Login |  Register |  FAQ

Exodites vs Marines - 3000 points

Post subject: Exodites vs Marines - 3000 points
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi All,

Latest in the quest to have a game with every playable NetEpic faction, we see a showdown between 3000 points of my Exodites and Ortrons' Space Marine army with considerable support from some Imperial Guard superheavies. The lists roughly were:

Exodites:

Co. = Fusilier Host, Dragon Knight host, Pentasaur Host
Sp. = Visionary, Exo Suits, Megaladon
+ Carnasaur, Pterasaurs, AA Travois, Pathfinders.

Imperials:

Battle Company + Librarian, Thunderhawk, Landraiders, Bikes, Landspeeder Tornados, Vindicators
Stormhammer Company + Stormblades x2

Exodites got to pick sides, Marines shot first. Battlefield looked like this:

Last edited by zap123 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Exodites vs Marines - 3000 points
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

1st Turn

The armies faced off across the battlefield.

Virtually every unit on the battlefield either advanced or charged across the board. One of the few exceptions were the Marine Land Raiders who fired on the advancing Exo Suits, but the holofields defeated the shot. A group of Dragon Knights moved rapidly forward on the left to try and flank the Imperial forces, but were surprised when Marine Assault troops disembarked from a Thunderhawk high above and landed amongst them, chainswords swinging.

The Assault troops tore apart 3 of the Dragon Knights for the loss of one of their own stands.

Advance fire was much more substantial. Things started well for the Exodites with Pentasaurs taking apart one of the Stormblades, though its' partner responded with hunter-killer missiles and killed a Pentasaur in return. Devestators also joined in and dropped another. The Pterasaurs following up on the left flank avenge the Dragon Riders and hit 4 stands of Marines though one unit saves. The tit for tat continues as the T-Hawk knocks down 3 of the flying dinosaurs. The Visionary executes a tactical stand, and the Pathfinders kill a Devestator stand.

Last edited by zap123 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 2

The Carnosaur is overcome with bloodlust and goes on a rampage, charging a Marine Rhino. The sole remaining Assault group charged the Pathfinders who fail to hit their attacker. The Visionary occupies the strategic point on top of the central hill;

so the Librarian tries purge psyker without success. The Visionary responds and executes the Librarian. Vindicators kill 3 Dragon Knights and the Devs shoot up 2 more Pentasaurs. Fusiliers kill off a Devestator unit and hit a Tactical but they save. The remaining Pterasaur remained in the fight and killed a Devestator stand.

In hand to hand the Carnosaur predictably squished the Rhino, the Assault killed the Pathfinder, and on the Right flank the Bikes, Fusiliers and Dragon Knights there fought out roughly a draw with 4 of each side killed.

Advance fire begins and the Exo Suits struggle to get lines of fire and can only destroy a Rhino which strayed into sight. Stormhammers concentrate on the Carnosaur eventually killing the enraged beast. The Stormblade Command tank killed another Pentasaur.

Unfortunately casualties are starting to mount up, and despite a large numerical superiority the Exodite right flank collapses with both the Pentaurs and Dragon Knights there breaking. The Pentasaurs flee the field, and the Dragon Knights only fail to join them as some of the unit is still pinned.

Exodites 31 Marines 26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 3

The Exodites are in trouble as there is not much left on the left to stop the Imperial superheavies, and their right flank has collapsed. Tactical Marines mount up to snatch an objective on the right, and a lone Rhino tries to contest another deep in Exodite territory. Fusiliers manage to destroy the impudent Rhino and one of the Vindicators, and the sole remaining Pentasaur damages a Stormhammer.

The Visionary remains king of the hill, and executes the Marine captain. The limited close combat is invariably bad for the Exodites.

The Land Raiders hit the Megaladon but the shot only annoys it and its gunners destroy one of the Imperial tanks. The damaged Stormhammer kills the last Pentasaur, and the Thunderhawk smashes the remaining Exo Suits. Vidicators and Stormhammers kill 3 Fusiliers in the ruins.

Marines 34 Exodites 26

The Visionary surveyed the field and drew together the threads of premonition. The battle had turned. The Eldar could delay the inevitable, but the Imperials would win the day. It was time to cut and run.

Last edited by zap123 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Having a look at the field, the Exodites were in a bad way. It would probably have taken another 2 turns, but it was almost certain the Marines would win and the best the Eldar could hope for was a slim chance of a draw, so Marines take the win. The Exodites were a little unlucky to go from total control of the right flank to total dissarray with 2 bad morale rolls, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Lack of any credible threat to the Thunderhawk also hurt a lot. Still, even with that weakness, I think the Exodite list is pretty decent and a bit more capable than I first suspected. Some allies with some airpower and a titan killer unit or two would come in handy though :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:32 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Really like the use of fiends of slaanesh as exodites :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for putting that up Zap. Nice close game and a something different than the last couple of titan dominated battles.

As discussed on the night, I think there is still a few stat lines that need checking and those laser lances seem a bit all or nothing? surely a 5+ to hit wih 0 or + 1 save modify would be a better rule. That or something similar would mean the lances aren't useless against an armoured army.

Likewise the shots per Assault cannon on the tornado speeders?

I was quite impressed with the thunderhawk, but considering the size of the newer models, is a beefier stat line or another unit required?

Was good that we could get one last game in before I pack up and move. Give me 2-3 years and I might even get an army painted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Zap nice to see the Exodites in action

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Exodite list is part of the Eldar NetEpic army book. (along with the various craftworlds, knights and even dark kin :D )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Which is available on http://www.netepic.org

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

^-^ Great report Zap, always a pleasure to see your Exodites marching to war, even when they don't manage a win, damn those pesky Space Marines! :-\ Although that visionary was one hell of a badass this game. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ta mate. The Visionary was definitely my MVP.

When do we get to see another of your epic Epic battles on the board?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry bud, not for a while. The games room is in imminent danger of being annexed for a newly ordered brigade of sproggetts, all going well. The new games room is waiting for a loft conversion, which has at least been passed for permission by the higher authority, I.e: Mrs Warhead.
I have been teaching my son the joys of tabletop wargaming meantime, I hate 40K and we both are fans of Lego so we both play a game called Brikwars, it was introduced in TacCom more than a year ago by one of the members. I did do a vast forum member run game of that which although not NetEpic was really fun to do, and they seemed to like it to. If you want to read something that's writen in my usual tounge and cheek way: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 33&start=0 Oh, and Dafrica is over here too.

Personal request: When will we get to see these fantastic looking Exodite warriors take on your Necrons? THAT would be astoundingly awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I rarely play games against myself :) . Hopefully after Christmas I can rouse a couple of my opponents out of their Epic slumbers and try Exodites against Tyranid and Necrons against Tau though. Thanks to Scream and others the Necrons are all but complete...just need to get some nice Flayed One proxies from EW.

My son and I have played a couple of games of Brikwars! Give it a few years and maybe he will pick up the Epic reins and then we can do Necron v. Exodite.