Login |  Register |  FAQ

IG vs Orks 3000 points

Post subject: IG vs Orks 3000 points
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Will take this in smaller chunks as I tried to post a report on it Monday and it crashed as i went to upload it. Ace.

Anyway back late last year Stuart and I played a series of games on the 29th, ending in a 3000 point game between IG (me) and his Orks.

He had

Evil Sunz Clan (plus dragsta, bowel burnas and Skullhamma)
Death Skulls Clan (plus stormboyz , madboyz and Stompas)
Kult of Speed (plus additional bike boyz)
A Slasha gargant
Some pirates

I had

Heavy Coy
Bike Coy
Banbelade coy
Assault Coy

Plus

Stormhammer
Bombards
Rough Riders
Hell hounds
Ratlings
Robots
And
Ogryns

The terrain was a sideways T ( I----), with the bar of each T pointing one to his lines and one to mine and the tail straddling the middle of the table. In the middle of the join was the highest hill on the table and 4 large buildings. There were some small woods on either side of the buildings, and a hill at the top and bottom of the T.

He deployed his Kult of speed on his right flank, supported by his Slasha and the pirates.

In  the right centre he deployed the Deathskulls supported by the Stompas, and left centre were the evil Sunz. On his left flank were the madboyz and the stormboyz.

Opposite his lines my ratlings and the Superheavies faced his right flank, while my Assault and heavy coys faced his centre. My artillery detachment and rough riders faced his evil Sunz, and my bike coy faced his far flank detachments.

Turn 1
The Evil Sunz occupy the central tail of the T. They lose all bowel burnas and take some casualties but are in excellent positions (in range of my bombards- careless).

The Death Skulls start to occupy the buildings in the bar of the T.

The kult of speed position for a charge next turn against my ratlings.

My bikes ride up to his charging stormboyz and kill 2 with pd.

In my centre the heavy coy is in good positions and never leaves the comfort of first fire for the rest of the game. Assault coy jumps forward towards its targets supported by hellhounds. Gargant and baneblades trade shots (armour for shields= no losses). Belly gun kills an IG heavy stand with gut buster grape.

End Turn 1 and little is broken. VPs in Ork favour slightly.

Turn 2
Assault coy engages Evil Sunz in their right most building and make good progress in spite of the usual appalling casualties. Coy HQ and A platoon secure the main hill at the join of the T.

Kult of speed rolls over Ratlings (3 killed) and smacks into my Superheavies. Baneblades supported by heavy coy on snap fire thin the attacking orks and only Baneblade number 2 is lost. Kult is broken and loses its bike boy mob in morale. On the ork left my bikes wipe out the Stormboyz but good shooting from the madboyz (“we’s invincibulâ€Â

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

View from the bombards. On top of the central building group you can see the red and yellow flag of one of the IG assault platoons. Beyond them lies the wreckage of the Death Skulls. The red blur in the central buildings are the Evil Sunz Nobz flags.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

View from the IG left (ork right). The Rough Riders are preparing for a charge against the Bike boys behind the hill. Without command they will charge anyway.

To right of shot the stompas are engaging the Imperials but not contesting the central objective. And beyond them is the rubble/resting place of the Death Skulls and some pirates that escaped the exploding gargant.

Everthing beyond them is what happens when you don't clear casualties off the table properly...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ork left flank. Bikes learn the folly of charging a superheavy that hasn't moved. "Commissar" secures the objective while CHQ bike sneaks bhind the Evil Sunz to contest their objective.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A lovely war is...

For IG heavy troopers it's laying waste to everything that strays into range. Close up of the 5th Coy, A platoon,plys CHQ stand number 1 (emperor's colour) plus a little of C platoon.

The 5th Coy has been fighting since the early 90s and has lost the odd man (such as the boots but no trooper on the front left stand.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And a happy war for Orks is...

Stomping about, destroying 2 imperial superheavies and taking no losses.

"Whaddya mean we lost? You gone madboy on us mate? 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0...." [for a very long time].

Close up on the Stompas, centre of the field

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been out since 19.00hrs or I would have posted earlier. Man, that looks like a good scrape Madollin. An enjoyable read and good to see more NetEpic Battle reports going up. I do like the look of your IG and now I like the look of those Orks, especially those Stompas.

"T" shaped table, that's a new one on me. Any reason why? How do you feel it worked out, any real difference? Those poor Ork boys never got taught that buildings are dangerous places. Until their made into rubble be very wary of hiding there. I guess that's a lesson learned.

You seem to do well with your Bike and Assault Coy. I noticed that on the last report too. Are they your weapon of choice? (Must Haves?) I like the light vehicle companies too but feel IG are a fragile unit.

Will there be another BatRep soon? I hope so and as always, thanks for posting... :))

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another fine batrep Mandollin!  I guess your opponent has learned that buildings are not a good spot to hide in when there are Bombards on the feild.  That's one we all have to learn  :vD .  One of my opponents Stompers are similarly blessed...I struggle to remember a game when I've killed one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for this gents, it's great to get the support.

I have two more reports to come, a 3000 points Marine versus Guard (a damn close run thing), and a 5000 point marine (reinforced) versus reinforced IG. Reinforcements being Titans (first outing for me).

Next Friday we have our first aeronautica Imperialis game (I splashed out on the books) followed by a 2000 point Ork vs Squat over the same terrain. Both will get onto the battle reports (for AI and NE).

Stuart, my opponent, is about and lurking on the forum (waiting for system confirmation) and may post at some point, especially if my reports stray into bias...

rgds

michael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice to see another active battlereporter on the forums. Warm welcome all around.
And shameless plug insert... Have you checked the Alfakta Campaign? Another active there would be swell!

092b85658e746a91d343e53509d357744e56f641

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Erik,

I've seen this but wasn't sure on some things.

Do we both have to register?

And what is the protocol for logging battles? I log them from when we join? Or would a battle like this count?

Plus the site makes my (very frail) PC crash, but I'll try and join this afternoon.

rgds

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's preferred if the battle is decided to be part of the campaign beforehand. It might get curious results otherwise.

Yes, both must be registered.

092b85658e746a91d343e53509d357744e56f641