Login |  Register |  FAQ

EA Blood Axe Lists

Post subject: Re: EA Blood Axe Lists
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Guys, how should a Drop Kan look like? It's just a piece of fluffy marker, I know, but I want to make some :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

NitPick did a Ball of Gork (or was it Mork?) as an alternate landa but in my mind it screams Drop Kan. Something like that full of whacky unsafe nonaerodynamic orky parts would be full of awesomeness

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20710

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

WOW, some cool stuff :D

I'm thinkig more of a drop rok, or something big/metal/stone stuff, a bit more square. They are extremly useful in this list, so worth a good conversion.. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah totaly. Why I love Orks so much is that pretty much nothing can be wrong in making them. :D

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think Warmaster Nice made some drop roks for the gargant list years ago. I remember them as awesome indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Guys, what's the idea behind Big Koptas?

With a transport option of 6 units, only good for kommandos (ok, it was a WE unit tailored to them, i understand) -but not for warbands! Besides that, they are skimming battlefortresses, for +10p.. ->but BFs have a transport capacity of 8. Is there any chance, that it will change?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmm... I might be wrong. But could a list with 6 podding storm boyz formations and a spaceship be a very broken build?
You could ZoC an entire deployment zone (120x20cm) with the right placement. It also costs 1100 leaving another 1900 points for other formations that can advance while the stormboyz are tying up all enemy units in their deployment zone.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Today, we had a game -Blood Axe orcs vs Codex Marine, 3000p.

First of all, almost total wipeout, I lost 4:0.

My opponent had 2x Tacticals+Lascannon Dreadnought+Hunter, 2x Devastators +Lascannon Dreadnought+Hunter, 2x Land Speeder Tornado, 2x Bikes and a Warhound pack. An interesting army -msot of his stuff started as a garrison force -I positioned the T&H objectives near to the short table edges, but as a mistake, too close to the halfway.

MY list was an experimental one -a lot of small units, with a few unique BA stuff: 4x Commandos (2x with Big Kopta, 1x with 3 Dethkoptas), 1x Bommer (+Stormboyz), 1x Stormboyz +3x Dethkoptas, 1x Big Warband with Warlord, 1x big unit of Big Wagonz, 1x Gunzmob (lobbaz), and 3x3 Fightas. So a lot of small activations, a lot of airforce (my bad, that the opponent had a lot of Hunters -he used them in pairs), no drop kanz/blitz+oddboyz this time!

The game was a massacre for the orks, the dice truly hates me (from 9x4+, I rolled 1 succes. From 18x 6+, I rolled 0 succes, etc). Those light speeders killed my half army single handedly, shot down a big kopta, etc. No words for can describa how bad things went :D

But It was a good experience, my 3rd game with orks:

-Orky airforce is the best. Get me more Fightas! :D The only units worked well, were the suicidous fightas (they hunted down 2 Hunters :D ), and then saved me a victory pointa t the end of turn 3 (they broke the small, understrenght units around the opponents T&H, so he didn't achive the defend the flag.)

-Bommas are confusing -they are AC, with more DC -like a war engine, but they are no WE. They have more DC, but no critical! They deploy units, and have the Transport rule, but cannot land. Besides that, Stormboyz can be activated after deployed -just like in case of planetfall, but it's not planetfall, just a normal, non WE Transport AC.. Brrr
Why it's not a WE? How can these things fit into the rules? The Stormboyz should be "activated" for that turn (as the old list says..)

-Big Koptas: They are good as skimmers, but for 125p, and a transport capacity of 6 units, it's too much. They should be 115p, like a normal Battlefortress!

-Big Wagonz are good, but not as good as Stompas. They have a transport capacity of 1 -which is, for 75p -it's maybe fine for the temrinators, but too much for the Orks. To expensive, no one will buy them as transports (maybe in megageddon battles), just as a stand alone unit! I really want to see my mechanized ork warband's Warlord/nobz in them! :)

-Kommandos are nice :) I started to like them more :D