Login |  Register |  FAQ

4000 points, 2 Reavers

Post subject: 4000 points, 2 Reavers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, unless an act of God happens I'm missing Britcon again (I think the last time I was there I won the Bloodbowl tourney on penalties). But if I was there I would be taking 2 Reavers as its almost a Titan legion then :)
Which army would you think would go well with them?
Imperial Guard for an WE based force? Or Marines for a rapid supporting bunch? Certainly I would need to ace opposing deathstrikes and similar threats, which make Marines attractive and I would get aircraft, something two Reavers doesn't allow for the Guard.
Signed, bored in India

General Plumer, 191x

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, IG has enough firepower and resilience, so Reavers won't bring it something new.
SM armies would benefit more with long range AT firepower. But it probably means you will give 2 BTS targets (unless you want a third 650+pts formation !).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, mechanised terminators? :) Devs with 4 land raiders, librarian, hunter and two vindicators (675)? :)
Yes another bts is a certainty and with the sc formation as well you have sunk 2/3's of the points for the army into these formations!

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well you could try the following:

700 Termies + 4x Land Raiders + Chaplain
650 Reaver
650 Reaver
400 Tacticals + Supreme Commander
300 Tacticals
250 Devastators
200 Land Speeders
200 Thunder Hawk
175 Assault Marines
175 Assault Marines
150 Thunder Bolts
150 Thunder Bolts

12 formations, and potentially 10 activations if two are put into the Thunderhawk. The Terminators and Land Raiders would probably have to be left on the Blitz and would be hard to destroy, especially with two rampant Reavers in the middle of the table. The other forces would mostly be used to support their assault on the opposing BTS, Blitz and T&H objectives.

You could make the BTS a tactical formation with the SC and 4x Land Raiders, but IMHO this is slightly weaker - though this does give the terminators better tactical possibilities.

However, 10x activations is a bit weak (the average is likely to be 13-15) which will allow the opponent to concentrate on destroying the weaker formations, so I suspect that a single Reaver with 2-3 Warhounds would be a better choice.

Vitai lampada
Sir Hemry Newbolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So no-one spotted the 'deliberate mistake' then :sulk:

The Reavers and aircraft come out of the same restricted part of the list, and at 4000 points this part is restricted to 1333 points. Since the list has already spent 1300 on the two Reavers, it cannot take any Thunder Bolt fighter formations. Now you can spend the 300 points on two scouts or a single Tactical, but perhaps some hunters would be sensible although this further reduces the number of activations.

Vitai lampada
Sir Hemry Newbolt