Login |  Register |  FAQ

Batrep: Marines vs IG, 3k

Post subject: Batrep: Marines vs IG, 3k
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting.  Wonder what the substitution of an arty battery for one of the ShT platoons would have done for you.  Hmm.

Probably not too much. I've COULD have destroyed Henas Whirlwinds, but that's only if they were not destroyed or suppressed by random fire.

I'm really sorry for you.
Limitations of painted/available models can be a pain in the ass sometimes ...
Good idea to paint more grunts, they'll help you alot  :;):

Yeah, I know and I just love when my guardsmen charge in to desperate fight and very larhe amount of them die fighting the enemy in the fair firefight :p

Just out of interest: What was the overall performance of your IG tank army in the tourney?

I only played 2 games and this was my first. In the second game I faced Orks and pretty much wiped the floor with them(2-0 victory in the round 3. I lost something like 1 Baneblade and a Leman Russ). It wasn't so funny as my enemy didn't really have anything to get rid of my 4+ RA. Well 2 Zapps but that was all.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Ghe'dahlg @ Oct. 18 2006,12:25)
Atleast I'll 'try' to get all my infantry painted and then I'm able to field atleast 3 Infantry Comppanies plus Regimental HQ. *sigh* But the painting... :p

I know what you mean!  I painted over 50 stands of Orks back in 1992, and I thought it would kill me!

When I started painting my IG force in August, I figured that the infantry would be the hardest for me to be motivated to paint, so I did them first.  I was surprised that I finished off all the stands in about 2 weeks (15 hours of work for the company, plus 2 test stands for paint schemes I didn't use).  My next batch was tanks, and I was even more surprised that it took me the entire month (30 hours of work for the 10 tanks).  I've been so burned by the tanks, that I haven't touched my artillery company, and it's been almost two weeks!

I hope that you are plesantly surprised to find that you like painting up your troops, as a change from your tanks.

P.S. you can find an account of my painting escapades on my weblog.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Ghe'dahlg @ Oct. 18 2006,17:25)
Atleast I'll 'try' to get all my infantry painted

Hah hah. As if THAT is going to work  :laugh:

You have been saying that a long time already. I'm sure that when I get back from Finland you are still in process of painting them *grin*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(tneva82 @ Oct. 20 2006,10:31)
You have been saying that a long time already. I'm sure that when I get back from Finland you are still in process of painting them *grin*

Because of this I'm going to paint one stand just to make you astonished! If I'm ever going to have the time to do that :p

I hope that you are plesantly surprised to find that you like painting up your troops, as a change from your tanks.

Yeah, I hope too. But the motivation isn't the only problem anymore because I got in to university I don't really have time to paint until christmas and even then I'll probably have to find a job to get some money. Same for the summer.

And my main problem in painting was the camouflage(is it spelled like this?) theme. It is really annoying to paint for the little guys :D

Atleast my camouflage themed troops are pretty much done(some 12-20 stands still to go) so I'm able to get my hands to the Red Guards(which I'll have to buy) and Black Coats(which also wait in the store).

And tneva, you can stop your nagging about Vultureless Storm Trooppers before you even start it. I'm not going to listen. :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Ghe'dahlg @ Oct. 20 2006,14:53)
Because of this I'm going to paint one stand just to make you astonished! If I'm ever going to have the time to do that :p

Yeah, I hope too. But the motivation isn't the only problem anymore because I got in to university I don't really have time to paint until christmas and even then I'll probably have to find a job to get some money. Same for the summer.

And my main problem in painting was the camouflage(is it spelled like this?) theme. It is really annoying to paint for the little guys :D

And tneva, you can stop your nagging about Vultureless Storm Trooppers before you even start it. I'm not going to listen. :p

Yep. Time can be problem for all of us.

But if it helps atleast that camoflage looks good :D

And actually it's valkuries. Vultures are the ones with AT2+ missiles. But if you want to shoot yourself to foot feel free. What's wrong with valkyries anyway? 2 times BP4 disrupt barrage=lots o' destruction among enemies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Uhm... an all-tank IG army has just two big problems:

- Almost no hand-to-hand combat capability (even the superheavies can't withstand the lowest of the CC troops in an assault)

- Too few formations, from which you take too few activations

Maybe that's why i first painted a lot of infantry an artillery...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Yuber Okami @ Oct. 24 2006,09:20)
- Almost no hand-to-hand combat capability (even the superheavies can't withstand the lowest of the CC troops in an assault)

Since super heavies can use their FF my orks disagree with that one! Limitless are number of times baneblade company has broken charge of ork warband!

Darned baneblades. Me hates them.