Login |  Register |  FAQ

BFG Campaign at RGMB

Post subject: BFG Campaign at RGMB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The new BFG campaign kicked off last Tuesday, My Orks seem to be doing well and generating a pleasing degree of fear amongst the other Admirals, human and Xenos alike...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.c....0767446

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey, Could you post here the battle reports of your battles? it would be good to read about your exploits (specially since i have known so few succesfull ork admirals)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

http://blog.myspace.com/index.c....9055423
Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gothic Campaign Kicks Off
Current mood:  accomplished
Category: Games

Space, the infinite void, the darkness between the lights of civilised worlds...

Now home to Orks!

Human spacecraft set out to conquer the void in at least 5 battlefleets. At least 3 of them got their teeth kicked in by Xenos and Heretics! The Eldar of a nameless Craftworld forced an ignominious retreat by the Crimson Fists Astartes, a Demiurg fleet stoutly resisted the advances of the Imperial Navy with both the Eldar Prince and Kor'O recieving 5 renown points but then came the Orks of Waaagh Ripskar;

The Imperial Navy had set bait, a Dominator class cruiser, and the Orks went for it. The trap however misfired badly as the Imperial reinforcements found themselves eyeball to eyeball with a trio of Roks. A Dictator class bore the brunt of it, being crippled in a single salvo. At this point the bait Dominator gave up the struggle for existance and was vaporised in a plasma drive overload taking a skwadron of attack ships with it.

The Dictator failed to hold out any longer either, being hulked by the Rok's second salvo. The surviving Dominator and Firestorm attempted to disengage but only the frigate made it. The Dominator winding up with it's vulnerable stern to the Roks at point blank...

Ripskar gained 10 renown points being promoted to "Boss".

The Heretics results weren't in when I left but it didn't look good for the Imperial ambitions...

WAAAGH!!!

23:59 - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

RGMB

A shocking evening for the Imperials all round with every fleet being hurled back by the might of their enemies. Will there be revenge, or more disappointment and destruction next week? And can anyone dispose of this upstart ork 'Ripskar'!

Posted by RGMB on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 10:31

This is my report of the first battle, posted on my Myspace blog.
The scenario was Bait with a Dominator being the bait which was later reinforced by a second dominator, a dictator and 2 Firestorms. I had a Terror Ship with warlord and extra powerfield, 3 Roks and a skwadron of 4 Onslaught and 2 Ravager attackships.
The Imperial subplot was Surprise Attack so I couldn't AAF for the first turn.
My subplot was Experimental Ship so my Terror ship got +1 Ld for -2 hit points.
The bait ship managed to shoot a Ravager and an Onslaught  before it went down, the resultant plasma drive overload took out the rest of the attack ship skwadron.
Just before it went the reinforcements turned up on the right, around 30-40cm from my Roks which Locked On, crippling the Dictator on the first salvo.
The Imperials failed special orders and achieved nothing in particular.
The Terror ship reloaded but the roks failed to Lock on, but still reduced the Dictator to a burning hulk, the terror ship launched assault boats which took out a firestorm, (I would have taken both but the second wave hit a blast marker).
The Firestorm disengaged and the dominator failed leaving it at the mercy of my fleet, stern on, range under 15cm. Needless to say the Imperial player gave up there and then.

Battle 2 coming up Tommorrow, Report to be posted Wednesday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Try to take pics, please!

By the way, i enjoyed your battle report.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Camera not available... :blues:

Last night the campaign organiser didn't turn up, nor did any of the Imperial commanders...
I organised an ad-hoc game with the club web master who has an imperial fleet.
He rolled up a Convoy run and used my entire collection of transports; 4 heavy transports and 18 standard transports.
His fleet was technically illegal with a Mars, an Overlord, 2 Gothics, a Dauntless, 4 Swords and 4 Cobras.

My force consisted of;
2X 1 deadfall torpedo salvo/ attack craft wing
2X 2 deadfall torpedo salvoes/ attack craft wings
2X 3 deadfall torpedo salvoes/ attack craft wings
2X 4 Brute Ram Ship Skwadrons
2X 3 Onslaught Attack Ship Skwadrons
1X 3 Ravager Attack Ship Skwadron
1X Terror ship with extra power field.

The game started spectacularly with both Ram Ship Skwadrons and 3 ordnance waves being revealed by the Imperial fleet as it entered the board.
On the left of the convoy a single Ram Ship was taken out and the cobras knocked out the deadfall torpedo salvo but the 2 wings of Assault boats were left unharmed as the Mars' Fighters were just out of range.
The wings split to take out 2 Cobras and a Transport.
The Ram Ships went AAF and on the right of the convoy smashed the Swords, caused a hit on a heavy transport and another on the Overlord with 2 ships surviving.
On the left they caused 2 hits on the Dauntless and knocked out a transport with no survivors.
I revealed a wing of assault boats at the far end of the board which began their approach and the Imperial fighters moved to the centre of the board.
The Cobras revealed an Onlsaught skwadron and the Overlord shot one. The fighters moved around aimlessly and the Assault Boats approached the centre of the table.
I revealed 3 more Assault Boat wings at the far end of the table which began their approach, the Onslaughts Locked On and wiped out the Cobras. The Fighters took out the front assault boats.
The Dauntless revealed the second Onslaught skwadron and the Ravager skwadron. The Mars fired its Nova Cannon and killed an Onslaught, the Overlord failed to kill the first Onslaught skwadron and the remaining fighters moved to block the approaching assault boats.
I revealed another group of assault boats at the far end of the table, the 1st Onslaughts failed to lock on, went after the transports on the right of the convoy and caused 1 point of damage on the heavy transport that had been rammed at the start. The other attack ships reduced the Dauntless to a blazing hulk and caused 3 hits on the Mars. Assault boats took out 2 transports and a third was torpedoed.
The transports surrounded the 1st Onslaught skwadron and killed both of them with some help from a Gothic.
The convoy was overrun with assault boats and another 2 transports went down, despite incredible turret rolls and one of them rolling a 1 for it's attack.
I revealed the Terror Ship which crippled the Mars leaving it with 2 hits, The Ravagers reloaded and the Onslaughts shot another transport, one got torpedoed and one went down to an assault boat.
A Gothic class ran over a wave of assault boats and lost its prow armament, the Overlord and the other Gothic took out 2 ravagers with help from the transports, one of which was lost to an assault boat.
The last contact marker was 2 ordnance waves, the Terror ship reloaded, the ravager failed. The Onslaughts failed to hit . The assault boats got wiped out by turrets!
The Mars finally managed to reload! :p  (Cue celebrations from the Fleet Admiral) The Terror ship was crippled by sustained fire from any ship that could, plus 2 bomber squadrons, and got Thrusters damaged. The remaining attack ships were shot, mainly by a Gothic ?class.
The Terror ship failed to reload and coasted in front of the heavy transports...
The transports surrounded the terror ship and reduced it to a drifting hulk.

Conclusion: You need large skwadrons with orks, the small ones you get from the convoy table don't work. :glare:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, that's a bit frustrating scenario for both parts, trust me. Anyway, it's a bit strange that the transports finished the job... it reminds me my legendary SFB games...

Anyway, i hope you get a camera for your next engagement. It would be good to see pics attached to your Battlereports