Login |  Register |  FAQ

4K Adeptus Titanicus vs. Orks BATREP

Post subject: 4K Adeptus Titanicus vs. Orks BATREP
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not very interesting after what happenened in the first turn but I felt I had to give credit to my buddy's victory.

Full report here: http://javieratwar.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/epic-again.html

BTW one doubt we had during our game. The 90º arc shield Knights have only says it acts as a fixed armour. I supposed that meant that the Paladin's armour save of 3+ was fixed frontally, but my friend argued that it would be too much and that it should be a fixed save lower than its natural armour as it happens with Terminators (fixed to 6+) so in the end my knights only had a fixed 5+ save and were obliterated by the Gargant and Weird Tower.
Can you tell me what is the fixed save of the Knights shield?
TIA

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 4K Adeptus Titanicus vs. Orks BATREP
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great looking game - models & terrain look fantastic. Just needs a few more pics and words for me, otherwise excellent. Shame about the warlord - I never realized how deadly weirdboyz could be.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ouch! That must have been a sore one to take!

The Weirdboy Battletower is powerful and should always be the first target you pick off if you see one fielded against your force. There's no rule against targeting them like this, something which i think is strange because you can't target a Weirdboy who is on foot... I'm assuming your opponent did roll to see if the Weirdboy overloaded? I've overloaded it before and lost half my force as a result! That's the gamble of overloading, it can go one of two ways, great for your opponent when it works like that!

One note for the Ork player, you cannot take the same clan twice. It's annoying but it isn't allowed otherwise I would load my army up with Goffs and Bad Moons like he did all the time.

Also, I'm not sure about Skullhammas moving through woods but maybe I'm wrong about that. The way the pic was taken it looked as though units within woods were firing, it should only be units on the edge of woods, anything within cannot fire. This may well not be a case of what you see is what you get though...

Still, thanks for the report, hopefully your next one won't be so one sided! Look forward to reading it!

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Ouch! That must have been a sore one to take!

The Weirdboy Battletower is powerful and should always be the first target you pick off if you see one fielded against your force. There's no rule against targeting them like this, something which i think is strange because you can't target a Weirdboy who is on foot... I'm assuming your opponent did roll to see if the Weirdboy overloaded? I've overloaded it before and lost half my force as a result! That's the gamble of overloading, it can go one of two ways, great for your opponent when it works like that!

One note for the Ork player, you cannot take the same clan twice. It's annoying but it isn't allowed otherwise I would load my army up with Goffs and Bad Moons like he did all the time.

Also, I'm not sure about Skullhammas moving through woods but maybe I'm wrong about that. The way the pic was taken it looked as though units within woods were firing, it should only be units on the edge of woods, anything within cannot fire. This may well not be a case of what you see is what you get though...

Still, thanks for the report, hopefully your next one won't be so one sided! Look forward to reading it!

He alwyas fires overloading it but he is that lucky Cad :)
The Skullhammas were in the edge of the forest and firing. I'll check if they can move through it.
I didn't know that Goffs and Bad Moonz were the same clan?
We're playing 6K IG vs Orks this Sunday and will report here.
Thanks!
BTW, can anyone tell me what is the fixed save for the 90º arc knight's shield?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't have Knights and don't have the rules to hand, sorry...

I worded that poorly. The Goffs and Bad Moons are not the same Clan. There's nothing wrong with fielding one of each but fielding 2 of each is not on unless he has taken one of each of the other clans first. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your text though, is it one clan of each he took? In which case that's fine!

Ha! Something tells me you never wrote "Cad"!

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, he only took one of each.
Cheers,

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

The shots from the forward 90 arc are unmodified. Thus 3+ for the paladin and 2+ fixed for the shield on heavier knights.

Yes, it is powerful.

Which is why you either flank them or engage in close combat. Just shooting at them from the forward arc is not the way to go.

Better yet bomb them with aircraft to bypass the shield entirely. ;)

They would be overpriced with out this, but of course they may be under-priced with this rule. The new platinum formula values them at a higher cost.

Great report, thanks for sharing it!!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
Hi!

The shots from the forward 90 arc are unmodified. Thus 3+ for the paladin and 2+ fixed for the shield on heavier knights.

Yes, it is powerful.

Which is why you either flank them or engage in close combat. Just shooting at them from the forward arc is not the way to go.

They would be overpriced with out this, but of course they may be under-priced with this rule. The new platinum formula values them at a higher cost.

Primarch

Thank you very much for your answer! Then none of my Knights would have been destroyed so easily as we applied fixed save 5+ :(

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

blacksmith wrote:
primarch wrote:
Hi!

Yes, it is powerful.

Primarch

Thank you very much for your answer! Then none of my Knights would have been destroyed so easily as we applied fixed save 5+ :(

Hi!

I checked my older versions of net epic and the change has been in place since at least version 3.0.

It was deemed that they were not worth the points (easily destroyed) without this rule, which is based on the original 1st edition rule and modified for use in netepic.

Knights are supposed to be pretty tough!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Blacksmith
Great report and thanks for sharing, but man, there is a penal colony waiting for you!!

:tut

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Draccan wrote:
Blacksmith
Great report and thanks for sharing, but man, there is a penal colony waiting for you!!

:tut

LOL!
I expect to redeem myself tomorrow. I'll let you know.