Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Demiurg v4.0 the short version

Post subject: Demiurg v4.0 the short version
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

ePilgrim: Thanks for your replies. I've seen the list played once, so those were mostly gut feelings.

Mosc's explanations of the Particle Shielding as essential fluff made sense. If it's not an STC based culture any longer, the objection no longer holds.

I bow to experience on the Overlord, as I haven't actually seen one in action.

Tunnellers: Checked the EA book, your stats are very close to the supplemental stats there (In EA Termites are Armor 5+, Hellbores have DC4). Point made. Main question remaining: It is not clear who can take Tunnellers, and if there is a limit to the number/proportion of formations that can. A caveat stating (for instance) "Any number of formations consisting solely of infantry may be transported in tunnelers for the following points:" might be useful.

Land Trains: The list itself does not detail the way Land Trains operate. I know they are trains, but it is not stated anywhere within the list. Needs to be explicit.

I understand KISS, but given WEs with comparable firepower, eg Baneblade, the 4+ or 3+ CC stats on all the MCFs are completely unjustified IMO. The less flexible (re: Pilum, Roadmaker) land train cars are more comparable to IG Artillery (5+/6+ FF) but without the heavy bolter. I'm not sure how this would affect the survivability, but it would make the Engineer's car a much more useful option. Another option, though it is not on the models, would be secondary weapons, perhaps 2x Flechette Guns on every car but the Dragon, to bring the FF up to par.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Demiurg v4.0 the short version
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is V 4.0 available as the first post now appears to just stop.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

where is the 4.0 rules?

also, played with my copy of the rules.(don't know which one's they are,, their all text and are not put in the typical "boxes" of stuff.
i liked it, my opponent did not like the bikes and trikes with a 4+ armor save though. lol...
hey said they were too much like space marine bikes, that the squats should have 5+ armor and/or drop the points, or add more bikes at with the 5+ armor save.
They fought the nids,, well the current version of the nids i pulled off last week. it was quite nasty and a good fight but amazingly the 'Nids won at the end of turn two, they covered 4 of six objectives.

I do have a question,, is a "grand battery" that consists of mole morters 225. Or, is each mole morter 25 points extra.(basically giving the battery another 150 points for 6 morters?)

though i lost it was an enjoyable game..
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dughan wrote:
it was quite nasty and a good fight but amazingly the 'Nids won at the end of turn two, they covered 4 of six objectives.

The game cannot end until the end of Turn 3, unless you forfeit, because Victory conditions arent checked until then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dughan wrote:
where is the 4.0 rules?

also, played with my copy of the rules.(don't know which one's they are,, their all text and are not put in the typical "boxes" of stuff.
i liked it, my opponent did not like the bikes and trikes with a 4+ armor save though. lol...
hey said they were too much like space marine bikes, that the squats should have 5+ armor and/or drop the points, or add more bikes at with the 5+ armor save.
They fought the nids,, well the current version of the nids i pulled off last week. it was quite nasty and a good fight but amazingly the 'Nids won at the end of turn two, they covered 4 of six objectives.

I do have a question,, is a "grand battery" that consists of mole morters 225. Or, is each mole morter 25 points extra.(basically giving the battery another 150 points for 6 morters?)

though i lost it was an enjoyable game..
Brian

I found a copy of V4 on warseer.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193888

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Currently the Grand battery of 6 mole mortars is 225 points and the 9 mole mortar formation is 350 points. My local group finds them to be EXTREMELY undercosted for that point cost. Both times that I've played the list I've managed to have a full battery break a full formation of 10 stompas on their formation among other things.

Hopefully after the big game we're running on June 5th out here in Chicagoland is done I will work on doing some more playtesting with the list making some tweaks here and there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ya, i fielded my battery with 6 morters and 3 thudd guns to make sure my opponent didn't cry cheese. but he knew that the list was experimental. He thought about ramming two leviathans with either sand hogs mixed with robots, or warriors mixed with robots... drop the troops and keep the robots inside and ram them down an objective.

ya,, but then again,, mole morters don't hit like manticore's or basilisks. well i mean in direct fire. but he did not like the battery having a 5+ in FF. he said,, WTF.. i said, ,thier squats,, they have PLENTY of guns for every situation!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I sent some questions to Epilgram but I am going to repeat them here. I am a modern Epic noob trying build out my old squat army that starts with just the 20 year old box that I have had since it was released.

Where do the non exo armored hearthguard fit in this list?
Any way to put characters into normal infantry units without exo armor?(maybe use the hearthguard model or it + banner to identify)
While I understand the point of limiting super heavies, almost all squat vehicles are in this class so 1/3 the amry limit makes 2/3 have to be infantry and artillery. Would it work if you limited the 1/3 to the units with the 1+ activation roll (MCF, Landtrain, etc.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would still count them as hearthguard. or you can use them as command figure's on stands.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

But only hearthguard can get a commander it seems to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hearthguard the formation/stand are generally represented by the Hearthguard and Exo-Armour models in any combination (Also shared by the Thurgrim Squat list). You are right that characters can only be attached to Hearthguard stands, the way round that is to upgrade 2 Brotherhood stands to a Hearthguard and add the character to that giving you the character in a normal infantry unit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As a minor bit of necrobump but a note here. I will be doing some playtesting with this list in a map based campaign with my local group (chicago bunker area) and we will be doing some adjustments. The main one will be to truely find the correct point cost for the mole mortars in this version of the squats/demiurg. 350 points for the 9 unit grand battery of being able to have 9bp of disrupt every turn has drawn the ire of most of the locals.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

It's all the fault of that Stompa mob, really. If they hadn't been such wusses, we'd probably just think they were very overpowered, not obscenely so...

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

i thought that the mole mortar was a 5+/6+ disrupt, not a BP weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In the 4.0 demiurg it's a 1bp disrupt. we're going to be testing it as the 5+ap/6+at fairly early it looks like.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next