Login |  Register |  FAQ

Help with a Biel-Tan List

Post subject: Help with a Biel-Tan List
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:33 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

So all of the talk of Eldar reminded me that back in the dusty corners of my studio is a long forgotten Eldar army that was to be my next army about three next armies ago and that I should probably get around to that once the Knights were done. After taking inventory it's pretty clear I had SOME ideas on what I was doing but it's now more of a kitchen sink of random formations and I need some help sorting through it all and building a list or two.

Here's what I've got to work with:
8x Ranger stands
2x Vampire Raider
1x Avatar
8x Swooping Hawk stands + Exarch /Autarch (because face it, who doesn't have 20 SH Exarchs)
5x Striking Scorpion stands
3x Dark Reaper stands + Exarch (group with previous)
6x Fire Dragon stands + Exarch
2x Dire Avenger stnds + Exarch (group with previous)
2x Farseer stands
10x Guardian stands
4x Heavy Weapons stands
6x Support Weapons stands
6x Wraithguard stands
6x Wraithlords
4x Howling Banshees + Exarch
4x Warp Spiders +Exarch (Group with previous)
8x Jetbike/ Shining Spears stands
4x Vypers
22x Old plastic Falcons
2x Storm Serpents
1x Scorpion
2x Revenants

From how it's all divided, I think I'd set up these as aspect hosts based on how I saw them synergizing to get the max hits or able to nuke something before they could retaliate with FS:

8x Swooping Hawks
5x Striking Scorpions + 3x Dark Reapers
6x Fire Dragons + 2x Dire Avengers
4x Howling Banshee + 4x Warp Spiders

I think I'd set up two Guardian hosts each swapping out two Guardians for Heavy Weapons and having the option for Wraithguard, Wraithlords, and Support Platforms.

Any thoughts on what I should take? I'd originally planned to do a wing extension on the falcons that I could print out and use to modify them to look more like the modern Eldar stuff but I'm now thinking pretty seriously about the Eloi stuff instead as the price and look are a good fit.

I'd appreciate any help!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Help with a Biel-Tan List
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Vaaish

Given the list of minis you have at present I would initially look at list along these lines.

REVENANT TITANS [650]
2 Revenant Titans

ASPECT WARRIOR WARHOST [400]
8 Shining Spear, Exarch, Autarch

ASPECT WARRIOR WARHOST [350]
2 Exarch, 8 Swooping Hawk

GUARDIAN WARHOST [200]
Farseer, 5 Guardians, 2 Heavy Weapon Platform, 3 Support Weapon Platforms

GUARDIAN WARHOST [150]
Farseer, 5 Guardians, 2 Heavy Weapon Platform

RANGER TROUPE [100]
4 Ranger

RANGER TROUPE [100]
4 Ranger

SWORDS OF VAUL TROUPE [250]
3 Falcon, 2 Fire Storm

SWORDS OF VAUL TROUPE [250]
3 Falcon, 2 Fire Storm

ENGINE OF VAUL TROUPE [250]
Scorpion

ENGINE OF VAUL TROUPE [250]
Storm Serpent

WRAITHGATE [50]

You would need to convert 4 of your falcons to fire storms but that should be to hard.
The list it would be about two elements. The first of which is your med range shooting through your revs, SOV and you have the scorpion to help hit the enemy deployment turn 1 if needed for potentially taking out threats like Death strikes.
Your second element is your assault forces, lead by your aspects and the avatar these can achieve great things. I choose the hawks as they are quick, and offer great flexibility to the list. You can use them out of the gate, deep strike them or even deploy as normal. The spears are also great and its no secret that these are my favourite aspect. The guardians are there to back up the aspects and launch the avatar. The larger formation of them could make a useful blitz guard on overwatch seen all your other units aren't static and will be on the move. Your single storm serpent will be a target for sure but you have the wraith gate as back up, but in saying that i probably wouldn't have more than two formations in the web. Don't feel obliged to put any in if you have concerns about a particular opponent.
The rangers are great with heaps of various applications but i am sure you would know how to use them.

Anyway given what you have thats where I would start and expand from there. I hope that helps.

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:00 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thank's Mic! I've been trying to base something around the Revenants but I wasn't quite able to fit it all together like you've got there. You're right about the falcons, I'm not really concerned with making them into other stuff. I believe my original plan was to leave them as is for Wave Serpents, add the wings for falcons, and add wings and a turret for Firestorms/Fire Prisms. Although I may forego that for some other options.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vanish - looks like you've got loads of fun options there and Mic's list would certainly be a good option. The other way you could go is

2 x aspects (mix of scorpions, avengers, reapers and fire dragons with fire dragon exarch)
2 x guardians
2 x rangers
3 x grav tanks
2 x vampires
2 x rangers
Plus a combo of super heavies or bikes

Basic plan is putting the aspects in the vampires, using the rangers to screen your army as the vehicles hit and run against the enemy, anything that gets too close for comfort takes assaults from the vampire mounted aspects who then retreat to safety. You could also look at beefing up a guardian unit with wraithguard and wraithlords and deploying that via the storm serpent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks Steve. That looks like it could be a fun direction to go too. You've got an extra set of rangers on there, was that intended?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I do love rangers but no that was an accident ;-)