Login |  Register |  FAQ

Epic UK: Winter Warmer 2022

Post subject: Epic UK: Winter Warmer 2022
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Who is as ready for 2022 as the South African Covid variant...? The Epic UK team, that's who!

Details
The 2022 Epic UK Championship is kicking off with Winter Warmer on Sat Jan 15th, and we'll be hosted by the good folks at Bristol Independent Gaming (BIG).
Following on from last years format, this years event will be three games at 2500 points. This is to provide something slightly different, and (hopefully) see some different builds used.
Lists are to be chosen from the Epic UK approved lists and are due by midnight on Fri 7th of Jan.

Tickets can be bought HERE, via the Epic UK website as normal.

The schedule
09:30 – 10:00 – Registration and Welcome.
10:00 – 12:15- Game 1
12:15 – 13:15 – Lunch
13:15 – 15:45 – Game 2
16:00 – 18:15 – Game 3
18:15 – 18:45 – Awards, tidy up, vanish into the Bristol night…

Getting there & Parking.
The address for BIG is: 16 Cater Rd, Bristol BS13 7TW.
There is parking available on site.
There are sixteen spaces available. Tickets are £20, and will include lunch.

Confirmed Entrants
1. Reedar
2. Blip
3. Nat
4. GlynG
5. BIGJim
6. Jon
7. TinyTim
8. Stevekcole
9. MikeC
10. Olan
11. Dethan
12. DanW
13. Duncan

Please contact me on this thread or directly via PM if you have any other queries.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Thanks
Reedar

Last edited by Reedar on Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Epic UK: Winter Warmer 2022
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tarnation, i'm already signed up for a tournament on that day :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:09 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Currently plan on attending this.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Afternoon folks, just a heads up that Winter Warmer *lists are due in this Friday* for those taking part.....

Is anyone else hoping to come that hasn't yet picked up a ticket? If you could please do so in the next couple of days it would be a huge help, so I can finalise numbers and arrange food etc.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We are now less than a week away from Winter Warmer, which kicks off the championship season on Sat 15th over at BIG.

All army lists have been submitted & checked, and we have the following due to battle it out:

Blood Angels
Squats
World Eaters
Thousand Sons
Tyranids
Codex Marines x2
Ghaz Orks
Dark Eldar
Skitarii
Steel Legion x2
Tau

So a good range of races/lists to get the year up and running.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you to everyone who came along to Winter Warmer at the weekend just gone. It was great to meet up again, get to know some new faces, and kick off the 2022 season in style.

When the dust had settled, Dethen had taken top spot with his Orks, ahead of Stevekcoles Squats, and Jon with his ferocious World Eaters. MikeC took home the best painted awards with his gorgeous Dark Eldar, BIGJim was voted most sporting as well as best newcomer, and Bloodsword95 nabbed the wooden spoon.

In terms of the Premiership & Championships, the early pacesetters are Stevekcole & Dethen in the Premiership & Championship respectively.
I hope everyone had a good time, it was certainly a smooth event to be involved in, and look forward to seeing everyone again at some of the upcoming events:

FSA at Battlefield Hobbies in Daventry on Feb 19th.
Chain of Command in Guildford on March 19th
Counterattack, in Bristol on April 16th

Lastly, welcome to BIGJim & Bloodsword95 who made their debuts at an Epic UK event, was great to have you involved gents, and hope to see you again at a future event.

Cheers
Reedar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well as ever, i could provide (I usually do) an in-depth analysis,
but in stead, as a BEST SPORT, I thought I should meagerly highlight the one game that I didn't win by a country mile.
And, as I am now semi-retired, most people will assume I am taking it easy...
Game 1 I faced Horatio, a cruel trick by the serpentine Darren; as I was yet to discover.
Marines vs Thousand Sons, simple.
The Space ship proved as useful as a "beware sharp objects" sign in an orks locker, and the drop pod squad ahd the life expectancy of a grot in the imperial palace (on the way to the event I had read a Dan Abnett book and I feel i am quite good at these analogys...).
So, two activations up, and yet to have breakfast.
Horatio was a master of the thunderbus, terminator recylcing - and I couldnt really call foul, after some pretty grey past experiences. But, i did have a plethra of AA (three squads of planes, two defilers).
In fairness the wise horatio did work his way through the defilers.
So we had a turn two situation where I had killed one thunderbuss, but incredibly (and badly) had a broken BTS - yes thats a broken thousand sons BTS on turn two - (dropped balll).
But I did surround Horatio's on board terminators with AA, - no mad mad mad man would be trying to pick them up.
It was here that he played hi ace.
With his soft grey eyes, (or green, maybe purple - definelty eyes) he staired me down and said "its my birthday"
wow...
I am nothing if not soft, kind, decent, most sporting.
Immediately, like a 1st world war Tommy on xmas day, my army put down their weapons, began singing silent night, found a football, and advanced over no-mans land (epic equivilen, we started rolling 1s).
Unfortunately, fitz cdecided against Stille Nacht - and instead opened up with the full machine guns.
Lots of missed rolls, failed saves, etc followed.
Well the brave Thunderhawk took out his terminators that recycled and killed the bts (claps).
And, being a good sport, descent man, patron of the arts, strong but sensitive love, and BEST SPORTING, I helped Horatio on the way by assaulting and losing versus the same terminators from the Thousand Sons guarding the blitz.
A very impressive 2-0 in three to my opponents.
Credit where it was due, I set out and bought H two bottles of wine.
Unfortunately he was driving, and as I appreciate his hatred of waste, this forced me to consume them both (it really was the least i could do).
Still, a very kind, descent, slightly sexy, thing for me to do to give somebody a perfect epic present - and as I was certain that there would lie a vote for most sporting - at least for this tournament - if not in every game till the end of recorded time - I accepted i would leave with an award - a matter reinforced by the knowledge that two othe rpeople had filled (had had fille dout when they left them on the table) their game slips also detailing me as best sporting.
But alas, epic doesnt work like that, if you come from North of Poters bar, if your surname isnt Sutcliffe, or Butcher, or Saxon, then no amount of kindness counst when the shadow lords of epic 'tally' best sporting.

Otherwis a good tournament, three good games. Very enjoyable.
And discovered a very playfull Rose wine that accompanies a second game with summoning. I recommend it to all demon players.