Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Daemon World List

Post subject: Re: Daemon World List
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:30 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

jimmyzimms wrote:
Perhaps GB REQUIRES the rift? Make it the core strategy around bringing in the very best (worst?) of the big guys

Yeah maybe keep the rift rules in their current form (replace objective) but allow GD'S to come through.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like the idea of more than one "space ship" allowing for staggered Warp Rifts, and limiting the GD to a slow and steady one would be good.

The worry is how it would interact with other lists and their spaceships - where the Daemon player could bounce their space ship into later turns etc (tho given the SR it would likely be the other way round). It would allow the teleport mechanic to be gotten rid of and replaced with something a little less over whelming (pre-plotted locations make things more predictable).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:56 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yeah maybe dont have it count as a spaceship just for purposes of blocking/being blocked by an opponents spaceship. It's not really an orbiting physical presence.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:57 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

planning to use the daemon list this weekend here is the list I'm using (wanted to try a sprinkling of everything):

Incompertus, 3000 POINTS
Daemonic Incursion (3.1 / v2015 TCMD forum)
==================================================
WARP RIFT [200]
KHORNE HORDE [250]
6 Bloodletter units, Herald
NURGLE HORDE [350]
6 Plaguebearer units, Herald, Upgrade: Chaos Altar
SLAANESH HORDE [250]
6 Daemonette units, Herald
TZEENTCH HORDE [250]
6 Horror units, Herald
FOLLOWERS OF TZEENTCH [150]
6 Flamers
FOLLOWERS OF KHORNE [150]
6 Fleshhounds
SLAANESH GREATER DAEMONS [175]
Keeper of Secrets
KHORNE GREATER DAEMONS [350]
Bloodthrister of Khorne, Daemon Lord
NURGLE GREATER DAEMONS [175]
Great Unclean One
TZEENTCH GREATER DAEMONS [400]
2 Lord of Change
UNDIVIDED: SOULGRINDER MANIPLE [300]
4 Soulgrinder

Planning to use the Warp Rift as a 200 pt spacecraft with the following stats in the indicated manner:
Slow and Steady, 8BP IC, Disrupt, transport capacity 30: Greater daemons count as 5, Chaos alters as 2.

Quote:
I was thinking of having the "spaceship" come on, launch an OB of a certain magnitude to represent the rift pulling open, and then allowing formations to then planet-fall to the same location, like drop pods. Gives the bombardment and the ability of formations to teleport, but keeps them relatively contained by having them all arrive at roughly the same point.

So pre-plotting only one location and then scattering all the formations from that point after the barrage goes off.
Rational. its Slow and stead so it need 8-BP to reasonably hit anything. Also I think IC, D is more fitting than MW for the strength of the rift opening up.

Using the Daemon lord as +2DC and supreme commander for 150pts.

Not playing with Chaos Gate or Daemonic Assault. Thouhg I think this army in this incarnation will have a lot of problems facing mobile shooty armies like tau, Eldar, Guard. Should do reasonably well against assault focused armies though. The lack of any real shooting in the list will be a challenge.

Novemberrain, let me know if this is what you had in mind. Happy to adjust a bit to accommodate your play testing goals.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks like a good place to start - give it a go and see what happens!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, I have joined Tactical command recently, but I have been browsing it since about a year and a half.

I saw this list some time ago and I loved it, since I really like chaos demons but dislike the chaos marine lists.

It would be great if the list didn't die, but it hasn't got a lot of activity recently, so I'm wondering if you gave up on it.

I'm slowly building an army to play this list, and I have been experimenting with it playing Minigeddon, but not much else yet. After it gets big enough I would like to post some battle reports and the opinions I extract from those games.

For now I have some things I would like to point out:

-Lord of the Change has been Infantry in this list since ever and it has never been mentioned, while it should be a WE.

-The rule Instability isn't clear enough on what is considered a "Lesser demon". It might be obvious for all of you, but I'm not sure on what demons fall under that category. Some are obvious, sure, but not everything other than Greater Demons are actually Lesser, as I think Soulgrinders aren't.
I think adding "Instability" to the units affected by this rule would make it clearer.

-By the wording in Daemon World Support Packs, I get that having 4 core hordes of Slaanesh and 1 core horde of Tzeentch I could have 5 squad of Flamers. Is it really not limited to how many core hordes of that factions you have, or should I have only one squad of Flamers?

-A friend of mine has noticed that inspiring could be abuse in Greater demon hordes, as you could have 3 Keepers of secrets for 525, having there big guys with fearless, great chance to save any hits and +3 in combat just for being there. Not sure if this is intended too.

-Core hordes list the extra factions units in groups, are they only grouped by their costs or does the maximum of units count for the group instead of every kind of demon in each group?
What I mean is: can I have a Core horde of Tzeentch with 6 horrors +6 horrors + 6 Screamers + 6 flamers? Or should it be a total of +6 from either flamers, horrors or screamers?

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

CarlixTomix wrote:
Hi, I have joined Tactical command recently, but I have been browsing it since about a year and a half.

I saw this list some time ago and I loved it, since I really like chaos demons but dislike the chaos marine lists.

It would be great if the list didn't die, but it hasn't got a lot of activity recently, so I'm wondering if you gave up on it.

I'm slowly building an army to play this list, and I have been experimenting with it playing Minigeddon, but not much else yet. After it gets big enough I would like to post some battle reports and the opinions I extract from those games.

For now I have some things I would like to point out:

-Lord of the Change has been Infantry in this list since ever and it has never been mentioned, while it should be a WE.

-The rule Instability isn't clear enough on what is considered a "Lesser demon". It might be obvious for all of you, but I'm not sure on what demons fall under that category. Some are obvious, sure, but not everything other than Greater Demons are actually Lesser, as I think Soulgrinders aren't.
I think adding "Instability" to the units affected by this rule would make it clearer.

-By the wording in Daemon World Support Packs, I get that having 4 core hordes of Slaanesh and 1 core horde of Tzeentch I could have 5 squad of Flamers. Is it really not limited to how many core hordes of that factions you have, or should I have only one squad of Flamers?

-A friend of mine has noticed that inspiring could be abuse in Greater demon hordes, as you could have 3 Keepers of secrets for 525, having there big guys with fearless, great chance to save any hits and +3 in combat just for being there. Not sure if this is intended too.

-Core hordes list the extra factions units in groups, are they only grouped by their costs or does the maximum of units count for the group instead of every kind of demon in each group?
What I mean is: can I have a Core horde of Tzeentch with 6 horrors +6 horrors + 6 Screamers + 6 flamers? Or should it be a total of +6 from either flamers, horrors or screamers?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Carlix, welcome.

List isn't dead, but it is hibernating. It needs a lot of work (point costs balancing particularly) and I am not in a plac where playtesting is feasible.

Re: your points - I will try and do a mini update in the near future to address these but generally:
1) easy fix
2) Lesser daemons are generally the "core" daemons of the god's and their different flavours - so for example Daemonettes, Seekers of Slaanesh, Seeker Chariots are all "lesser" but Fiends of Slaansh are not. I will try and tag them in an update.
3) You can have as many support packs as you have core packs - you just require the one from the same god to "unlock" them
4) This will need looking at - Inspiring may be removed and put on the Supreme Comander upgrade instead
5) you may only have up to six of each selection - soan additional six, not an additional 18(!)

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Have a good sized Daemon World army, it just needs some more paint . Got 2 games in with it already yeah it needs some work to be viable. Don't get to play as much as id like these days with a new born though. Like to get one more game in before i get into all my new suggestions. See my previous posts for change ideas. I will say it is still a really unforgiving list. One wrong move or bought of bad luck and you are in serious trouble. Has the least shooting options of any list i can think of, is completely assault dependant and still needs better options for troop delivery without making it completely one dimensional.

Ok all that aside it looks awesome and has so much potential. The recent changes in unit costing has made it more high activation friendly, You can get some amazing squads of greater daemons that are terrifying and i really like the horde feel of it. It plays similar to tyranids (original list).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:13 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Planning to get this list out for a spin a few times this year at least. Its next up in my painting queue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My housemate is building a Tzeentch minigeddon list for this, so I'll also be playtesting it and reporting back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have lots of daemons from my LatD army and I was going to give this list a try, but the removal of Fearless from the daemons (just because) is a no go. Other Chaos lists have humongous numbers of fearless units and no issues (World Eaters, LatD REDUX, Death Guard...)

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Daemons don't have Fearless in other lists. It was added to some units in this list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
Daemons don't have Fearless in other lists. It was added to some units in this list.

The greater daemons do but yeah, the rank and file ones all don't have fearless but do have expendable

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:42 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Want to give this list a spin again as soon as this isolation stuff is over.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Maybe vassal it?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next