Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AMTL 3.18

Post subject: Re: AMTL 3.18
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Earplugs? ;)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just curious as to what effect the Imperator has in games, especially blind tournaments?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Currently the Emperors are the only units I don't recommend for tournament play. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:04 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

if the TLD still proves problematic, I don't mind it being 30 points. I would like to see some batreps pop up on this though because I think with the other changes the list has gone through 25 points for the TLD might not be a problem anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

30 points for the TLD is much less problematic than 25, since it does still allow 3 for 100 with only 5 points wasted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

E&C would moving the Emperors into a Collector's section be more prudent? I would expect the list to be used in tournies (mine included) and it's a lot easier to not have to say "no Emperors" especially if they're still an "experimental" unit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
E&C would moving the Emperors into a Collector's section be more prudent?

That is the current plan for the Armies Book version of the list.

For this, the playtest version of the list, they'll be staying in for now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ahh gotcha. good to know! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

zombocom wrote:
30 points for the TLD is much less problematic than 25, since it does still allow 3 for 100 with only 5 points wasted.

...10 points wasted, since 30+30+30=90? Or am I missing a doubling-up cost somewhere?

And silly question perhaps, but why not make all weapons different multiples of 5pts? It would allow folks to jiggle configs around if they want to hit 3000pts exactly for example, but also doesn't penalise those who don't care if their force is 2995 or whatever. It would also allow greater weapon balance tweaking through points fiddling if you need it later on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Aren't there only 2 super titans in any of the lists and the Mega Gargant isn't fully in the gargant list anyway. Personally I don't think the Emperor Titans are too bad, at least compared to the Mega Gargants. I think moving the Emperors to a special section would be a good idea, then there would be less one-upmanship in other future titan lists. It would give a nod towards the Eldar Titan list to not put a super-titan in it's main list and certainly a while ago the impression on a Tyranid Bio-Titan list was that they shouldn't have anything bigger than the Hydraphant.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think moving the emperors would be good for now. I believe they are one segment of the list that has had very little serious play testing done.

It seems to me, though, that they are a huge amount of points in a list yet don't gain much for those points outside of extreme durability, difficulty to break, and eliminating a formation per turn. While this sounds like a lot of good things, and it is, taking one of them will leave you with very few activations and despite its massive size insane numbers of weapons, the emperor titans can still be forced to move if a scout unit uses their 15cm ZoC to overlap the titan and any unit within 15cm of an objective can count as contesting it.

It would seem to me that such a massive unit should never be forced to move because of ZoC or have a single enemy model contest an objective. Unfortunately I don't know of any acceptable method of changing objectives since its a tournament attribute. Perhaps giving them scout could help account for their capability to control territory around them and prevent them from being shifted via enemy scout Zoc? That's still a lot of rules tacked onto emperor titans though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I actually used both Emperors in a one off 6k game against Necrons last week, they both had their uses but struggled against Necron WE's, as should be expected really.

Would there be an interest in me putting battle reports up featuring the emperor titans for playtesting purposes? There's players here willing to play against them so no problem there, if you don't need any more data on performance I could just use a normal list.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

CaptainSenioris wrote:
I actually used both Emperors in a one off 6k game against Necrons last week, they both had their uses but struggled against Necron WE's, as should be expected really.

Would there be an interest in me putting battle reports up featuring the emperor titans for playtesting purposes? There's players here willing to play against them so no problem there, if you don't need any more data on performance I could just use a normal list.

I believe any and all battle reports of the AMTL would be helpful. You don't see many High Point values Battle Reports. It be awesome if you could post some. =)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Agreed, every AMTL bat rep is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm a little disappointed to see Basilisks removed, but I'm even more disappointed that artillery are only formations of six (I didn't notice the changes in v3.17, because the last time I played AdMech I used 3.16). I understand eliminating artillery companies, but it would be nice to have the flexibility of three or six like Forge Knights. I'm less likely to use artillery at 450 points, even if it is for six.

Edit: Oops, I guess I should have made this comment on the Skitarii thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next