Login |  Register |  FAQ

3K BL vs tau 6.01

Post subject: 3K BL vs tau 6.01
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well unfortunately my wife has absconded to Canada on holiday with the camera so there's no photos which will make this very boring.   :boo:

Pleez njoi my leet paint skillz below for the map :laugh:

Anyhoo onto the report.

BL (I have to get the exact list off Reddeth but it's something like:

Retinue + SC + 3 zerkers and rhinos - BTS
Retinue + Sorcerer + Rhinos
Terminators + Obliterator + Lord
Forlorn Hope
Forlorn Hope
Raptors
Deathwheel
Decimator
Swiftdeaths
Helltalons
Armoured company (6 Predators)

Tau

Crisis + Crisis + SC 450
Mech FW + Skyray + Pf upgrade 450 (MFW)
FW + Broadside upgrade 350 (foot FWs)
HH-Fusion + HH-F + Skyray 475 BTS
HH-Rail + HH-R 375
Recon (Rcn)
Barracudas (BCs)
Stealth (STH)
Broadsides (BBS)

Turn 1
Initiative: BL
Tau go first
Garrisons:Forlorn Hope 1 on Tau Blitz obj and Forlorn Hope 2 on Tau right hand object (in central city's eastern ruins).
Foot FWs and Broadsides off BL blitz in woods, Broadsides in Bldg 1

1/CAP Barracudas
2/Forlorn Hope 2 double towards the right hand BL objective and occupy some more ruins further east.
3/HH-Fusion advance directly forward from in front of the BL blitz to manouevre nearer the central city block area to the eastand slightly forward of Bldg 1.
4/Forlorn Hope 1 goes on overwatch to burn an activation
5/Crisis dbl forward to occupy the wood in the SE corner
6/Death Wheel(DW) dbls to shoot Crisis killing 1 unit for 2 BMS
7/Decimator marches near to the DW's rear left
8/Recon adv to mark DW on the far side of the crisis woods and place a BM on it
9/Raptors march right up beside Crisis wood and nearby Tetras
10/Mech FW Sustains on DW with their Seekers doing 2 shields and 1 DC damage and breaking the DW which holds position
11/SC retine marches right up west of Bldg 1 placing itself between Broadsides and the Recon/Crisis Suits. They take OW fire from the footFW's BBS attachment which destroys a rhino and its occupants - the rest of the formation can continue at max speed! They take 4 BMs as the de-bus at journey's end.
12/HH-R advances from behind the central Tau half wood and shoots west at the SC + Retinue, destroying 4 rhinos and adding 5 more BMs to the formation - but they still ain't broke!
13/CAP SwiftDeaths
14/March Predators down the right table edge between the SE tank traps and the eastern wood (behind and left of tank traps)
15/ March Retinue 2 down the right table edge between the southern wood and eastern hill beside the retinue (behind the tank traps there)
16/Helltalons fail to activate

End phase: Rallies - Crisis, DW, SC retinue (down to 3 BMs)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 2
Teleporters: Stealth - in a big scout-blocking ring around the central tau defensive area containing HH-R and Foot Fws by the woods (the position threatened by the Retinue 2 and Preds waiting to pounce). No BMs

I did this to help prevent Terminator teleport positions and force the retinue and preds to have to engage the stealths not the HH-r or FWs.

Terminators- right on blitz table-edge behind the MFWs south of Bldg 1. No BMs

Terminators engage MFWs killing 2 FWs and 1 Devilfish. No MW attacks were able to land.
Firewarriors and pathfinders kill 1 terminator. tau lose by 2 and break. They run towards Southern wood to lick their wounds.

SC retinue retains and engages BBS in Bldg 1, killing 1 BBS and no support fire kills from Terminators. BBS kill 2 retinue and support fire from nearby HH-F and Stealth suit kill 3 more - mostly rhinos died here. Tau win by 8 wiping out the remaining 8 retinue infantry units. terminators take 1 BM.

Crisis suits call a co-ord fire with the recon group Both and double forward to NW Hill edge catching the Decimator in a crossfire and markerlights with RCN placing 1BM and the crisis suits doing 1 BM and 1 point of damage - breaking the decimator and it retreats to the Tau blitz. The RCN group takes one kill from the OW-ing Forlorn Hope 1 on the Tau blitz.

HH-F retains and advances on the terminators killing 2 terminators and the Obliterator = Broken. They retreat to the SW wood where the crisis were.

