Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

L&D v3.2 army list

Post subject: L&D v3.2 army list
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Posted some of my Chaos stuff on 6mm Epic !   Check it out !   Only a few !  Will do more in the future !   :;):

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Tas @ 24 Nov. 2005 (01:25))
Nice stuff Chroma - you are promoted to Arch-Heretic! :D

WOOHOO!!!

There's a 4000 point EPIC tournament coming up here on December 10th at the GW Oakville Bunker.  There were two other tournaments this year, at 2000 and 3000 points, which I both won with my Lost and Damned.  I don't know if I can squeeze 4000 points out of the models I have... it really saddens my evil heart.

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't know if I can squeeze 4000 points out of the models I have... it really saddens my evil heart

There are easy answers to that: Trade, Ebay, and 'counts as'  :D

My ECW Blog: http://declaresir.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Where or are there stats for my "Old School", Jugger Riders, Slann Riding Beast & Disc Riders ?   ???

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Tas @ 24 Nov. 2005 (03:56))
There are easy answers to that: Trade, Ebay, and 'counts as' ?:D

Finding Slaaneshi war machines just isn't that easy... *sigh* *laugh*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 24 Nov. 2005 (04:04))
Where or are there stats for my "Old School", Jugger Riders, Slann Riding Beast & Disc Riders ? ? ???

I believe those are listed in the Black Legion Chaos Marine list, as those all have Chaos Marines riding them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll look again ... thanks ! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

List looks very good, to make it perfect though

Up the cost of land transporters to 15pts

Reduce the fire power on the plague towers mortar to D3+1 Bp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (yme-loc @ 24 Nov. 2005 (16:40))

no leave land transporters as they are, They are really poor and I've painted 18, if they went up to 15pts they would have to go, not worth the points.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (yme-loc @ 24 Nov. 2005 (17:40))

Could you elaborate, please? What?s wrong with the Plague Tower, why are the LTs too cheap? Helps discussing your suggestions...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Irondeath @ 24 Nov. 2005 (20:40))
Quote (yme-loc @ 24 Nov. 2005 (17:40))

Could you elaborate, please? What?s wrong with the Plague Tower, why are the LTs too cheap? Helps discussing your suggestions...

Land transporters should be 15pts because thats what they are worth, thats what their stats should cost. It also takes into account how useful speed is in epic especially when added to big formations of troops that want to get in close and who then gain the ability to strike were and when they want and are also much better at capturing objectives.

The effect of weak but cheap and fast transports added to weak but cheap and large infantry formations subsequently overpowering the previously correctly pointed infantry formation (the speed horde effect) is a problem in a few lists, such as feral orks and speed freaks, I would prefer this not to happen in this list.

Plague towers - perhaps I have missed something here but its a damage cap 6, 4+ reinforced armour fealess warengine with a 60cm D3+3 Disrupt barrage along with some other long range guns. who cares about its transport capacity take these as support weapons. double them up on the first turn and then just control the centre blasting anything that comes within 75cm.

D3+1 weakens this overpowered weapon a little as well as making it a little bit more interesting and chaotic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 23 Nov. 2005 (23:04))
Where or are there stats for my "Old School", Jugger Riders, Slann Riding Beast & Disc Riders ? ? ???

They are not in the L&D list.  Technically they aren't in the CSM list either.  These are old OOP models that will not be availble when the e40k era chaos sprue is put back into production.  Many players that have these models are using them as Chaos Marine Bikers.

-Audrey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (yme-loc @ 28 Nov. 2005 (17:53))
Land transporters should be 15pts because thats what they are worth, thats what their stats should cost. It also takes into account how useful speed is in epic especially when added to big formations of troops that want to get in close and who then gain the ability to strike were and when they want and are also much better at capturing objectives.

The effect of weak but cheap and fast transports added to weak but cheap and large infantry formations subsequently overpowering the previously correctly pointed infantry formation (the speed horde effect) is a problem in a few lists, such as feral orks and speed freaks, I would prefer this not to happen in this list.

Plague towers - perhaps I have missed something here but its a damage cap 6, 4+ reinforced armour fealess warengine with a 60cm D3+3 Disrupt barrage along with some other long range guns. who cares about its transport capacity take these as support weapons. double them up on the first turn and then just control the centre blasting anything that comes within 75cm.

