Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Thousand Sons 6.0

Post subject: Re: Thousand Sons 6.0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, all!

I'm about to get a TSs army and i've took a look to this list in order to play them. I don't know well the lore of TSs but i have some doubts about the list (6.2, I think it's the more actual version).

1. TSs Terminators are very expensive. Chaos termies costs 275 vs 400. We have Fearless, ok, but they have that Reaper Cannons instead of Combis. Combis will almost never be used. You want them to get to bc. And thar CC4+ instead CC3+ of Chaos Termies... And ours can't march.

2. Where are the Dreadclaw Entry? Its an upgrade?

3. Greater Spire: Daemonic Focus only applies to summons of the own formation, isn't it? GS don't have acces to Daemonic Pact.

4. I understand that THE RUBRIC is represented with the cannot march rule and Reinforced armour for the infantry, isn't it? If this is like that, I understand that TSs Adeptus, and Sekhmet, neophytes and vehicles are not Rubric troops and they shouldn't be affected by this rule.

Some erratas over ther:
The following special rules apply to Chaos formations and units.
Daemonic PacK,

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Pencanenas wrote:
Hi, all!

I'm about to get a TSs army and i've took a look to this list in order to play them. I don't know well the lore of TSs but i have some doubts about the list (6.2, I think it's the more actual version).

1. TSs Terminators are very expensive. Chaos termies costs 275 vs 400. We have Fearless, ok, but they have that Reaper Cannons instead of Combis. Combis will almost never be used. You want them to get to bc. And thar CC4+ instead CC3+ of Chaos Termies... And ours can't march.

2. Where are the Dreadclaw Entry? Its an upgrade?

3. Greater Spire: Daemonic Focus only applies to summons of the own formation, isn't it? GS don't have acces to Daemonic Pact.

4. I understand that THE RUBRIC is represented with the cannot march rule and Reinforced armour for the infantry, isn't it? If this is like that, I understand that TSs Adeptus, and Sekhmet, neophytes and vehicles are not Rubric troops and they shouldn't be affected by this rule.

Some erratas over ther:
The following special rules apply to Chaos formations and units.
Daemonic PacK,

Good army choice. Good luck with it!

1. Fearless is a very powerful ability and the main weakness of Terminators. On the other side, the lack of Reaper Cannons, while a drawback is not as important as the big increase in power into assaults they have now with the EA in FF.

2. The Dreadclaw is there as an upgrade, for +5 points per unit.

3. Both Spires and Palaces have access to Daemonic Pact, as an upgrade, and also a Champion of Tzeentch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Pencanenas, forget what i said about points two and three, i noticed that the last version of the list (6.2) is not on the first page.

2. They have been removed in the last version, so maybe it was a typo of just left there in case they come back, but yeah, right now they have been completely removed from the list, no doubt.

3. Probably again another typo, as they lost the option for Daemonic Pact in the last version, as Ole said.

4. Investigated a bit and, reading this quote by Ole, its seems that it was for only basic Thousand Sons infantry like you say, but that was before the rule was last changed, and now in my opinion the rule seems to say that every formation has it. We would need another opinion on it.

Ole wrote:
The Rubric only effected Thousand sons marines, there always where plenty of formation in this list, who weren’t effected. Scarab Occult, Thousand Sons Armour, Silver Tower Company where always able to march. No less then 3 out of 5 Retinues. And in the support formations Sekhmet Disc Riders and Neophyte Class 2 out of 3 formations. Which means the majority of the army could march. That rule goes way back. And I haven’t read a complain about a fast moving force. Ole

Quote:
TS3 THE RUBRIC
Thousand Sons are noted for their slow, ponderous and methodical advance. To represent this no units can March. All formations in the army receive a +1
modifier to their action test roll when attempting a Marshal action.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you for your answer.

Let's see if anybody else read us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Anyone there?

I have my new miniatures now... Soon I'll start painting and I hope that the recibe their baptism of fire on december.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all.

This project looks death. I don't know the procedure but what happens when the person responsible for a project is lost? Can anyone take over after a while?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey,

Yeah the faction champion (Steve 54 in this case I think) will select a new person to take over the list should the exsisting person responcible for the list be inactive for too long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And... How can we start the process? I think this is inactive since mid 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi. Can we change the faction champion or contact with the current and revive this?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Hey folks:

I was just looking at 6.1.2, I have some concerns. I haven't played in a long time and I'm going from memory so take this all with a big grain of salt. However, some of this list raises my eyebrows.

Fearless Rubric: Replacing the Rubric rule with RA/Fearless seems questionable from both a power and style standpoint. We tested that a fair amount early on in the hopes of not having a new special rule. There are a lot of gamey things that Fearless units can do. Having a 6- unit, 4+RA Fearless formation with a high rally is not only very powerful, it causes "mad scramble" play with broken Rubric formations double-moving all over the place.

The idea of the Rubric rule was to give them a noticeable durability boost while avoiding the gamey weirdness of the Fearless rule applied to larger formations.

Webway Portal: I understand this has to do with some more recent background material about the TSons infiltrating the webway, which seems cool. However, I have concerns about how it could work with the list. A 9-unit, skimmer, CC disc rider formation being able to deploy through it at any time. That seems like a pretty powerful area denial ability that will always be centered on an objective, even for the cost of 325 points and an off-board activation. Deceivers are obviusly slower and deny less area but still nasty in CC, cheaper and more flexible if they can't CC. Some Eldar formations might be comparable but I think most of them are more expensive.

It might be fine but it definitely needs a stress test.

===

Let me note that I have great sympathy for anyone championing this list. A "slow and steady" assault formation as the core of an army is brutally difficult to pull off.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:28 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Pencanenas wrote:
Hi. Can we change the faction champion or contact with the current and revive this?

Hi Pencanenas, let me take a look and see if we can't get some life back into this.

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great. That would be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How is this going? We have a few Thousand Sons players un our group, we would love if this get aproved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:18 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

You could easily have a go at refreshing if yourselves and post something up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Thanks for the interest. The list is as good as it gets with no third group of play testers. I’m sure I linked all the valid reports to the first topic. Feel free to post some reports and we can discuss the evidence.

Cheers and stay save

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

Building a House Devine Army

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next