Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Which Armies are 'overpowered' - And how to counter them

Post subject: Re: Which Armies are 'overpowered' - And how to counter them
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Regardless of the build the orkesaurus is way under priced or over buffed compared to other units in the game.
I would say for 175 points it should be 4dc, lose the goring tusks, lose the big guns, lose thick rear armour. Or keep it at its current stats and bump it to 300 or 350. This is all basedon math hammer at this stage.
Cheers
Jim

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's a really similar list to the one my brother runs http://epic-uk.co.uk/ukepicachampionship/aldetail.php?pid=147&tid=99&aid=6 - main difference being 3 gargants not 2 and a couple less orkeasarus.

Having played it quite a few times I'd say its very much one is really hard to beat but also really hard to lose against.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I agree with Jim that facing the Orkasaurus horde isn't that much fun. One or two Sauris are fine but if you max out it is a wave of 4+ RA that you just cannot counter.

Although that is a problem in any army list that can spam 4+ RA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh yeah ferals can be well scary. Especially, if you've got an air assault heavy marine list! They struggle with things like playing corners or facing off against the armies like Krieg and Knights (who do similar things but faster, with better shooting and more firefight assault power.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Have players been choosing to play corners against ferals if possible? That does help with the slow speed of an Orkeosaurus horde. Concentrating on wiping out the smaller formations and the Steam Gargant BTS would be wise too. These tips are probably obvious, but may be worth me mentioning.

At the UK tournaments the ferals seem balanced - they've won 24% off their games, lost 22% and drawn 54%. I'm surprised they won at Castle Assault considering they draw so often due to their speed here.

Though it's worth mentioning Epic-UK made the critical worse for the Orkeosaurus so that it's now the random move plus one extra damage, so the Net-EA Orkeosaurus horde is a little more powerful than the Net-EA one. That was suggested here too but hasn't been changed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13