Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Death Guard discussion

Post subject: Death Guard discussion
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Its technically the Red Corsairs list it comes from, don't want to take credit for BlackLegion's ideas.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Awesome.

Thanks for putting the Blight Drones in. Now I get to use them   :vD

Some questions:

--------------------------------------------------
Terminators, Do you pay the 50 points and then start purchasing Terminators or does the 50 points buy you the first unit?

That Death Guard Retinue is huge points. Just to transport them is 465 points. I am guessing you are using them as a 'backbone' to the army? Properly fitted out, these guys are objective takers no doubt and could form a tough BTS.

Plaugue Zombies: Yay!   :))

Contagion Towers: Finally Affordable!   :agree:

Feral Scout Titans: Did you see the discussion on another list about the Feral fitout as opposed to an Imperial fitout?  E&C made some good points which will make me review the Warhounds in the World Eater list. You prepared to review the whole 'Feral' fitout?

No Harbinger Bomber?  I think it would be appropriate for such a list.

Dreadnoughts: What is the fit-out for these? I have decided to go with two fit-outs to test how it goes myself. I would be interested to see what you are thinking of using.

The Death Guard Havoks from Upgrades are the same as in the Core retinue I presume?

Plaguereapers: What are these?
-------------------------------------------------

Overall I like what I see. Would like to see some games with the list.

Have you made up a 3000 point force with the list to see how many activations you can manage in a competative list? The Blight Drones, Plague Reapers and Zombies will no doubt assist with the activation count, but interested to see what you would use having played the army.

Are you going to release a full army list with full datafaxes or do we have to refer to the original list?

Overall, top notch dude.

:agree:

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
The Plaguereaper is in the WH40k Apocalypse rulebook. It's basically a Nurgle Baneblade but its Baneblade Battelcannon and coaxial Autocannon is replaced with a Pus Cannon (same stats as a Wh40k Titan Inferno Gun). And it got some disgusting rule if it blows up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (BlackLegion @ 14 Aug. 2009, 10:31 )

The Plaguereaper is in the WH40k Apocalypse rulebook. It's basically a Nurgle Baneblade but its Baneblade Battelcannon and coaxial Autocannon is replaced with a Pus Cannon (same stats as a Wh40k Titan Inferno Gun). And it got some disgusting rule if it blows up.

Ah!  Being in the Assault Sections, naturally (being a Khorne nut), I envisioned a Close Combat vehicle. Silly shooty machines. They are just so.... cowardly.   :tongue:

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Plaguereapers: What are these?

Fancy named Decimators. Black Legion gives the source of the name.

No. The Plaguereaper is an anti-infantry tank while the Decimator is more of an anti-all tank.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

After havng playtested the Death Guard (though only once, and not this 'new' Hena points list - the 'old' Hena one) I have a few observations.

- I dont particularly like the 4 DG + 3 PM set up of the Death Guard Retinue, it seemed to actually make them less versatile, tbh (the inability to shoot for the PMs hurt me badly in the last turn of the game when I needed the unit to 'prep' an assault). I would prefer a return to the standard 7 DGs with the option of adding PMs.
Part of this is my predjudice against the Fearless rule anyway (it is by far the most confusing and least elegant rule in the game, simply horrible) and the fact that stubborn is good enough that you dont really require Fearless units in a DG list (but the option should remain there for the times that you do).

- the change to the number of Plague Zombies is a long tme comming! whoes idea was it to have '3d6' in the first place? Ok, law of averages and all that, but you have wasted your time if you roll 6 or less... 8-13 is a better number (I was thinking of 2D6+6 myself).

- why the removal of Nurgle's Rot? When I played it was a reasonable boon to the units, not a game winner, but it made assaulting the DGs that much more of a risk to your opponent, which has a nice nurgle 'feel' to it. I would advocate removing it from certain units, but keep it for the DG infantry and Daemons.

- my gut reaction is that the Havocs are over-priced. But will certainly play-test them and see.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Hena @ 15 Aug. 2009, 03:20 )

One thing to add here. Should the Plague Towers be able to take support vehicle upgrade?

It really depends on what role you see them playing. Personally I would not have them there.

Other options that come to mind are either:

1. a small retinue of troops to act as a guard against CC (they form part of the unit)
2. 1-2 Contagion Towers (85 points each?)
3. Similar things to Blight Drones or the Nid Spore mines that explode for AA damage (15cm perhaps)
4. Beastmen retinue (?)

These are just some ideas. It never really takes my fancy to incorporate the Imperial vehicles alongside these constructions. Maybe that's just me, but I sense you feel the same having asked the question.

Cheers...     :;):

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice to see some new action in here.

I've plaed two times with autocannons on DeathGuard marines, one attack on the regulars and two on the havocs, and it does make them far more usable than the plasmagun attack from before.

I do however have a few things to ask about this new list;

Transport option, why is this limitied to four rhinos/land raiders? Shouldent I be able to transport any formation that I upgrade with more havocs/plague marines?

Why no armoured company? Ive used one for the last times I played and realy like to be able to use tanks and not pay for alot for marines riding around in them.

Shouldent the price for the havoc formation be 400? 350 for 7 havocs and 50 for the lord?

Other than that I like the removal of nurgle's rot, it's sad in a fluff-kind of way but in all my games with my DG it never had any impact worth noting, and I forgot it more often than I used it.

Blight drones are a nice addon, I dont have any but they are nugly and should be there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next