Login |  Register |  FAQ

Trafalgar pictorals

Post subject: Trafalgar pictorals
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I played a few games of Trafalgar today and taught a new player; maybe too well - he won both games! LOL  He played well but also was pretty lucky in several saving throws and fire rolls.  I couldn't make a save if my life depended on it unfortunately and might as well have thrown pitch on the fires aboard my vessels.

First game was French vs British; each side had two frigates a piece with no upgrades.

British frigates split fore and aft of the French vessels:

The French claim one British frigate:

The British return the favor:

The HMS Cerebus survives but is near crippled and easy prey for the last French frigate:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Game 2 was larger (1000 points) with Spanish vs British.  Spain fielded a renown vessel "Santisima Trinidad" with an Admiral, along with another SOL/1 with upgrades and a plain SOL/3.  British fielded the HMS Victory with an Admiral, another highly upgraded SOL/1 and a plain SOL/3.  Most of this second game was played under gale weather conditions.

The lines of battle clash as they round the island; the Brit SOL/3 takes severe damage from the two Spanish SOL/1's and is ablaze.  

The HMS Victory and the Spanish SOL/3 collide causing damage to both vessels and a boarding action is fought as the vessels are entangled by their rigging, half of the SOL/3 crew are killed before the vessels are no longer entangled and heave to from their stationary positions:

The S. Trinidad collides with the aft of the Brit SOL/3 taking more damage than she delivers and the two crews partake in a fruitless boarding action before the vessels move off:

No more pictures after that but with suffering some nasty critical hits the British fleet was in shambles with the SOL/3 adrift and crippled, both SOL/1's were badly damaged and forced to retire from the battlefield.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

:sign1: Very nice, what make are those ships?  

Nice report and i especially like the sea mat, where did you get that from? it looks the business.

Ive been tempted by trafalgar since it was released, how long does a typical/average game take to play?

Cheers
steve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The ships are from Valiant Enterprises, Fighting Sail 1/2000 scale.  The mat is just printed fabric.

Trafalgar can be pretty fast, it all depend son the size of the games.  Both our games, along with BS time, was played within 5 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Grand! They look the part - and I second the vote for the mat, it looks perfect  :cool:  :cool:  :cool: