :)

Btw I ordered a whole load of FW Battlewagons today in order to start some convershuns for my battle/gunz/flakwagons! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all,

Is there anything to be gained by declaring the clan the formations belong to? I'm not sure if I missed something or not.

Regards,

Furgie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (furgie @ 26 2004 Jan.,14:03)
Hi all,

Is there anything to be gained by declaring the clan the formations belong to? I'm not sure if I missed something or not.

Regards,

Furgie

No, at the moment its just a generic Ork army list & the mention of clans is purely down to aethstetics (or however you spell that..... :-: ) & the colour schemes used.

http://hobbybrush.blogspot.com - My Hobby Blog
TuffSkull's notepad- My Old Blog on Wargames Wiki.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (TuffSkull @ 26 2004 Jan.,14:37)
No, at the moment its just a generic Ork army list & the mention of clans is purely down to aethstetics (or however you spell that..... :-: ) & the colour schemes used.

Agreed, Tuffskull, but for purists, players interested in Kult of Speed armies should tend to Evil Sunz, and those with a Feral Ork predilection, to Snakebites. I plan a future kult of speed army, but this will include my Eklips boyz, a sort of Sunz-working for Moonz hybrid.  :p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm with you Enginseer V, but I don't have any KOS or Eklipz Boys, but I like the idea !   :;):

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 26 2004 Jan.,17:19)
I'm with you Enginseer V, but I don't have any KOS or Eklipz Boys, but I like the idea ! ? :;):

In my case, I have a total of 1 Skorcha and 1 Landa belonging to the EBoyz - have got far to go.... :-:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's a start ... I have 30 Warbands in 3 Hordes.  Most a mix of all clans but one if primarily Blood Axe, another mostly Deff Skulz and then an "Allied Horde" wif sumz ove's each Orkzez clanz !   :;):

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 26 2004 Jan.,17:32)
It's a start ... I have 30 Warbands in 3 Hordes. ?Most a mix of all clans but one if primarily Blood Axe, another mostly Deff Skulz and then an "Allied Horde" wif sumz ove's each Orkzez clanz ! ? :;):

Wow - great, I always thought the D-skulls and B-Axes have loads of character. It's just that I can't resist red and yellow colour schemes (plus a soft spot for good old Nazdreg).
So - in view of all the alterations going on on the site - where do we sign up for ork clan smilies - not to mention ad-mech? Judging by the great thread on proprietary rights etc. (see Kult of Speed thread elsewhere) I guess we won't.  :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well you know me ... I don't like bright colors ! :laugh:  A lot of my Orkzez are metallics, or camo/tactical colors (green, gray, panzer yellow etc. !) :D .  I do have a red Nob bike leading one of my Nobz Mobz though !    :o   I love emoticons ... too bad we can't have them for each Epic Army ! :oo   OH !  I'm off to work !   See you all tonight !  If I don't get lost in a snow storm or eaten by a Yeti !  :o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 26 2004 Jan.,17:50)
Well you know me ... I don't like bright colors ! :laugh: ?A lot of my Orkzez are metallics, or camo/tactical colors (green, gray, panzer yellow etc. !) :D . ?I do have a red Nob bike leading one of my Nobz Mobz though ! ? ?:o ? I love emoticons ... too bad we can't have them for each Epic Army ! :oo ? OH ! ?I'm off to work ! ? See you all tonight ! ?If I don't get lost in a snow storm or eaten by a Yeti ! ?:o

What, you too all snowed up? We never can get the stuff here. No yeti's either.  :(
Re colours - well, my earlier armies were all black with a spot of drybrushing in different colours - which is why I never show pics of my chaos epic army - too dark. Same for chaos 40k and chaos whfb - I've ended up repainting most of my troops in the end. The big change came with the purchase of a large display cabinet - my wife made a single condition (well, apart from reserving a shelf for her own models - more than fair enough, I got four) - that I had to paint more visible models. This prompted a spate of marines with yellow shoulder pads, plans for yellow and black Bad Moonz (rather than black with a spot of yellow), my red and yellow epic eldar, and a promised white Tau 40k army. And loads of colourful daemons and characters for chaos WHFB, plus a start on a WHFB Empire army in red and yellow (again). Can't say I'm not trying.
:p

