Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next

Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!

Post subject: Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Blish @ 21 Jun. 2009, 11:57 )

There's a huge difference in giving your name and a email compared to buying lots of minis. I guess if people were buying their minis then they would still produce them. :mad:

CORRECT

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I suppose the thing to remember that the game has been out for I guess 15+ years or more I guess. As such for the last 10+years there has been no real support if any mention from GW on products like epics. Not even the odd battle report in a white dwarf, lets say every 3rd month, that there has been fairly little if not no new people to the great game of epics. Lets face facts most of us have what we need for the game, and only require the odd piece from time to time. :mad:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Steve54 @ 21 Jun. 2009, 07:15 )

This is in no way a criticism of the Malcadors that look like they will be fantastic. However I can't see how they would be a significant seller for FW - they are for a minor armylist with few players. I know there was a poll with large numbers but, to be blunt, talk is cheap - how many of those would actually come through when they price it up and think 3 for £15(can't see FW being less than that) and I need enough for 2 companies - so about £100 in all.

I was quite surprised by the poll results myself!

350+ examples of one tank is more than FW probably sell in Leman Russ variants in a whole year.

I agree that talk can be cheap. Our watery mammal says that you have to knock about 30% off what the poll says to find the real initial order figure.

I'd hope that FW could do them at 3 for £10, making them twice the price of Leman Russ (for the same ammount of components for the Defender & Valdor, one or two extra pieces for the other variants).

That without the issue of FW making rules which I think would be a disaster given that their FW rules are widley considered rubbish

I pitched rules written externally, then vetted and adopted by FW.

Like E&C I've heard that they aren't interested in doing infantry anymore - which I can't say I'm suprised at as they must have to replace so many orders thanks to damage and miscasts.
Aye. 'Quality Control' has come up several times as one of the considerations, and infantry are obviously harder to provide that quality with.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Order canceled by FW ... Damn you !!!  :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Khan @ 21 Jun. 2009, 14:59 )

What did you order?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (CyberShadow @ 21 Jun. 2009, 10:34 )

Unfortunately, entirely true. I fully expect to see no more Epic reappear beyond AI and Titans.

I agree C/S ... That's my intell assessment also ... :blues:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (frogbear @ 21 Jun. 2009, 12:25 )

Quote: (Blish @ 21 Jun. 2009, 11:57 )

There's a huge difference in giving your name and a email compared to buying lots of minis. I guess if people were buying their minis then they would still produce them. :mad:

CORRECT

Can't argue with that logic ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 21 Jun. 2009, 15:02 )

Quote: (Khan @ 21 Jun. 2009, 14:59 )

What did you order?

The first "Parthian Shot" ... :sigh:   However ... not totally uexpected, I guess ... :ghost:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
I would say:

- NetEA produces armylists.
- FW amends this lists perhabs puts them in one of their forthcoming IA books.
- FW makes promotion for Epic and the FW-Epic models.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I didn't propose printing them as that'd be extra investment, I proposed an absolute minimum investment/maximum financial reward strategy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

just to add my two cents on the idea of makeing things that look kinda sorta like necrons and tyranids.

non games workshop proxies are already available for both, if more effort is to be spent on producing infantry for either range ide rather see it as an underground or limited edition by an individual.

i know ill be buying more stuff from the aquatic mammal as its available and if E&C shares any of his tank (or titan) sculpts with the masses ill be thrilled. but i wouldnt spend my hard earned money on miniatures that are ALMOST what i wanted.

if folkes want to be original and create new models and armies im all for it, but hey be original then and make somthing NEW.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
I HATE proxys too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Perfect replicas of the 40k models would always be prefereable. However public visibility and availability means that people, who are not aware of these forums and/or would prefer to trade with a tracable company, have a viable proxy option. (Not implying that any of our local "suppliers" are in any way dishonest, but as an outsider you would't know that for certain). All I'm saying is that a "Skunk works" production would always tend to be more reserved for an inner circle. Proxies that are easily available (and with regards to the Skeletons wouldn't be modified any more than what the sloppy casting in the epic Character packs results in - ie. the blade under the Skeleton rifle missing, and that sort of thing) are quite simply more likely to get out to a lot of people.

Tyranids are tricky, but the skeletons would be so close to the original that I seriously doubt anyone but the top 5% of painters on this forum would be able to paint the un-modified skeletons to look any more Necron-ish than the proxy (Now there's a chalenge for an EpiComp painting competition right there :D ). As I mentioned in the Wargames Factory Android thread people put way too much into a name without actually looking at the model itself. This can be used to your advantage (as DRM did with their Andrayada - They were painted silver and called robots, but they don't look Necronish at all. People could have used them as Eldar or Space Marine proxies just as well)
With all respect to all the great CAD work being done right now but I think people are overexaggerating the importance of details compared to what can actually be picked out by your average painter. If we take the FW grey knights as an example, I've only seen a few that were actually painted well enough to really bring out the detail on those models. The FW Leman Russ tanks looks great but they are a royal pain in the posterior to shade and highlight properly with any other technique than washes and drybrushing, making camo paint jobs that aren't simply monochrome quite challenging. It is quite interesting to note how the fashion in painting styles and techniques change as models that invites to certain techniques become popular.

Anyway, I digress  :p

The point I was trying to make was simply that Skeletons with guns would be no less Necronish than the old Chaos Androids people have been quite happy with thus far. If I am then given the choice, I'd rather see them freely avaliable to everybody rather than a select few who frequent these forums :)

Rant over   :tongue:

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 21 Jun. 2009, 17:26 )

I didn't propose printing them as that'd be extra investment, I proposed an absolute minimum investment/maximum financial reward strategy.

I agree with you E&C ...  Keep costs to as low as possible ... (sound business sense, even if you are not Ferengi - FRoA #13  Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.)  :alien:  I'm not saying that F/W can't be involved ... but it appears for a number of reason ... They don't want to be involved.   Proxies, there are bunch of them available for most if not all Epic Armies. I know I have most of them ...  I believe that the only way, in the long run, to get certain Epic scale models is the "Underground Railroad" ...   :blues:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Perfect replicas of the 40k models would always be prefereable. However public visibility and availability means that people, who are not aware of these forums and/or would prefer to trade with a tracable company, have a viable proxy option ... quite simply more likely to get out to a lot of people.

I'd like both to be options, and one in no way to preclude the happening of the other.

Wider proxy availability for those that want it all for the good. I don't think anyone has said they have any problem with E/W altered proxies being made, just that they personally would not be interested. I wouldn't be - having seen the wonderful originals I wouldn't be happy with anything less. I'm a perfectionist I admit it, but I'd take your 'challenge' of painting the difference to show WMN :)

I also think think you're being a bit harsh on CAD detail; however good a painter you are it's inspirational to have great and well detailed models! The full detail is there for those that pick it out or blanket drybrush/wash, and the very best painters should be able to cope with two-tone camoflage if they choose to go for the challenge (slow careful drybrushing with a small brush in the camo areas could be one option).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next