Login |  Register |  FAQ

TOEG2010: JTG's Crimson Bondsmen

Post subject: TOEG2010: JTG's Crimson Bondsmen
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

well, i figured i should really get some pics up on this thing, so here goes a few WIPs

my planned list is a 4000pt Crimson Bondsmen list (though the list is somewhat dated, for instance i think the helltalons are now more expensive elsewhere)

Infantry Warband +3 Thaumaturges, fire support, hydra 475
Infantry Warband +3 Thaumaturges, fire support, hydra 475
Heavy Tank Warband Supreme Commander, hydra 550(BTS)
Stalk Tank 250
Super Heavy Tank Detachment 200
Super Heavy Tank Detachment 200
Artillery Detachment 250
Artillery Detachment 250
Deathstrike Detachment 200
Lesser Daemons x3 225
Greater Daemon 75
Harbinger Bomber 500
Helltalon Fighter Bombers 175
Helltalon Fighter Bombers 175

right now, i've plans for just about everything on there (still umming and ahhing about what to use for the greater daemon. i have a bunch of things on order from Reaper that i'll check out. might drop them for the expected up-pricing on the helltalons)

anyways, now for some pictures. firstly, my Ragnaroks.
these are DRM 'Cruiser' Chassis with EW 'Achilles' Turrets, and i think they're my new favourite looking tank.

for the Artillery, i am currently tossing up which way to go with my models. my initially planned option was to use the FW basalisk emplacement turrets on the back of Otter's chassis. this will allow me a nice big shield to draw my chaos stars onto, and will look pretty spiffy
the alternative is this
its the same 'Cruiser' Chassis, with the EW 'Apollo' turret. has the big advantage of nicely blending with the Ragnaroks. (though it does leave me with 6 of the other basalisks, which will look out of place. maybe save them for a LatD list)

any thoughts?

my Superheavies are probably going to be Stormswords. while i should probably go with the Baneblades for their AT abilities (something the list is relatively short on) i just can't really go past that Disrupt cannon. seems to fit beautifully with the blastmarker tactics this list will emply, and seems to suit the Shock And Awe vibe i get from the bloodpact.
for the superheavies, i will be using these beauties
(curtesy of the scary fellow, Apoc. he has also provided me with some fiendish Stalk Tank proxies, which i will probably put together tomorrow assuming i dont have anything else to do like, all day.)

and last of the pics, is the big girl herself, the Harbinger
(DRM Raveline Dropship, modified a fair bit. you cant see it from here, but she has a set of missile racks underneath)

thats all for tonight. BFTBG baby.

Post subject: Re: TOEG2010: JTG's Crimson Bondsmen
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like the tanks, and I like the SPG you've got a photo of there - I wouldn't change them. ;)

Apoc's models are brilliant, I love 'em!

And whilst I do like the Harbinger proxy, I wonder what you'll use for the other craft? It'd be good for them to fin in visually I think?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
This will be definately the first Chrimson Bondsmen army in the flesh :D Very cool.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thanks all, maybe tomorrow i'll get some paint on something

yeah, Apocs models are lovely, but boy are these ones not the easiest things to put together (i have one more scorpion that is mid-assembly, and am kinda dreading the 6 'stalk tanks' to come...)
i'm hoping peeps might get keen on the bondsmen, drum up support ya know. i really like them as a list, and would like to see some more love shown for the violent little buggers.

