Login |  Register |  FAQ

Eldar Knights vs Imperial Guard

Post subject: Eldar Knights vs Imperial Guard
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi All,

My inaugural Batrep for 2008.  Dusted off the Eldar Knights  for their first NetEpic battle.  My Army:

Eldar Knight Host
Eldar Knight Host
Defender Warhost
Jetbike Host
Baron
Warlock x2
Harlequinns
Firestorm AA
Fire Knight Detachment (3 Fire Storm)

Facing off against the whole of the First Necromundan Armoured apparently....lots of Leman Rus supported by a few Superheavies  :p

Turn 1:  

Initiative Eldar Knight forces:

The Table

Both detachments of Bright Stalkers tried to regain the abandoned Webway portal, while most of the Knight hosts advanced through the ruined human city outskirts.

Charge!

Knights advance

Jetbikes raced forward, zooming though the ruins with abandon.  Fire from Imperial tanks anti-personnel weapons sent the odd bike careening into walls however.   Towering and Fire Knights followed closely behind, their outlines distorted by their shimmering holo-fields.  

The Imperial Tank Division

From across the battlefield came a steady rumbling thunder as scores of human tanks advanced.  With no opposition a squadron of Vultures screamed across the Eldar left flank, tracked the entire way by the Firestorm but just too far away to be engaged. The detachment of Fire Storm knights opened procedings, unleashing their long-ranged missiles on a Shadowsword and some Leman Rus.  The missiles were accurate but the Imperial tanks shrugged off the hits.  Return barrages from the Rocket company were less accurate and equally ineffective.  The Eldar Knights peppered the advancing Imperial tanks with fire from their Maelstom lasers, but despite scoring numerous hits, not a single Leman Rus was destroyed.  The Falcons popped up to show their noble comrades how things are done, but the only result was a Falcon vapourised by Volcano cannon snap shot from a Shadowsword.

A melee in the centre of the field between Jetbikes and Demolishers ended in a 1-1 tie.  Advance fire was much more prevalent and effective.  A Towering Destroyer finally managed to destroy an Imperial Tank and their Baron followed up by destroying the victorious Demolisher.  The Bright Stallions on the left were dealt with roughly.  Executors and Shadow Swords reduced 3 of graceful Eldar machines to scrap in quick succession.

Eldar 22 v Imperial 20

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 2

Initiative Imperial Guard

Overview of the Battle

Much of the Imperial tank horde continued to advance, putting pressure on the left flank of the Eldar.  The Knight Commander recognised that and ordered the Towering knights to slip left while the Fire Knights continued forward to consolidate the ruined city.  The Guard commander recognised the importance of the Webway portal and his MBTs made a concerted push for it with a mighty Stormhammer in support.

Contact

The Eldar jetbikes continued to harass the Imperial armour but again their point defense weapons met with success.   The Imperial tanks just rumbled forward ignoring the Eldar skimmers.  The supporting Vypers primed their Shuriken cannon.

Tables had been turned and now the left flank was a target rich environment for the Eldar forces.  The two Defender detachments opened fire, destroying 3 Leman Rus and knocking a Vulture out of the air.  The Eldar forces poured fire into the Stormhammer but it appeared the huge tank was invulnerable.  

Fire on the right flank was desultory, though a long range shot from a Fire Gale did manage to damage the command Shadow Sword.  In the centre the Vypers failed to hit anything but the Imperial tanks mowed down numerous Eldar jetbikes.  They had little luck targetting the enemy Knights however.

In the last action of the turn a surviving Bright Stallion punched 2 shots through the armor of the Storm Hammer and the giant vehicle finally ground to a stop with smoke billowing from blown hatches.  The Eldar could not stop the Imperial tanks from capturing the Portal however.

Eldar 37 vs Imperial 26

Turn 3
Initiative Eldar

Units thinning

With the left flank nearly scoured of units, the Eldar Knights continue to reposition.  Towering Destroyers move around the tank depot and Fire Gales try to flank the remaining Imperial tanks.  For their part, the Imperial forces shrug off their losses and continue to push ahead.

Tank Assault

Seeing a tall Eldar war machine step from behind a building, one audacious commander successfully rams it with his tank.  In return the Knights comrades quickly turn the tank to slag.

The Imperial forces wipe out the last of the Bright Stallions but the return fire from the Eldar proves brutal.  Many of the medium tanks are destroyed and ripple fire from a trio of Falcons overwhelm the defenses of a Shadow Sword.  The first of the Fire Gales is brought down by an Executioner and Vultures account for some Guardians.

Despite the carnage, the Imperial forces still hold the Webway Portal, though jetbikes are contesting their hold of the centre.  The Imperials are bloodied but unbowed, and having failed to secure the portal in time, the Warlocks order the Knight hosts to withdraw.

Eldar 37 vs Imperial 21

Last edited by zap123 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tank Assault

thats one hell of a brave leman russ!!!
:D

look forward to the text.

skitari: built
Eldar: in boxes
Orks: built, gargants painted
Ultra marines: 5 companies
Thousand sones: 5 companies (unpainted)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Eldar Knights are among my favorite minis. I'm looking forward to a good read.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great looking models and terrain !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I'm extremely curious to see how the eldar knights did. It's not everyday you see those classic models fielded.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(primarch @ Feb. 01 2008,22:18)
I'm extremely curious to see how the eldar knights did. It's not everyday you see those classic models fielded.

My thoughts exactly.  Can't wait for the full report.

Laters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It was a pretty cool battle.  I forgot to place my Harlequinns so they started turn 2 on the baseline, and had no effect on the game at all.  First turn and Mike must have made a dozen armour saves on his Leman Rus's....all at -2!  He had pretty dire luck with his Rocket Company and moral checks most of the game though.  Third turn went the Eldar way and although the Knights killed a bucket of units, I actually didn't get any more VPs so the only change was my bikes contesting one of the objectives Mike held.  By that stage it was late so we called it.

The Knight army played pretty well I think.  I was lucky that Mike didn't really have a lot of assault capability as the Eldar knights are actually fairly weak in the respect.  Holo-fields certainly came into play, but the Stallions were hit with a lot of fire and vapourised.  A different army might mince them but I think it's reasonably balanced.  No titans on either side was a bit of a surprise...can't remember the last time that happened :p

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

He had pretty dire luck with his Rocket Company and moral checks most of the game though.

Story of my gaming life...although, I have worked out since that I was doing the rockets wrong - they might prove useful after all.

As for the brave Leman Russ - his company was already in shreds behind him, and that knight needed to die. And, he did it, too!

Schlock Mercenary