Login |  Register |  FAQ

Elysians 4.1.4 vs Blood Angels 2.11 3000 points

Post subject: Elysians 4.1.4 vs Blood Angels 2.11 3000 points
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had a pretty terrible test game today, even though I won.

Although the game itself was okay, my opponent did not have his mind on the game, and certainly did not seem able to understand how to play the game. Too many distractions in the store with people coming in to pick up purchases, or meet people they had not seen for a while.

Add to this that George was having back problems, was still learning the game, although I had sent him the PDF of the tournament pack. He said he needed to learn with a printed out document, so I gave him mine to keep, and will have to print out the stuff not in my old hard copy rule book.

Anyway that aside, the game planning went as organised. George Fired his Whirlwinds onto my Grey Ghosts in the cover of a building, and even with a 3+ cover save, I lost 2 of them. I brought my Spaceship down on turn 1. George had set his forces up away from his Blitz, and I had planned to overwhelm it anyway on turn 2 but thought George would put units I the woods nearest the far objective. My spaceship targeted the woods that I planned to advance forces up there via Valkyrie by turn 2, but failed dismally killing off 1 scout due to really bad dice rolls.

I retained, failed to activate my Valkyries, and neither of us had a supreme commander until turn 2. I moved up behind a hill and took a blast marker for the formation, unloading the troops. George strafed the Valkyries hitting 2 troopers and a valkyrie, but I made the save for the Valkyrie, and then moved his bikes up to protect his whirlwinds. I moved up my vultures and sky talons on the right flank shooting his Land speeders killing all off except one with my AT2+ one shot missiles.

George strafed my sky talons and rolled badly but put a BM on them. I doubled up my Taurus Venators, and lost 1 from his scouts overwatch. With the single attach from a multi laser, I put a BM on the scouts. I used my Lightning strikes to kill off one of his Thunderbolts, and then as George had no more activations, used my lightning’s to try and kill off his Whirlwinds. I lost a lightning, and put a BM on the whirlwind formation. I redeploy my scout sentinels closer to my Blitz just in case George has plans for it.

Turn 2 George brings in his spaceship killing off my 3 of my Scout sentinels and the last ran to cover. George dropped in his tacticals near the Taurus and engages them. After killing them off and losing a unit, he consolidates nearer to the woods. I SPF (Self Planet Fall) a drop troop company near the Imperial Stronghold, and cover the enemy Blitz., then drop in some drop sentinels right onto the Blitz. George whirlwinds my Vultures and troops killing some another trooper who I had not had the chance to activate and reload onto the valkyries. and putting 2 BMs on them. Thankfully I had removed the BMs from previous turn. He then strafes them with tbolts. against my Grey Ghosts, but they made their 3+ cover saves.

I intercept his tbolts putting a lousy BM on them, then dropped in the mortar company on left of my own Blitz, moving them to cover of ruins. George drops his thawk full of assault units and combined assaults the mortar company destroying them off. He drops the second thawk. I drop the regimental command and my drop rocket sentinels which deviate closer to his thawks and assaults. I put a 4BP barrage over the whole lot of them and with 2 shots on each thawk, and one shot at each if the 7 units of infantry, I succeed in killing off 1 infantry unit.

George advances his command tacticals up to engage my Grey Ghosts, but fails to kill them off in one round of FF and with no support fire we go again. He kills off the Grey ghosts after consolidating his tacticals and Furioso up, and then consolidates into and near the building near the objective there. George puts his scouts on overwatch.

I moved my vultures up and shoot at Georges command tacticals but receive overwatch fire from the scouts and get BM. I break the formation, but they just move further into cover. I move the sky talons and drop sentinels and shoot at the supreme commander with 1 valkyrie and 4 sentinels because the furioso is hidden on the other side of the building. I kill the commander off, and the Dreadnought breaks, and runs to the woods. George is out of activations. I have the Valkyries on the left and assault Georges bikes hoping to get a clear shot at his whilr winds next. Unfortunately George wins the engagement, and I run the 4 valkyries away to the back of my lines. I try to kill of Georges Whirlwinds, and lose a Lightning put a BM on them. End of turn, I fail to rally or remove BMs from 3 of my formations. George fails to remove BMs from the Assault and the Death company.

The game goes really badly from here on. George loses interest, and spends more time with a mate and rolls up characters for Georges D&D campaign, and keeps popping back to play his part now and then. I get fed up and ask Jimbo to step in as Jimbo is trying to learn and has the start of an Ork Warhorde. Jimbo takes advice from me and slowly starts to get into the game, but between George popping back now and then, and telling Jimbo what he wants done, some tactics which I would not have advised, I end up holding onto Georges Blitz, the Objective right next to it. I have lost half my air force, While George has lost 1 Thunderbolt. George Also loses his BTS, and both of us have denied each other at least 1 objective in our half.

Georges failure to take my Blitz by splitting his last actions teleporting his terminators on my Blitz where they wiped out, and dropping his Death company and Assault marines who had failed to rally last turn ended up with both broken and running away. His Thawk was destroyed, and the second Thawk shoot at my vultures that I was going to rush up and triple to deny him the woods objective.

End turn 3 I rally vultures rally one of the drop sentinels he shot at near his objectives, and he failed to rally the furioso but rallied the terminators. We had to call it there, as the store owner want to close up, and George was still interested in the D&D stuff. Jimbo was still happy to learn more, but he needed to get home with George who picks him up from home.

Scores at end of game.

Elysians: BTS, Blitz, T&H, and DTF. I killed off half of the bikers, all the Land speeders, the tacticals less the furioso, but it was still broken, half of the terminators. The Assault were classified as destroyed, but the Death company rallied.

Blood Angels: George did not get any objectives, because I think he was not concentrating on the game. He could easily have overwhelmed either my Blitz, or his own Blitz and thus stopped me from getting Blitz. I may not have gotten T&H either if he had stuck to his plan. And he could also have gotten DTF and possibly T&H, if he concentrated on his tactics, instead of walking away all the time. His Blitz should have been put in the ruins in the corner of his deployment area, and he would have had a better chance of holding that area.

I could see this game being a draw If George had his mind on the game. I would have BTS, George should have gotten DTF, neither of us getting Blitz, T&H or HTL. My deployments were good with both my drop groups dropped close to where I needed them. The Grey Ghosts performed okay, but in the end were wiped out by close combat troops. Even my FS ability helped only a little, and since I do not get cover saves in CC, the +1 cover save did not help there. But they held the enemy off for a bit, and they are worth the effort of putting them in the list.

The drop sentinels performed okay, but if the opponent had not rolled so many 4+ rolls I might have killed off a few more death company or assaults. I am sure if George had not wanted to redeploy the assaults via thawk to drop on his own blitz, and instead attacke my Blitz, then he could have easily taken out the drop rocket sentinels, and used the terminators to take out the regimental command company on my blitz. That might even have given him BTS as well. Unfortunately by attacking with only the termies, and my having support from the rocket sentinels and a hastily redeployed formation of 4 Valkyries which had 2 BM on them, I was easily able to overwhelm the terminators.

I need to play more games and against other types of armies. Perhaps an Ork Warhorde, an imperial guard DKOK, a Sian-Hann army, all of which I know are played by the people who play Epic at the Company of Dice once a month. Maybe I will not have an opponent who is wandering off all the time.

Deployment photos

1st turn photos

Turn 2 photos

Georges lucky roll of 2 6s to save his thunderbolt fighters

I did not take photos of turn 3 as I was starting to feel a bt disheartned by Georges lack of interest in the game.

Profile Send private message