Forlorn Hope 2 engages the Stealths doing no kills and the Stealth do likewise. However weight of supporting fire from the Preds and retinue nearby kill 2 Stealths. In the wash up Stealth lose all but one unit and are broken. the lone stealth left retreats behind the southern wood.

Retinue 2 retains and engages HH-R in front of the wood. 3 HHs are destroyed while 3 chaos marines die.first round goes to a draw and the second round wipes out the Hammerheads for loss of 1 rhino. Sorcerer MW shooting FTW!

Foot FWs adv and shoot retinue 2, killing 3 marines, sorceror and 1 rhino breaking retinue 2 which retreats to the north of the eastern hill by the BL obj.

Predators dbl round to the south of the southern wood and shoot the broken MFW. killing the skyray, 1 FW and a DF. they again retreat to the nw side of the southern wood.

Barracudas ground attack the terminators killing them off.

Swiftdeath fail to activate and stand down.

Helltalons Grnd attack the foot FWs killing 1 BBS and having a plane shot down by the nerby Skyray from HH-F.

DW failed to activate and moved up behind the displaced Crisis ready to shoot them next turn +1 BM

Raptors FF engage the Crisis for no kills, but DW support fire kills 1 crisis suit. The crisis kill 2 raptors and the first round is a draw on the die roll. Second round sees the Crisis kill 1 more marine and the DW support fire hits are saved by the crisis. Crisis win and the sole raptor and DW are broken. DW retreats east into the centre of the city and the raptor runs directly sth of the SW wood.

End Phase: Rallies - Predators, Raptor, RCN, MFW, FWs,BBS, Helltalons leave Tau edge with 1 BM
failed rallies were DW, Decimator and Retinue 2 - which was a pivotal point in the fight as the BL were left with only Forlorn hope, predator, the 1 raptor and Air asset activations going into the 3rd turn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 3

Predators sustain fire on the HH-F killing 2 HH-f and the Skyray which breaks them and they retreat back to their position north of Bldg 1

Swiftdeath retains and ground attacks MFWs putting only 1 BM on the recently rallied formation.

RCN dbls to the Tau eastern obj.

Helltalons fail to act

FWs advance to the SE tank traps and fire on Forlorn hope 2 finishing them off.

Forlorn hope 1 goes on Overwatch by the Tau blitz

MFWs fail to activate and the hold action moves them onto the BL blitz are to contest it with the Predators.

The Raptor  advances into the wood to claim the SW BL obj.

BBS in bldg 1 sustains on the predators killing 3 and breaking them.

End Tau 2 (BTS, TNH), BL 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

6.0.1 is a pretty solid list now. It has most of E&Cs theory in it and it still behaves pretty much like 1.09 did. Price adjustments are neither here nor there I think as 25 points back and forth across formations isn't too much of a worry. e.g Stealths with 2 initiative being worth 275 and Foot FWs costing 225 now etc etc.

I didn't bother taking an AX1-0 for this game. I wanted to see how my army functioned without it vs WEs plus there's only so many times I can see them shot down  :laugh: In the wash up they weren't really needed as the ground forces available were able to keep the 2 WEs broken a lot of the time. If they had rallied in turn 2 the game would have been much different I think as Reddeth would have been able to hurt my smaller remaining forces with his big guns.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Dobbsy @ Oct. 18 2009, 07:50 )

Teleporters: Stealth - in a big scout-blocking ring around the central tau defensive area containing HH-R and Foot Fws by the woods (the position threatened by the Retinue 2 and Preds waiting to pounce). No BMs

Wish I could see a picture of this placement of the Stealths.

I know I've made this mistake in the past with teleporting scouts, but they can't be placed spread out using their extended coherency range as the teleport special rule limits them thusly:

Formations where all of the units have this ability [teleport] may be kept
off the table, and can appear at the start of any turn. Simply
place the unit anywhere you like on the table at the start of any
turn, before determining who wins the strategy roll. The unit
must be placed within 5cms of another unit from its own
formation if there are any already in play.
So, for example, if a
whole formation teleported into play then the first unit could be
placed anywhere, but any other units would need to be placed
within 5cms of a unit that had already been placed.

And thanks for the report!

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Chroma @ Oct. 18 2009, 21:39 )

The unit must be placed within 5cms of another unit from its own
formation if there are any already in play.
So, for example, if a
whole formation teleported into play then the first unit could be
placed anywhere, but any other units would need to be placed
within 5cms of a unit that had already been placed.[/i]

Ah. Thanks for that Chroma. I am not sure whether I have been playing the rule like that either...

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats