Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

My Necron Stuff

Post subject: My Necron Stuff
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have enough stuff for one more Necron Warrior Company, two more Destroyer Companies and one spare Eques each of Destroyers and Heavy Destroyers. I hope to use some Marines for at least one company of Immortals and I'm leaning towards modified Orks for Pariahs. I have enough  curved spiny bits (off Tyranid Warrior Guns) to make two phalanx of three Wraiths. I'll try and make at least two Phalanx of Flayed Ones also, probably using Eldar Striking Scorpions due to using all my Harlequins for Harlequins. I'll need to re-think the Tomb Stalker as I thing my construct fits better as a Warbarque instead. So I better get hunting for a Necron (Walker) Titan proxy. The 40K C'tan will be used for the Epic C'tan (about right as they are the same size as Greater Daemons). I've still to do a Monolith but I think it's do-able in card after what I've seen and done but i want to make it slightly bigger than a 20x20mm stand (I have just the thing) and I want to make another Tomb Spider since I enjoyed making the first one and it does look pretty neat, even if I do say so myself. I can make as many Obelisks (Necron Bedside lamps) as I can be bothered with but three would be fine for now so one to paint and one more to build. I want at least two pylons but one would be fine (some ideas but nothing concrete yet... and I'm presently making these...

WIP of my Abattior and the complete...ish construct for my Aeonic Orb.

Aeonic Orb.

I'd love to do the Raiders Aeonic Orb (among other Necron conversions) but I had already started on or got these parts before I thought to give it a look.  :_(  Orks for Necrons!.. I could have had millions of the little bleeders  :sigh:  *sigh*

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The most obvious Tomb Stalker is of course a 40k necron tomb spyder.

It's what i use for my abbatoir in EA actually...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The most obvious Tomb Stalker is of course a 40k necron tomb spyder.

It's what i use for my abbatoir in EA actually...

Yeah, that's was my first idea but then I kind of picked up one of the destroyers on the cheap and painted myself into a corner sort of speak.

I want an Abattoir like the totally awesome and inspiring illustrations in Raiders (Stugmeisters artwork?) with white/blue mixed with silver tendrils coming from beneath it... chilling Human League Circus of Death stuff...

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Do you ever get those moments when you look again at a model and realise something new about it?..

For example my Aeonic Orb as it is without paint, to me looks like the Necrons have cheered up and have made a fun, fun, fun bubble making machine in order make up for all the needless slaughter...  :ghost:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:57 pm 
Make it pink, for an additional layer of irony.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil looking bunch !!! :alien: Even if some are still WIP !   :alien:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Make it pink, for an additional layer of irony.

:vD  Perhaps balloon animals may be more their style.

The Abattior of Death (WIP)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Aeonic Orb... I've still got some painting to do but I wanted to see what you all think of the orb. I mixed silver/white and goblin green to help reflect the camera light. This is the first attempt at this style, does it look ok?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You know... you are allowed to say it's shite if that's what you think.  :whistle:  I'm not too sure if I like it myself either.   :sus:

I have since made some small changes and will have it fully painted and posted later.  :oh:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Warhead, the rest of your stuff looks fantastic.  I have my own personal feelings of how the Orb should look based on the old concept drawings and my own preferences of course.  I never liked the 'open' orb look because it doesn't strike me as a viable structure, even the ones that I put in Raiders under the modeling section.  I just envision some sort of housing around the Orb as a better way to go - that's just me, though.  Others will probably like yours quite a bit.

Please don't be offended - you did ask for feedback though.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:44 pm 
I dunno, dude. It looks like a gas giant sitting on a destroyer. So, it's not in the crap category, but it doesn't make my nipples hard, either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Let me say you can do better than that. :shutup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks, honest opinions are always of more value...

I have no delusions as to how this looks next to another Orb construct by the way... I just stuck stuff together as best I could with what I had... Oh dear, was that an excuse?..

I dunno, dude. It looks like a gas giant sitting on a destroyer. So, it's not in the crap category, but it doesn't make my nipples hard, either.

I couldn't put it better myself. That is an exact description of how I feel about it too.

I think I may be stuck with this until it annoys me enough to re-do it. I've been wondering about the enclosed thing and if I can see a way to do it I will. Even if I could extend the back ridge and somehow have the small backbone ridge thingy come over the top... nah, it's screwed.

I have put spikes around the orb at the bottom. They aren't painted yet as they are a bit of an afterthought and the parts only got delivered today. Perhaps a case of good money after bad and too little too late. Ah, well. Some you lose...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And another. Haha suffer damn you!...  :devil:   :vD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next