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Made it back through the snow, sleet and ice !  And no Yeti sightings ... it was too cold and they must have stayed home to watch T.V. !!!   :laugh:   I don't imagine Malta gets too cold being in the middle of the Med ! :laugh:  I figure hot and dry !  Well anyway I usually (98% of the time) use tactical/camo colors.  However I do admit they look dark in many cases, but that does not bother me.  That is the way "real" combat units look !  I guess I'm to well indoctrinated and study too much history !       :;):

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 27 2004 Jan.,04:35)
Made it back through the snow, sleet and ice ! ?And no Yeti sightings ... it was too cold and they must have stayed home to watch T.V. !!! ? :laugh: ? I don't imagine Malta gets too cold being in the middle of the Med ! :laugh: ?I figure hot and dry ! ?Well anyway I usually (98% of the time) use tactical/camo colors. ?However I do admit they look dark in many cases, but that does not bother me. ?That is the way "real" combat units look ! ?I guess I'm to well indoctrinated and study too much history ! ? ? ? :;):

Congrats on survival, L4! Re camo-oriented-indoctrination: I'm not personally indoctrinated, I usually just miss a few bolts and nuts off the top. But I like camo armies too - two problems: 1 - after so many dark models, I'm having fun painting brighter stuff, and can't stop; 2 - I'm TERRIBLE at painting any form of camo (bar one) and don't say my Eldar red-yellow substituted with e.g. greys could make a splinter pattern - I never manage to get a good balance with low tones; 3 - camo colours don't stick out in the new display case, so that would be going against wifely orders. Inconceivable!

Oh, re the one camo scheme I CAN paint: as you could guess from my poor camo-capability, it's the one used by German tank troops in Russia when things started to get hot and paint scarcer, and there was not enough time to muck about with carefully-laid out patterns etc. In the end poor Private Schmidt would have to go out in -20C (so you see, it's not just you L4) with a tin of paint and a frozen brush and apply a few hastyt streaks or just throw the paint at the tank's side. My fave is the standard sand yellow used after  - ah - 1942? with (instead of the usual red-brown and green) loads of white streaks for winter camo. I believe this was applied to the older grey base too, but prefer the white-on-sand. I built a 1/35 StugIII once in this scheme (hoping it was at some time used on the poor old Stugs). This, incidentally, is my favourite anti-tank vehicle - low, biggish gun, less flexible than a turrerted tank, but cheaper too, and still very useful. Of course the later Jagdpanther was better; but the poor (and more numerous) Stug was a nice old thing. Oh dear, am I rambling?
I desist.
Cheers.   :{
Oh - the weather (what else) - over here in winter the worst it does is creep down to around 4 degrees (over 0) at nights, but this is exceptional. Our problem is the high humidity: ten deg C here can be far colder than sub zero temps in the UK, I've found!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, I am very familiar with those camo schemes and AFVs, too. :) ?I used model 1/87th thru 1/35th scale models, so I just took that experience to Epic ! ?The GHQ site has some great pics of those and other models, most painted in various tac/camo colors. ?Well I'm going to try to work on some Epic today. ?And it is a balmy 33 degrees F here, with the promise of more snow, ice and rain ! :(

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: First star to the right, and straight on till morning.
New Eldar and Chaos lists up in the Vault!  Haven't checked out the Eldar list yet, but the Chaos list is pretty good, even though they cut the Lost and the Damned cult list out, to form its own list in the future.  The Chaos list is simpler and more streamlined, easier to use.  Plus, Chaos versions of the Reaver and Warhound! :)

my 2cents,

iblisdrax

"Hallo. My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die!"