Login |  Register |  FAQ

Talons of the Emperor - Experimental List V2.3

Post subject: Re: Talons of the Emperor - Experimental List V2.3
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

atension wrote:
Looks like an interesting list. The emporer is crazy strong. The 3+ reinforced is crazy powerful
Initially I was actually initially sad he didn't have a 1+ save but actually I think everything looks about right. His armour would be better than a terminator (3+ RA) and he's nigh-unwoundable (holofield-ish). He's the god-emperor after all.

It's of course a very silly and funny list, should be fun.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you have units that are nigh unstoppable/ almost unkillable, even if most of their attacks are close engagement attacks, you need to balance the army out by making the cost of the units high, reduce the formation sizes, and they also have very fast skimmer transport that have deadly weapons which are, I agree are medium to short but still deadly.

To get more activations, you need to do something that will weaken some of the individual units, so you can then reduce the cost of them. Either that or introduce a group of allied formations as a support choice. They will be a weak point in your army though, and easily killed off, reducing your activations over time.

Suggested units would be some form of imperial storm troopers that is transported in either valkyries or chimeras, or have them as an upgrade option. They would still cost a little more than a standard guardsman company, but way less than one of the Adeptus Custodes formation would.

Also the Emperor is supposed to be the hardest to kill, but he should also be killable. The 3+ invul looks too powerful. You can work around the 3+ RA save by attacking him with TK and MW weapons - a lot of them. However he has support units in his formation and that means they need to be killed off as well, and they have fast transports. His formation at the current way it is should be almost 800-900 points with their transports with him alone being 500 points.

Why, he has weapons in close combat that can kill titans, he has a tripple save of 3+ against standard weapons, a double save of 3+ against MW wepons, and a single invul save of 3+ against TK weapons, and has 3 wounds. So hard to kill off even a full on TK arrmed AMTL army would have a hard time dealing with this army.

I can imagine most armies like a guard, vanilla spacemarines, 30K space marines legion armies, and well it is a huge list will be on the back foot. you will have to feed in cheap nasty formations to just keep the Emperor's formation busy, or ignore him and go for an objectives win. However you still have to deal with the slightly hard to kill formations from the rest of the army. Yes you out activate them, but it will be hard to deal with.

This army list needs a lot of play testing to get it balanced. I know it is supposed to be the elite of the elite. But that also means expensive, and small formations. Where you would get 8 formattions for 300 ppints, similarly, an AMTL would get 9, a sisters would get between 9 and 11, a speed freeks would get between 13 and 15 activations, and so on. They will lose formations quickly, or have a similar activation count to your army. Lots of testing, lots of adjusting individual units stats and points and even some of the armies special rules to make the list what you need.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Any movement on this list? Very tempted to build a talons army because itll look amazing but will never get a willing opponent to play against with this rule set.

Really want to see a bat rep from the creators.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... t-centura/

Good to see they're making it explicit that the SoS are still around in the 41st M. Some new units/characters could be extracted from this.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Does anyone have the army list files? All links in the thread say ‘The selected attachment does not exist anymore.’.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

oof. another casualty of the server move from way back. best ping IlBertuz about it

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a suggestion regarding the Sisters of Silence, to give the list some more unique flare.
I suggest removing fearless , and replace it with their own keyword “null”

And Null would read “enemy formations within 15cm do not benefit from “Inspiring” , “Leader” or “Daemonic focus”

Just a an idea , I get a lot of those ^^