Login |  Register |  FAQ

Stomp Fest - Question for Ork collectors

Post subject: Stomp Fest - Question for Ork collectors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've seen a few people working on Orks and seen a few new conversions for Ork Stompers and reminded me of an abandoned project that I was working on a couple years ago. The project was named Stomp Fest, and I was trying to convert one Stomper for each Clan.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a few ideas and see if I can get that spark again to get into this again.

Stomp Fest - each clan gets one stompa and the aim is to stomp as many gretchins as possible. Rules... no shooting (but its doesnt mean you cant show off your guns).

Snakebites (Complete) - As they shun recently developed tech, they use a stompa void of any weapons... even arms

Goffs (Complete) - Tough orks, so they armed their Stompa with a Claw. No one said they couldnt crush as well as stomp.

Evil Sunz - fast, mount the Stompa on wheels?

Blood Axe - ??

Bad Moons - Rich and likes to show it. So they armed their Stompa to the teeth, even though they cant use them.

Deathskulls - ?? Possibly use IG, Eldar weapons for show?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Stomp Fest - Question for Ork collectors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lextar wrote:
Blood Axe - ??

Looted knight?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 am 
Man, now that's a cool idea.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:28 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Snakebites - Pulley-operated CC weapons would be cool. Archaic weapons platforms (like ballistas or black powder cannons) are another option.

Evil Sunz - Oversized boiler sticking out the back, "running" pose. Sunz have plenty of mechs, too, so exotic-looking weaponry is good.

Blood Axe - There's a "cheap stompa" how-to for 40K that's made from a Leman Russ on the Gargant Klubs website. Basically, it's a stompa torso on a russ body instead of legs. http://gargantklub.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Conversions2&action=display&thread=13

Deth Skulla - anything that looks more cobbled together than normal ork stuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm so temped to do a deathskulls army with everything looted, and stompas made from looted monoliths on tracks...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Goffs' Stoma would have big CC weapons. Any guns would be shoulder-mounted (so that they don't get in the way of choppin'), and any guns would also be more likely to be short-ranged big-bore things. CC weapons would be anything smashy or choppy or rippy. The Stompa head could have horns too.

Snakebites could have spring-powered weapons like spear guns, or black powder weapons. CC weapons would be crude things like giant choppas or hammers. Motility could be provided by steam-power, or Gretchin in a hamster wheel, or even be built onto the back of a very big Squig / smaller Squiggoth. The guns would be most likely to be belly-mounted (need the space if your guns are cruder, and it is easier to reload them), and they'd have a pair of CC arms.

Evil Sunz - weird energy/kustom weapons, perhaps even some giant Burnas. Less armour too (lighter = faster), but could have some sort of experimental forcefield projector instead? Red paint job plus tracks or longer legs for speed.

Blood Axe - would be reasonably plain and no-nonsense, perhaps with some looted imperial weaponry (some HK missiles, a LR Battlecannon, a Dreadnought CC weapon). The head could look helmeted and the shoulder/arms could look be armoured too. The eye-wateringly garish camo scheme is what makes it truly Blood Axe.

Deff Skulls would need to look completely junky. The weapons would look like lots of different smaller weapons from various sources all bolted together, and the CC weapon would be something crude that could be made with stolen scrap (like a wrecking ball or a big hammer/mace), or could be a junkyard-style tool that has been re-purposed, like a buzzsaw.

Bad Moonz Stompas would be expensive, so probably would have the biggest guns, and more arms than a regular Stompa (I'm thinking four). I think they'd be slightly bigger too, to show that they are more wealthy and can afford bigger killing machines - that seems the way an Ork would think to me. Oh, and some banners / icons too, just to show off a bit more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the ideas. A few have given me some ideas. I just need to find some parts now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just found a spiked roller that I think GW did a conversion on their 40K Stomper.

Which clan would you think would cheat the most?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deathskullz probably.