D3+1 weakens this overpowered weapon a little as well as making it a little bit more interesting and chaotic.

LTs:

My experience using these is that Covens thus mounted will get hit early, which is relatively easy to do as the LatD list offers few priority targets in Turn1, e.g. no Deathstrikes/Arty Companies/etc you MUST hit ASAP or suffer. Also, incorporating AA is costly for the LaTD, and I tend to suffer here in smaller games, making for easy bombing runs.

Hence mechanized Coven will lose some transports real quick, and there goes their mobility. Getting rushed by hordes of LT-borne Cultists is nasty, but there are easy countermeasures, so why not use these instead of pricing the LTs into oblivion? The comment also applies to other speed hordes you mentioned, I see a new army/tactic effect here that won't stand the test of time as opponents will adapt.

Plague Tower:
The mortar isn't an Indirect Fire weapon, so it will have to be in the open to have any effect. TK(D3) and better weapons are readily available to almost all armies, there are no larger WEs in the LatD list. If the usual fate of my Lords Of Battles is any indication, then opponents will have no problems with the PTs.

Also, two templates Disrupt from a platform that might have to move in order to fire is hardly overpowering. How many units will that usually cover? Like... 5 or 6? Hitting half of these assuming 4+?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Irondeath @ 01 Dec. 2005 (08:48))
My experience using these is that Covens thus mounted will get hit early, which is relatively easy to do as the LatD list offers few priority targets in Turn1, e.g. no Deathstrikes/Arty Companies/etc you MUST hit ASAP or suffer. Also, incorporating AA is costly for the LaTD, and I tend to suffer here in smaller games, making for easy bombing runs.

I agree entirely, the few games I've played, the speed advantage last only a couple of activations. I still take them because there is nothing like a hoard of beastmen jumping out of junk wagons but tactically they are very hit and miss.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Irondeath @ 01 Dec. 2005 (08:48))
Quote (yme-loc @ 28 Nov. 2005 (17:53))

LTs:

Hence mechanized Coven will lose some transports real quick, and there goes their mobility. Getting rushed by hordes of LT-borne Cultists is nasty, but there are easy countermeasures, so why not use these instead of pricing the LTs into oblivion? The comment also applies to other speed hordes you mentioned, I see a new army/tactic effect here that won't stand the test of time as opponents will adapt.

Plague Tower:
The mortar isn't an Indirect Fire weapon, so it will have to be in the open to have any effect. TK(D3) and better weapons are readily available to almost all armies, there are no larger WEs in the LatD list. If the usual fate of my Lords Of Battles is any indication, then opponents will have no problems with the PTs.

Also, two templates Disrupt from a platform that might have to move in order to fire is hardly overpowering. How many units will that usually cover? Like... 5 or 6? Hitting half of these assuming 4+?

Why is 15pts (What their stats are worth) pricing into oblivion.

A cultist army comprising something like the following will overwhelm an oponent with choices on the first turn.

Cult, Pts = 420
Chaos Marine Champion, 13 Cultists, 7 Land transporters, 2 Hydra's, 2 Chaos Hounds.

Cult, Pts = 410
Chaos Marine Champion, 13 Cultists, 7 Land transporters, 2 Hydra's, Chaos Hound.

Cult, Pts = 410
Chaos Marine Champion, 13 Cultists, 7 Land transporters, 2 Hydra's, Chaos Hound.

Cult, Pts = 410

Cult, Pts = 400
Chaos Marine Champion, 13 Cultists, 7 Land transporters, 2 Hydra's.

Cult, Pts = 400
Chaos Marine Champion, 13 Cultists, 7 Land transporters, 2 Hydra's.

Questor Titan, Pts = 275

Questor Titan, Pts = 275

141 units all moving at 30cm using their transports + 2 Questor Titans. with 12 hydras not much to worry about from the air.

I am sorry but if a list can reate these sorts of speed horde's its not a balanced list. There is no real defence apart from to play as well as you can and hope for a draw but a good 60-70 % of the time these sorts of lists will win.

Unless of course you use a speed horde list in return such as the horrible 250+ unit feral ork speed horde of doom.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next