Login |  Register |  FAQ

Hunting Patrol

Post subject: Hunting Patrol
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Which platform do they use for pizza delivery?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's classified ... :blues:  :glare:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been thinking ever since L4 mentioned air support and have cobbled together some rules for my next Bat Rep. I mostly used E40K flyer rules.

This is not intended to be a balanced system. I'm using this against a vastly superior force for a Campaign game. Please have a look at the rules and if you see any problems let me know. Cheers, lads.

All air strikes will be called just like an Orbital Barrages. 3+ to call in. Strike will arrive on the First Fire phase of the next turn. When the flyers arrive the Target must be in LOS of at least one Imperial ground unit to be a viable target. Flyers will only appear from the Imperials table Edge (to minimise risks of bombing/shooting their own men and simulates a low strafing run) and when their attack run is over they instantly leave.

All aircraft stats as normal with the exception of the PDF Magog Bomber. (I'll post stats during the battle)

All shooting at flyers considered to be snap fire so only First Fire units may target flyers with a -2 to hit modifier. AA units ignore the -2 modifier. Range modified by -25cm as normal for all units.

One Combat Air Patrol will be automatically available from the first turn. All others must scramble - one additional turns wait and an Airstrike (3+ roll) must be caled in.
All Flyers after their attack run must return to base for rearm and fuel.
Flyers hit and fail their save are destroyed. Flyers that make their save are damaged and abort their attack and return to base for repair. Flyers are repaired on a 4+ and are automatically rearmed but must wait to rejoin their Squadron unless they are the only survivor.

Flyers do break as normal and have a morale of 3+ (?)

Interception is irrelivent just now as no enemy flyers will be used for this.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks pretty good, W/H. We don't use CAP/Air2Air, feel that's a whole other game. Only CAS, SAM, ADA/AAA. I like the SoW Air rules too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks L4, if it's passed a cursory glance from a wizened ol' recce bloodhound like you then that'll do for me. Any problems in game can be kit bashed on the fly anyway. (Yes, pun intended).  :))

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well your rules are functional and should work ... :ace:  and that's all that counts ...  :;):