i have two different plans for the Helltalons, i'm waiting on their arrivals to decide, but it's probably going to be
Image (with the wingtips downswept slightly. should tie nicely in with the harby disadvantage is my reaper order only includes 1, so i'd need to make another one, which is delays)
or Image (mainly cause they're badass looking and will tie in with the dindrenzi fleet i am planning on using in a multi-layer campaign. this also means they'll fit in with a spaceship should i take one)

my other current plans are that the infantry will be primarily DRM jungle troops i think, with the coven being the ketzali priests. deathstrikes will be a combination of the mega-old models (which i have many of) with new IG HK missiles i suspect. not entirely sure how i wanna do Hydras. perhaps just the FW ones, though i have a bunch of the original GW ones, they might fit in better and for the daemons i am planning on using Zombo's awesome Repentia (because giant chainsaw wielding babes again fits the style these dudes seem to be rocking, and because i just can't seem to pass up a bit of pewter T&A in my armies.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ok, been a while, and though no serious painting (undercoating though) has taken place, i've not been idle. most of my work has been on preparing bases, but today i kicked back and did some other fiddling

firstly, the Helltalon showed up, so here's what it looks like a little more 'in the flesh'

secondly, while i wait for my basic infantry and tankmaking bits to finish arriving, i decided to make up my Thaumaturge Covens, here's what i came up with
right now i have 18 made up (enough for my 6 Covens if i put 3 on a base) and i'm hesitant to make more of the hoodless ones, i dont think they look as good as the hooded ones. depending on what happens with the basing tests, i may order another batch to make up a full 5 per base.
currently planning on painting them with grey robes and pale flesh, though i might make them as red masks rather than actual facetentacles.

i also got a set of potential greater daemon options, but they are a bit too shiny, so they didnt photograph well. i'll treat them to an inking and rephotograph them later on.

BFTBG and all that

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:33 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Those cthulhu-ketzali are a great idea.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Crimson Bondsmen, awesome! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
Those cthulhu-ketzali are a great idea.

+1 Extremely awesome idea.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Aye I think once painted up they'll look great.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Absolutely *love* these! :D

I really think they are very original and well-converted at this scale (and would make good Genestealer Hybrids too...), and I have to admit that I like the bare-headed ones as much as the hooded ones.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Where did you get those Troopers?!?!?

Nice Conversions! And I like the Hooded ones more! =)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Jaggedtoothgrin wrote:
ok, been a while, and though no serious painting (undercoating though) has taken place, i've not been idle. most of my work has been on preparing bases, but today i kicked back and did some other fiddling

firstly, the Helltalon showed up, so here's what it looks like a little more 'in the flesh'

secondly, while i wait for my basic infantry and tankmaking bits to finish arriving, i decided to make up my Thaumaturge Covens, here's what i came up with
right now i have 18 made up (enough for my 6 Covens if i put 3 on a base) and i'm hesitant to make more of the hoodless ones, i dont think they look as good as the hooded ones. depending on what happens with the basing tests, i may order another batch to make up a full 5 per base.
currently planning on painting them with grey robes and pale flesh, though i might make them as red masks rather than actual facetentacles.

i also got a set of potential greater daemon options, but they are a bit too shiny, so they didnt photograph well. i'll treat them to an inking and rephotograph them later on.

BFTBG and all that

Gorgeous infantry chap! Genius idea - Dom, steal/'be inspired' by that idea at once!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

glad people are liking them, i'm pretty pleased with them myself

the base trooper are Keltazi Priests from the Seeds Of War range. they normally have snouts sticking out from under the hoods or where the squid-bits come from, so i clipped/drilled/sanded them away and then started on the greenstuff (for those curious about how i did that part, i used a Colour Shaper to press the head part into the model to anchor the GS (the hoods where partly hollowed for this purpose) then using a sharp scalpel, i trimmed off the excess on the sides, and sliced the tentacle shapes downwards, using the knife to seperate and reposition the GS outwards, maybe trimming or shaping the ends to make them taper if needed. for the unhooded ones i had to do some extra smoothing over the heads (a slightly wettened colour shaper for that) and then eyeslits made from pressing the scalpel blade in from the edges)

perhaps a bit more detailed than anyone needs, but i figured i might as well cover it, incase someone like me with little similar experience might find it useful.

undercoated the models today, but got distracted and didnt actually do any other painting. that might take place over the weekend though