Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Your space marine chapters

Post subject: Your space marine chapters
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: University of Essex, Colchester, UK (soon to be Brighton, Sussex, UK)
Look at the list of chapters. There is an entry for the deathwatch there.

Regards,

Xavi

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Mojarn- I'd forgotten where it came from.  And that bit of fiction was a good reminder too.

My ECW Blog: http://declaresir.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (nealhunt @ 31 2003 Oct.,01:48)
Someone said a while back that GW had only come up with a handful of chapters. ?According to the Ironhands group, they've actually made reference to about 200 in various official sources, with another 50 or so as being lost or destroyed. ?Their website with the details is:

http://www.ironhands.com/chapters.htm

There is also an "uber-list" of all known Fluffy Chapters, as well as Home grown ones here at the Liber Astartes Site:

Liber Astartes

Its a great resource with some nice links.  Some people have done amazing work in building their Chapters.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good research Morjarn !  I keep a copy of the SM1 rules (with all the other rules), within arms reach for quick reference in The War Room ... after all, that's what started it all !   :;):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Xavi! I found it, my orignial mistake was looking for "The Deathwatch" I feel stupid now...

However it doesn't tell me much more than what I already knew!

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all,
I'm practically newborn here (1 day old at epicomms), having landed yesterday as a result of seeing mention of the Epic painting competition and tracing the link. I'm an engineer, and anything with 'tech' or 'mech' in its names makes me happy so (end of fluff on myself)...
...I had started a chapter with very close links to the Adeptus Mechanicus, closer even than the Iron Hands. So I went for a  Martian red colour scheme and a number of the old robots used as Dreadnoughts. I was also planning some Skitarii regiments (Ad. Mech's own troops, based on Imperial Guard rules). Things were running nicely, and I even found a good name for the Marines - the Ares Guard. THEN someone mispronounced their name.....:oo
I havn't had the guts to continue that army yet. Maybe I'll just switch over to Iron Hands, if I figure out how to model Epic bionics.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi there!

Welcome on board man :D

Well, I would say the thing is the other way around: you don't need guts to continue  cool army in fluff and design. The one that should have guts is the one that has no idea about greek mythology or how to spell properly. If he wants to stain the world with such lowly jokes it is his problem, not yours.

I admit those jokes can be fun (I cll the Emperor the hamburguer in the fridge or Mr McDonalds) but they should not affect you at all. They are either a) jokes or b) inculture incarnated.

Do you have any fluff for those guys or pictures for them? I would like to see that :D

Again welcome on board and have a nice time around  :cool:

Health and a lot of sixes,

Xavi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

G'day there Vanvlak!

Welcome to the boards.  I'm really glad you found us through the Painting Comp- it means it is acheiving its aims as I spread the word pretty liberally around the place!

I think your Chapter sounds pretty good and I for one like (and can pronounce) the name...  Good luck with it, I hope you maintain the rage and I hope to see some more of it one day.

Best wishes and Welcome,
Tas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Awww, thanks guys - the Ares guard may just have been reprieved. I'll try to take some pics - but, better still, I think I have an idea for a better colour scheme than the original, which had vehicles and troops which looked like faded Blood Angels dropouts. Will try it out; snapshots by Monday, I hope.
Nice to be here, by the way, and thanks for the welcome.  Epic ('Space Marine' edition) was my very first GW game, and it's a shame that not many people play it here in Malta.
cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Back again: with a spot of fluff (the undetailed version):

The Ares Guard are believed a late-founding chapter, originally named Achaean Guard. Their founding world, Halicarnassos, was destroyed in the Scyrian incident, believed by the Inquisition to have been caused by the Demiurg. The Chapter Master, four companies and all the chapter's planet-based facilities were lost. After vainly searching for survivors, and for the cause of the incident, the remaining marines gathered near Ultramar, were they were summoned by Marneus Calgar, Master of the Ultramarines. Their captains met Calgar and an Inquisitor, believed to be Xeno Inquisiutor Hermes, on the Ultramarine Battlebarge Ultramar Invicta. The outcome was that a young captain, Nestor, was made chapter master, and the chapter received new colours and a new name - the Ares Guard. Half the chapter vessels departed for an unknown destination; the remainder departed for Mars. The Lords of Terra had decreed that the chapter was to be assigned as guardian of Mars. True to their nature, the secretive Adeptus Mechanicus disapproved of the arrangement, and permission to land on the planet was not granted for centuries. The Marines Communications between the marines, stationed on their ships close to the asteroid Ida, and the Adeptus Mechanicus were limited to functional traffic, and it was only through the diplomacy of Nestor that the tense situation never flared into open agression. The Necron raid on Mars altered matters, as the Ares Guard were involved in the destruction of the Shroud class raiders. Coincidentially, this preceded the arrival of an Adeptus Mechanicus Fleet at Mars which had been attacked by Necron raiders. An fortuitious intervention by the Battlebarge Bellerophon, one of the Ares Guard ships not allocated to Mars, saved the valuable transports and their cargo. Although a faction of the Adeptus Mechanicus view the intervention of the Bellerophon as a suspicious coincidence, the Ares Guard were at last welcomed on Mars.
Regrettably, Nestor had been severly injured in the Shroud action. Lacking available dreadnoughts and facilities, the Guard feared they would be leaderless again, but the Adeptus Mechanicus offered their services and implanted Nestor in an antique dreadnought, from which he serves as chapter master still, aided by his second in command Aias. With the help of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Ares Guard began to rearm. The dispersed ships were recalled, reoutfitted, and dispatcehd again on missions, sometiomes alone, sometimes alongside the Adeptus Mechanicus.

That's it. Sorry for the wordiness.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi... welcome from me.. nice fluff- very in keeping with GWs style today and nicely slotted into various bits...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks good so far :) Keep it up!

Health and a lot of sixes,

Xavi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice fluff, and it's good to see the Demiurg are doing something other than play with the Tau all the time!

Malta hey, good to see Epic is becoming a truly worldwide game! I bet it's kinda wormer their than in the Uk right now!

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks :laugh: I guess I'm now committed to the Ares Guard...
Malta warm? It's extremely humid and sticky and overcast today, feels like a Catachan jungle without the trees.  :{
I'd like to see more of the Demiurg too - so a pinch of enmity from my chapter helps me remember they exist and hope for more.

cheers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I guess you are committed, but most people on here have 2 or more projects going on at any one time...I think I have about 6 right now! So keep on going with them, but don't be afraid to take a break from it!

Also, what is the proposed composition of the Army? I bet titans are included....and a few Ordinatus vehicles would fit in well.

Cheers

Chris

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next