Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Forgeworld Epic Space Marine Vehicles!

Post subject: Forgeworld Epic Space Marine Vehicles!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Eh, A gazillion cool new things they could do and instead we get Mk4 Rhinos and Mk27 Land Raiders.  Phooey, no money from me this time FW.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:44 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

MORE landraiders and rhinos?? Your kidding me... :O

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey guys.

Yep I had it confirmed they will be releasing Rhinos and Land Raiders.

I held examples of each in my hands a while back, and the detail is *exceptional*.

Each track link on the catapillar treads are individually detailed with gripping treads, miniature aquillas etc.

Extra info:

They did indeed cast the doors seperately... so special chapter variants aren't impossible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How about some SM infantry to replace the badly outdated Assault and Devs we've had for something like 15 years ? I'd pay some good money for variant Devastators with a large array of heavy weapons... Oh, and variant Terminators, while you're at it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:56 am 

(CorwinB @ Feb. 27 2007,19:49)
How about some SM infantry to replace the badly outdated Assault and Devs we've had for something like 15 years ? I'd pay some good money for variant Devastators with a large array of heavy weapons... Oh, and variant Terminators, while you're at it. :)

Testify!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes ... Yes ... my old rant ... again ... F/W makes more of something we already have ... I don't get it either ! ? Zap said it what I was thinking as soon as I saw the post ... Mk.4 or 5 or 6 Rhino and a Mk.27, 28 etc. Land Raider ? ? ?E&C or whoever has those guyz ear ... I know they made them for the AI T/Hawk Transport, so releasing them separately just figures ... ?BUT if they are going to make something for 6mm AI, Epic, whatever ... how about something NEW !!! ? That would be a novel thought !!! ?6mm Necrons, Chaos, etc. ... ? And DoK don't need 15 versions of their stuff in 6mm to be out of scale with the G/W DoK IG ... ?They are IG ... we don't need no sticking IG ! ? Make a Frakking Gorgon that wouldn't be bad ! ? We have not seen a Gorgon released in years, a decade maybe !   But not another Leman Russ version or SHT !!!! ? ?WE NEED SOMETHING NEW !!!!! ? Do you @#$%^<>*(!!!! at F/W hear me !!! ? :angry: ? ? ? OR not ... :blush: :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The best way to get something new from FW Epic-wise is to buy shitloads of Rhinos and Land Raiders when they're released.

They're experimenting coming back to ground-vehicle Epic production with these pieces, by picking very popular models (Space Marines, of course!).

The second best way is to wait for me to hand in our petition in one month and see what Tony C thinks of it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I hope the reason they're doing yet-more Rhinos/Land Raiders is because they're going to do variant sculpts for Chaos versions... :;): :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They are doing them because they need them for the Thunderhawk lander. To be honest I'm rather surprised and happy that they are selling them separately.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(The_Real_Chris @ Feb. 27 2007,18:39)
I hope its cheaper land raiders than the extortionate SG ones.

I have a feeling price will be 10? for 2.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The existing Grey Knight land raiders are 2 for ?10,hopefully the rhinos will be 3 for ?5 similar to the chimera/leman russ Variants.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thats a bit poor, its 4 'Raiders for ?18 and 6 rhinos for ?10 from SG.

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:34 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

(Evil and Chaos @ Feb. 28 2007,10:23)
The best way to get something new from FW Epic-wise is to buy shitloads of Rhinos and Land Raiders when they're released.

I disagree with this sentiment.

This isn't a fund raiser for charity where you buy over-priced stuff you don't need.  They're a for-profit company.

I'd readily buy stuff from FW if they would just produce stuff I want.  I have multiple FW Orkosauruses, Battlewagons (Forts) and Ork aircraft.  One of the guys I play with has a Tau army.  We have between us enough FW buildings to do an entire board with heavy urban terrain.  Between us (just 2 of us actually) we probably bought a couple thousand dollars worth of FW stuff over the past couple years.  We have these things because FW produced good miniatures that we wanted, not because we felt obligated to prop up their stockholders' bank accounts.

If they can't produce stuff people want, they aren't really supporting Epic anyway.  Producing worthless stuff or not producing at all - what's the difference?  From a practical perspective, no difference at all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If they can't produce stuff people want, they aren't really supporting Epic anyway.  Producing worthless stuff or not producing at all - what's the difference?  From a practical perspective, no difference at all.

I totally agree with you. I apparently don't have as much to spend as you Neal, but I'm not going to buy anything I don't want on the off chance that my ?50 is going to inspire them to produce something I actually do want.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next