Login |  Register |  FAQ

Vraksian Renegades Moving Forward

Post subject: Vraksian Renegades Moving Forward
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Everyone,

Firstly a big thanks to Steve for handing the list over and for all the well wishes that have come in. In regards to the list, at this point I do not intend on making any changes but playing a first round of testing to see how the list plays. I want to understand how viable it is at this point at tournaments. Once I have a good idea of what it is like I will start to look at what the list needs to make it viable and any changes from there.

For those that are keen to do some play testing, PM or email me at cal.240@hotmail.com I am looking for peeps to play six games in the first round. Games need to be played against the core lists, so:

Codex Marines
Steel Legion
Ghazkull Orks
Chaos Space Marines
Biel Tan Eldar
AMTL

I will provide some further guidance on list constructs and what I am looking to see in each list. Games should be 3k tournament play. BATREPs are essential to understanding whats going on. So I would ask that BATREPs include key elements on what occurred in the game, so some analysis on how units performed, what effect they had. I will get us some space under BATREPs to place results and keep a tally of win/loss ratio.

Link to BATREP Thread http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29092

Anyway, enough from me for now. I look forward to hearing from those keen to get this list back on the table.

Cheers
Aaron

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Vraksian Renegades Moving Forward
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good to see you take this on :)

Why just those lists though? Playtesting is normally allowed against any approved list i.e. those in the Tournament Pack (which just recently got updated) and I would suggest that as the best option rather than limiting things further.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Glyn,

Think you need to have a look at what I am trying to do. I am after a base line, some raw data I can take away and mull over and make some deductions. The big six are the most frequently used armies at tournament and therefore should provide me with solid grounding.

Whilst Round 1 is against those list, subsequent rounds will be against approved lists to see how it performs against a variety. At round three I will widen it to include the Developmental lists to see how it compares against lists of similar maturity.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Cheers
Cal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good plan cal! I like the base line data gathering exercise.

. Im sure cal doesnt mean that you cant play vraks against whatever you want - it just wont be included in the intial results.

Last edited by JimXII on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cools CAL! My current Iron Warriors project is getting double duty as a Vraks based force via the introduction of some Malcs and Hellborn on my painting table right now. I'm hoping that we don't see too many changes due to my desires to not rework the entire collection of models I've pulled together for this! Ha! :D

Good idea on getting a wide set of numbers as a baseline before we start hacking and slashing.

I'll try and see what i can contribute but since I've got big fish to fry as interim AC I cant make any promises other than to do my best. I think what might be helpful would be to get a few sample lists thrown out there for people to chww on and that will likely built some excitement. The concept of low tech guard and traitor astartes is a compelling one and I for one and happy to see this getting the attention it deserves.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I really like this list so im very happy to see it get some love. Im toying with the idea of building a Vraks list as allies to my chaos marines.

Battle Reports Thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Guys,

Well the day job decided to drag me away for over a month, gotta love that. I did take the army with me but time for in the way so Fattdex and I did not manage a game over the time. I have managed two games so far:

Game 1 Guard V Vraks against JimXII - 2 - 0 to Vraks with T&H and Bltz - Awaiting Batrep
Game 2 Orks V Vraks against Sethanon 2 - 1 to Orks DTF & TSNP - http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29092&p=559529#p559529

Cheers
Aaron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My army is assembled and ready to take the field. Hoping to see a report done this weekend against one of the starting 6