Login |  Register |  FAQ

Squats Vs IG 5000 points

Post subject: Squats Vs IG 5000 points
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, here is a battle report where Squats fought against IG in a 5000 points battle.

Epic week-end: 2 terrains, 4 opponents, 4 armies, 4 battles and a lot of fun :)

GI Vs Squats
The first battle opposed my Squats to an IG force (both minis are mine but I shared my IG army to my friend).
IG army was really heavy (2 leviathans, 2 shadowsword companies...). I keep cool, I don't think such an army composition could block my plans.

Squats deploiment( from right flanck to left):

Top right: a biker guild is ready to run deep in right flanck, . A mega-canon Goliath is hidden behind forest and is protected by an Overlord (my opponent has 3 thunderbolts detachments)...

The Cyclop is placed to have LOS on the ennemy road part to be able to shoot a Leviathan on 1? turn.

Gyros are placed in the center to be able to go quite anywhere on the table to support. Thunderfires are placed in the center to get maximum LOS on ennemy fliers. I think that they will not live later than 1? turn but I want to take down fliers as fast as possible. Brotherhood thunderers are placed to get maximum LOS.

The complete train (7 wagons!) is ready to go on the road.  Colossus will climb the little hill to get LOS on enemy force.

Left flank, I have the same units than on right flank with the same mission (Guild bikers will run deep, Goliath is hidden and Overlord protects it).

IG placement (from left to right)
- Left: 2 TB detachments and a mechanized assault guardmens with comissar are ready to run and take the radar station objective.

Blue Leviathan with a complete heavy guardmen company will go in the town. They are protected by a Russ company.

The other Leviathan is on the road to get max LOS, on its right the 2 shadowswords companies will climb the hill to get LOS on my pretorians.

Assault guardmen start hidden and are protected by some Leman Russ from the 2? Leman Russ company.

The 3? TB detachment is on right flank with some Russ from 2? company.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Global deploy for the 2 armies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 1

On my right flank, a TB detachment engages in CC my overlord. The 6 PDs are enough to destroy the all (3 hits, 3 saves failed)...2? TB detachment will stay away from the floater. Bikers charged but stay hidden enough for the 2? turn charge. Trikes advanced to use the melta against TB that are not at high altitude. In the center, Cyclop advanced to have a Leviathan in LOS. Brotherhood charged and entered in the town. Thunderers are on FF order.

On left flank, bikers charged as far away as possible and hide behind a forest from Leman Russ. Colossus reached top of the hill. Some Berserkers runs toward the factory to take the objective in 2? turn that was taken by bikers charge. Train started on FF to launch atomic bomb and be able to re-roll AA missed dices. A TB detachment flyed over the factory and 1 flyer was shot by an overlord. The floater will be destroyed by a shadowsword shot.
Squats pretorians, Goliaths and train throwed all their barrage firepower and 17 barrage templates are placed...A complete shadowsword company is destroyed, 4 russ and  some assault guardsmen from forest are cut in pieces. Colossus shot at the road Leviathan and let it with no shield. Cyclop tur has come...The hellfury Cannon hits the Leviathan bridge and destroy it...Trikes on right flank fired at TH and destroyed them.

During this first turn, IG destroyed 2 gyros, a ThunderFire and 1 train recon gyro. Colossus lost some shields. Turn 1 is quite cool for me, few losses and dices are with me, I hope to get the same chance in turn 2 for the incoming CC.

Pic of the battlefield at the end of turn 1. My plan is still viable, IG suffered a lot of damage during this turn and even if CC are in my favor, my opponent will not be able to reach me at VP. Squats lead the score 38 vs 15 (4 objectives vs 2)

Turn 2
Sorry, only one pic for this turn. I'm quite worry for CC as I need to engage my bikes in CC against Leman Russ. I have a better CAF but Russ have a good firepower...Trikes will support bikes with their fire power and stay in advance order. While they are alive, IG will not gain the VP for guild bikers company. After having seen the first leviathan being destroyed, the heavy guardmen company disembark from the Leviathan and reach cover in town buildings. The last TB detachment tried to move but AA snaped fire them and destroy some of them. Surviving Thunderfire shot at a shadowsword and destroyed it. The last Shadowsword felt back. All Leman Russ were finally in advance orders...and few Pds hit my bikes. All squat artillery shot at a building and it was very hard to destroy it. IG player discovered why I tried so hard to destroy it...my Cyclop now has LOS on the last Leviathan...but I missed a lot of shots and left it with 3 shields. Cyclop remove another one with the Hellfury cannon but no more. CC will be balanced. 3 Russ will be destroyed in the town and 3 in the forest. Enough to get VP for both companies. Mostly all troops from mechanised detachment will be killed on the radar station leaving 1 chimera and 1 stand but the objective is contested by the surviving gyro.

Conclusion:
Quite all IG companies and detachment are breaked (except 1 Leviathan, Heavy guardsmen company and comissar). It was the first NetEpic game for my opponent and he did some mistakes with orders (Leman Russ should have been on FF order...and the heavy company did not use its firepower during the game...)

Squats won the game 65 Vs 8 (5 objectives Vs 0) at the end of turn 2.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow, awesome looking battle, but you guys seriously need a bigger table :p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Zap ;)

I know I know, my table is not large enough...I'll try to solve this size problem for the future battles  :p .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(zap123 @ Jan. 09 2008,05:59)
Wow, awesome looking battle, but you guys seriously need a bigger table :p

I was thinking the same thing.  :D  I know a table that's less than 4 feet across really favors Squats, given the slow speed of their Super Heavies. The last time I played my Squats against my nephew's Eldar, we played on a table that was only 3.5 feet across. I chewed up his army pretty quickly, because I was able to bring everything in range faster.

Yay, victory for the Squats.  :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I can't wait for the translations, since I really want to read the report!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Translation done, sorry for the many mistakes, my english writing is not good...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(scream @ Jan. 10 2008,10:11)
Translation done, sorry for the many mistakes, my english writing is not good...

What are you talking about? Your English is fine.

Thanks for the translation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Many Thanks!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold