Login |  Register |  FAQ

Vraks Chaos List

Post subject: Vraks Chaos List
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok,

I don't know if I'm just getting sucked into a larger maelstrom of modeling effort, but I happened to see somebody's (Apocolocyntosis?) scratch builds for Nurgle Blight Drones, Nurgle Daemons, etc. and it got me to thinking.

Is anybody (i.e. E&C?) working on a Chaos forces list for the Siege of Vraks? I don't know exactly what goes on in those books as I only have access to Part I, but looking at the modeling effort that FW has undertaken, it seems like some sort of Chaos list is in order so that those models that are featured can be accounted for.

We now have a Vraksian renegade list (thank you E&C), a Krieg list (thank you E&C), the Dark Angels and Red Scorpions ought to be covered by the standard SM list, so that just leaves the Nurgle and Khorne forces to address.

Are those covered by Frogbears list? Assuming the appropriate models can be wrestled up (cough, Otterware, cough), is that the way to go?

What about Nurgle? Would that be Hena's list? Are Blight drones (or whatever they are called) a part of that list?

I'm just wondering if someone was crazy enough (not me I assure you  :) ) to want to stage a Siege of Vraks battle at say a convention...would they be able to do that with what is available now?

"Remember Taros? We do"

- 23rd Elysian Drop Regiment

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: 

I'm just wondering if someone was crazy enough (not me I assure you  :) ) to want to stage a Siege of Vraks battle at say a convention...would they be able to do that with what is available now?

This has been an idle thought of mine for a while, after Rug proposed making an awesome scenic board for showcasing Epic.

However, it would largely showcase a lot of scratchbuilt models, rather than SG/FW Epic models, so I think a convention display board might be better if it were 'generic'.

OTOH, it'd look awesome. :)

-----

The three Vraks books contain three Chaos Guard army lists:

- Vraksian Traitors (generic traitors, little different to normal guard bar some organisational and equipment changes)
- Vraksian Servants of Slaughter (Khorne L&TD)
- Vraksian Servants of Decay (Nurgle L&TD)

Zombocom has written a Khorne L&TD list based on the Vraks list, and as you note I've had a go at the generic traitor list. Noone's had a go at the Nurgle list at this point to my knowlege.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As far as staging Vraks at a convention, that was just an idea for exposing the general 40K crowd to "something completely different". I think the fact that you can model at this scale surprises people sometimes, but once they get the hang of it find out that it can be done.

Also, looking at the 40K historical scenarios in IA3, those aren't that difficult to scale up to Epic (note the clever juxtaposition  :cool: ), so I am assuming that certain siege type scenarios could be created without too much effort.

The idea would be to present the grand scale of Epic and have some fun. This would not be an insignificant effort, but could be managed.

As to Zombocom's list, would it make sense to just have one list with either a Khorne or a Nurgle option to it? I.e. Either/Or?

Also, where is the list located?

"Remember Taros? We do"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:54 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Yes blight drones are in the latest death guard list. They are also present in BL's red corsairs list, which also contains the new FW khornate war engines. A large scale Vraks battle would certainly be great promotion for epic.

Quote: 

I happened to see somebody's (Apocolocyntosis?) scratch builds

That would probably be me, yes :upside:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@Apoc...

So, those drones sort of look like a 40K Space Marine shoulder pad on the front, GS on the back and undersides. What are the engines made from?

"Remember Taros? We do"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:04 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

They are made like this ( or at least the master was):

Other things ive made in a similar manner might be useful Vraks proxys :whistle:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I bow down to your mad modeling skills. I am not worthy of populating the same thread as you.

Forgive my impudence...

"Remember Taros? We do"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
BTW if you follow thr Servants of Slaughter and Servants of Decey armylists in the IA books then neither of them are allowed any Daemons or Daemon Engines. Not even Defilers.
This are armies who have started to worship a specific Chaos God and have started to mutate but they aren't capable to deal with Daemons yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@BL: Dude, you're raining on my parade!  :grin:

Do keep in mind that the IA lists tend to be crafted for standard games of 40K, not Apocalypse and in reading the Sons of Slaughter (or whatever they are called) thread, I agree that they ought to be able to field the really cool toys that came out of Part 2 & 3.

Also, if I remember correctly, in the Pt. 1 list for Krieg, they are not able to take Gorgons...yet the list would seem odd without them.

Now this should make you happy, but I downloaded your Red Corsairs list and think that I can make that work for what I want to do.

Cheers,

P.S. I still would like to see these lists.   :agree:

"Remember Taros? We do"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
And Imperial Guard should have Space Marine units and vice versa :) Same argument same reason why it isn't so.
But certainly you could wirte an combined army list same as Chroma did with his Crusade amry list which combines Imperial Guard and Space Marines elements.

And good@Red Corsairs :) An extra pair of eyes to look at this list is always welcome. Perhabs we can finally see a battlereport featuring Red Corsairs? :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think such a display would be best at n gauge with a mould for multi part marines churning them out in various poses :)

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (The_Real_Chris @ Nov. 29 2009, 06:22 )

I think such a display would be best at n gauge with a mould for multi part marines churning them out in various poses :)

Dont think i havent considered matter printing a Liam Russel at about 15cm scale  :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Zombo, any news on posting this list for viewing? I'm sure if you mail it to CS, he can host it for us.

Cheers,

"Remember Taros? We do"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Now the pdf uploads are fixed, here's a copy. There are a few silly mistakes in there that need fixing, such as the DC and shields on the warlord. I'll post an update soon, adding the blood slaughterer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Domo!

"Remember Taros? We do"